Predict Bojan Bogdanovic's Contract

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

How much will Bojan Bogdanovic make per year in his next contract?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm

$31.5 - $32.7 mil per year
No votes
$28.0 - $31.4 mil per year
No votes
$24.5 - $27.9 mil per year
2%
$21.0 - $24.4 mil per year
4%
$17.5 - $20.9 mil per year
45%
$14.0 - $17.4 mil per year
40%
$10.5 - $13.9 mil per year
8%
$7.00 - $10.4 mil per year
No votes
$3.50 - $6.99 mil per year
2%
$0.00 - $3.49 mil per year
No votes

Total votes: 53

bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 480

Predict Bojan Bogdanovic's Contract 

Post#1 » by bpcox05 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:24 pm

How much will Bojan Bogdanovic make per year in his next contract?
KMartsCrew
Junior
And1: 217

Re: Predict Bojan Bogdanovic's Contract 

Post#2 » by KMartsCrew » Sun Jun 9, 2019 3:40 pm

I don't think anyone goes over 20 million a year nor do I see him getting 4 years, but doubt he'll take less than 15 million per & 3.

But you'll also need to offer him a starting job & heavy minutes. That's one of the main reasons why he signed with Indiana a couple of years ago in the first place. Over the last 2 seasons, he's started in all & each of the 172 games (regular season + playoffs) he's appeared in for the Pacers, while playing an average of around 31 & a half minutes per game, being the 2nd option on a near 50-win team. He isn't gonna give that up to go come off the bench elsewhere, which he hasn't done since his Wizards days. That's wishful thinking.

All in all, I have to think it would be hard to pry him away from Indiana if they are willing to meet his market value. The combination of that prominent a role + playing for that good a team would be hard to beat. He is in a great situation there & I'm sure he values it, especially after not enjoying that opportunity in his first few years in the league. This is the bottom line: https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1243509/
“I’m just praying we don’t lose him,” Bayno added. Ah, yes, the future. Bogdanovic is going to be a free agent at season’s end. Already, Bayno is politicking for his return to the Pacers. “He sees how important he is to us and that’s not the same with every team,’’ he said. “He may end up going to another team and taking more money and being miserable. All we can do is hope he wants to be here and know how much we love him. And I’m speaking for the entire coaching staff when I say that.”
But he'll have suitors as Pritchard anticipated going by the interest in him at the deadline, so like he said he'll have to be competitive with his offer.

I think San Antonio could pose a real threat if they are able to open up the required cap space. I believe their interest could be very real. Bobby Marks mentioned he was told about it by 3 different sources. This is a guy who was part of the front office who got Bojan's draft rights for the Nets back in the day. Spurs people may have checked in with him about Bojan. I've also seen a couple of Denver writers speculate about him being a potential target for them, & that could be another interesting option. They lack a starting SF, & coach Malone has expressed his admiration for Bojan in the past.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#3 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:03 pm

A lot more than people expect.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#4 » by Crives » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:49 pm

At least 20
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by Wizop » Sun Jun 9, 2019 5:39 pm

Pacers can offer a little over 18. Pacers forum assumes we will. anyone else will have to start higher.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,051

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jun 9, 2019 7:48 pm

andresb wrote:I don't think anyone goes over 20 million a year nor do I see him getting 4 years, but doubt he'll take less than 15 million per & 3.

But you'll also need to offer him a starting job & heavy minutes. That's one of the main reasons why he signed with Indiana a couple of years ago in the first place. Over the last 2 seasons, he's started in all & each of the 172 games (regular season + playoffs) he's appeared in for the Pacers, while playing an average of around 31 & a half minutes per game, being the 2nd option on a near 50-win team. He isn't gonna give that up to go come off the bench elsewhere, which he hasn't done since his Wizards days. That's wishful thinking.

All in all, I have to think it would be hard to pry him away from Indiana if they are willing to meet his market value. The combination of that prominent a role + playing for that good a team would be hard to beat. He is in a great situation there & I'm sure he values it, especially after not enjoying that opportunity in his first few years in the league. This is the bottom line: https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1243509/
“I’m just praying we don’t lose him,” Bayno added. Ah, yes, the future. Bogdanovic is going to be a free agent at season’s end. Already, Bayno is politicking for his return to the Pacers. “He sees how important he is to us and that’s not the same with every team,’’ he said. “He may end up going to another team and taking more money and being miserable. All we can do is hope he wants to be here and know how much we love him. And I’m speaking for the entire coaching staff when I say that.”
But he'll have suitors as Pritchard anticipated going by the interest in him at the deadline, so like he said he'll have to be competitive with his offer.

I think San Antonio could pose a real threat if they are able to open up the required cap space. I believe their interest could be very real. Bobby Marks mentioned he was told about it by 3 different sources. This is a guy who was part of the front office who got Bojan's draft rights for the Nets back in the day. Spurs people may have checked in with him about Bojan. I've also seen a couple of Denver writers speculate about him being a potential target for them, & that could be another interesting option. They lack a starting SF, & coach Malone has expressed his admiration for Bojan in the past.

Hard to see how the Nuggets get there to offer a competitive salary. If they waive Millsap and non guaranteed, they’re at a tad over $17m, still a full million short of what Indy can offer without even digging into cap space, but that also means not re signing Millsap unless he takes the room exception.

Also, the Nuggets writers in that article are like many of the Indy beat writers we’ve had in the past in terms of not understanding the salary cap. They mentioned waiving Millsap, using all that space to sign a Bojan, and then exceeding the cap to re sign Millsap, which, no, they’d have to renounce Millsap to use that space and they’d lose his Bird Rights and have to use cap space (nonexistent at that point) or an exception.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#7 » by jpengland » Sun Jun 9, 2019 8:22 pm

3/50

Somebody will stump up for him
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#8 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 8:38 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
andresb wrote:I don't think anyone goes over 20 million a year nor do I see him getting 4 years, but doubt he'll take less than 15 million per & 3.

Hard to see how the Nuggets get there to offer a competitive salary. If they waive Millsap and non guaranteed, they’re at a tad over $17m, still a full million short of what Indy can offer without even digging into cap space, but that also means not re signing Millsap unless he takes the room exception.

Also, the Nuggets writers in that article are like many of the Indy beat writers we’ve had in the past in terms of not understanding the salary cap. They mentioned waiving Millsap, using all that space to sign a Bojan, and then exceeding the cap to re sign Millsap, which, no, they’d have to renounce Millsap to use that space and they’d lose his Bird Rights and have to use cap space (nonexistent at that point) or an exception.

The problem is that most media writers are just not very smart. The only way the Nugs could offer Bojan that money would be if they could get the Pacers to take Milsap in trade for Bojan in an S&T. That might bring up a possible deal if the the Nuggets were willing to offer some value in addition to Milsap something might be able to be done.

I'm not sure the Pacers would want Milsap at that big price tag and giving up Bojan too, how much and what would the value be coming with him?
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#9 » by winter_mute_13 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 11:20 pm

Something in the $18-20m per year range, I think.

I'm mildly hopeful he'll return to the Pacers, but if some other team makes a big offer then all bets are off. And one other thing, if I were Bogey, I'd be flattered too if the Spurs come calling, so I don't know how that would play out.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#10 » by dorkestra » Sun Jun 9, 2019 11:47 pm

Below 20 would surprise me very much. I expect around 22 or 23 per year
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#11 » by TheDominator273 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:14 am

A hair over $20m per is my guess
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#12 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 am

3/48 seems right
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#13 » by Wizop » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I'm not sure the Pacers would want Milsap at that big price tag and giving up Bojan too, how much and what would the value be coming with him?

Milsap would be an offensive upgrade over Thad. the contract is very high but it does expire after a year. and who would play the 3? I have a hard time seeing this unless Vic will be out much of the season and we want to make this a transition year.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#14 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:I'm not sure the Pacers would want Milsap at that big price tag and giving up Bojan too, how much and what would the value be coming with him?

Milsap would be an offensive upgrade over Thad. the contract is very high but it does expire after a year. and who would play the 3? I have a hard time seeing this unless Vic will be out much of the season and we want to make this a transition year.

That would be the big isssue with a deal like that. Dougie is not a starter so somebody would have to be brought in to play the SF. What would Denver have to give in addition? I like Gary Harris, but he's a 2 not a 3. Harris had a rough year in 2018-19 has his stock fallen in Denver? Do they need an upgrade at SF enough to send Harris and Milsap to the Pacers for Bogie?

Return to Trades and Transactions