WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick

Moderators: Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dn4sty
Veteran
Posts: 2,589
And1: 1,358
Joined: Apr 11, 2017

WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#1 » by Dn4sty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 am

So if this is indeed true, what moves should OKC make to be in “absolute win now mode”
VCfor3
Veteran
Posts: 2,645
And1: 1,198
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:55 am

Add something and target Kevin Love?

Feel like this thread should be expanded to include/contain all the tidbits Woj dropped during the special ha.
Dn4sty
Veteran
Posts: 2,589
And1: 1,358
Joined: Apr 11, 2017

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#3 » by Dn4sty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:00 am

VCfor3 wrote:Add something and target Kevin Love?

Feel like this thread should be expanded to include/contain all the tidbits Woj dropped during the special ha.


Ha you are are probably correct about expanding thread.

I don’t hate the idea of Love. I’m not sure I like that Love can’t stay healthy.
VCfor3
Veteran
Posts: 2,645
And1: 1,198
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:06 am

Dn4sty wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Add something and target Kevin Love?

Feel like this thread should be expanded to include/contain all the tidbits Woj dropped during the special ha.


Ha you are are probably correct about expanding thread.

I don’t hate the idea of Love. I’m not sure I like that Love can’t stay healthy.


Agreed. I just was trying to think of what all win-now talent may be available. Conley is probably the best player readily available outside of AD, but I don't know if the fit is great. Westbrook/Conley/George/?/Adams and then have Conley cover the backup minutes? Conley is actually good off ball (our better lineups the last season or two was with Conley+backup PG) and you could always have one of Westbrook or Conley on the floor to run the offense.
Dn4sty
Veteran
Posts: 2,589
And1: 1,358
Joined: Apr 11, 2017

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#5 » by Dn4sty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Add something and target Kevin Love?

Feel like this thread should be expanded to include/contain all the tidbits Woj dropped during the special ha.


Ha you are are probably correct about expanding thread.

I don’t hate the idea of Love. I’m not sure I like that Love can’t stay healthy.


Agreed. I just was trying to think of what all win-now talent may be available. Conley is probably the best player readily available outside of AD, but I don't know if the fit is great. Westbrook/Conley/George/?/Adams and then have Conley cover the backup minutes? Conley is actually good off ball (our better lineups the last season or two was with Conley+backup PG) and you could always have one of Westbrook or Conley on the floor to run the offense.


Adams would have to be involved (most likely anyway) in any trade, unless some team just wants Schroder. I wouldn’t hate having Conley in OKC.
Boneman2
General Manager
Posts: 7,617
And1: 987
Joined: Jul 07, 2003
Location: Indy
       

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#6 » by Boneman2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 am

What 'win now' piece can OKC get with the 21st pick? Highly unlikely.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Revenged25
Pro Prospect
Posts: 996
And1: 272
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#7 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 am

Boneman2 wrote:What 'win now' piece can OKC get with the 21st pick? Highly unlikely.


Their best chance would probably be moving Adams with the #21 pick for 2+ players that could make an immediate impact. Guess it depends then on how teams view Adams value and who might be interested in him. Might even need to be a 3 team trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 35,671
And1: 20,242
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:20 am

Boneman2 wrote:What 'win now' piece can OKC get with the 21st pick? Highly unlikely.
This. I mean it sucks for OKC but they're on a beer budget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
User avatar
TGW
General Manager
Posts: 9,170
And1: 3,107
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#9 » by TGW » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:30 am

Revenged25 wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:What 'win now' piece can OKC get with the 21st pick? Highly unlikely.


Their best chance would probably be moving Adams with the #21 pick for 2+ players that could make an immediate impact. Guess it depends then on how teams view Adams value and who might be interested in him. Might even need to be a 3 team trade.


Yep...they need to package the pick with Adams. Problem is....who even wants Adams? He's a plodding center who would have been valuable in the 90's...not this era of basketball.

Dare I say it....Wiggins? A change of scenery might help the kid.
Revenged25
Pro Prospect
Posts: 996
And1: 272
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#10 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 am

TGW wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:What 'win now' piece can OKC get with the 21st pick? Highly unlikely.


Their best chance would probably be moving Adams with the #21 pick for 2+ players that could make an immediate impact. Guess it depends then on how teams view Adams value and who might be interested in him. Might even need to be a 3 team trade.


Yep...they need to package the pick with Adams. Problem is....who even wants Adams? He's a plodding center who would have been valuable in the 90's...not this era of basketball.

Dare I say it....Wiggins? A change of scenery might help the kid.


Maybe Atlanta, but they don't really have a player that would help them win now. Portland maybe with the Jurkic injury likely to persist much into next year, they could provide some players like Evan Turner etc that would provide some good depth/quality minutes. But then who replaces Adams then as you still need a quality big to run out there. Just a really tough situation for OKC right now.
VCfor3
Veteran
Posts: 2,645
And1: 1,198
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#11 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:14 am

Another thing to point out, Woj said they were looking for shooting.

Terrance Ross (S&T) for Schroder+21

Orlando gets a pick and 25-26y.o PG. OKC shaves off a few million from the salary cap (depending on what Ross signs for) and adds shooting.
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 33,686
And1: 19,501
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#12 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:27 am

Patterson Roberson for THJ?
Read on Twitter
User avatar
MoneyTalks41890
RealGM
Posts: 14,866
And1: 6,718
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#13 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:32 am

OKC out: Schroder, Roberson, PPat, Ferg, Diallo, 21
OKC in: Love, Dunn, Felicio

CLE out: Love
CLE in: Roberson, Ferg, 21, 38

CHI out: Dunn, Felicio, 38
CHI in: Schroder, PPat, Diallo
Revenged25
Pro Prospect
Posts: 996
And1: 272
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#14 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:34 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:OKC out: Schroder, Roberson, PPat, Ferg, Diallo, 21
OKC in: Love, Dunn, Felicio

CLE out: Love
CLE in: Roberson, Ferg, 21, 38

CHI out: Dunn, Felicio, 38
CHI in: Schroder, PPat, Diallo


Love has more value to the Cavs than this, though obviously other teams likely don't value him at the value he has for Cleveland.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 15,467
And1: 3,963
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#15 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:46 am

I think people are looking at the wrong level of player tbh. What can 21+ some of PPat, Roberson, and Schroeder get you? I kind of like the idea of Wiggins, tbh. It'd possibly be the worst backfire in history, but 21+Schroeder+PPat+Nader for Wiggins could be interesting. A less risky target might be Bazemore, or even TJ Warren.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
Greenraida
Pro Prospect
Posts: 916
And1: 236
Joined: Mar 06, 2012
Location: Sydney
 

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#16 » by Greenraida » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:13 am

21 + Schroder for Fournier? Orlando can take back some more salary if needed.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 57,537
And1: 28,605
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#17 » by Slava » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 am

babyjax13 wrote:I think people are looking at the wrong level of player tbh. What can 21+ some of PPat, Roberson, and Schroeder get you? I kind of like the idea of Wiggins, tbh. It'd possibly be the worst backfire in history, but 21+Schroeder+PPat+Nader for Wiggins could be interesting. A less risky target might be Bazemore, or even TJ Warren.


If there’s a player that ticks all the boxes for a presti target, its Wiggins.
:king:
User avatar
Dr Positivity
RealGM
Posts: 45,266
And1: 10,240
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
       

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#18 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:42 am

It's weird how much OKC's strategy has changed over the years from saving money and assets to being the team that will pay any lux tax and trade every pick. They went from Hinkie to Colangelo with the same GM.
Neeva
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,925
And1: 590
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#19 » by Neeva » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 am

Boneman2 wrote:What 'win now' piece can OKC get with the 21st pick? Highly unlikely.


Saric? He plays well in the playoffs.
Neeva
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,925
And1: 590
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#20 » by Neeva » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 am

Slava wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think people are looking at the wrong level of player tbh. What can 21+ some of PPat, Roberson, and Schroeder get you? I kind of like the idea of Wiggins, tbh. It'd possibly be the worst backfire in history, but 21+Schroeder+PPat+Nader for Wiggins could be interesting. A less risky target might be Bazemore, or even TJ Warren.


If there’s a player that ticks all the boxes for a presti target, its Wiggins.

Wiggins is always a monster playing at Chesapeake Energy Arena, not sure why but he just is lol.

Return to Trades and Transactions