WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#101 » by Dom801e » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:13 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Dom801e wrote:Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala for 21, Roberson, Patterson, and Grant.

Why on Earth is Golden State doing that. They're giving up by far the two best players in the deal (though Grant is a good player, just not on Green/Iggy level).

This is assuming Durant does not resign. In that case I don’t think GS will want to give an aging Green the max. This trade starts the retool and they could possibly go after AD the following summer.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#102 » by Norm2953 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 am

How can they make absolute moves when they are paying out $80 Million to PG and Westbrook?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#103 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:31 am

Norm2953 wrote:How can they make absolute moves when they are paying out $80 Million to PG and Westbrook?

I mean Portland is paying roughly the same for 2 inferior players. Once Lillard signs a Supermax that’ll be a disaster since Russ and PG are significantly better than Lillard and CJ together
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#104 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:50 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
I mean Portland is paying roughly the same for 2 inferior players. Once Lillard signs a Supermax that’ll be a disaster since Russ and PG are significantly better than Lillard and CJ together

I know this is off topic, but I feel like a CJ+Collins+Simmons+2020 1st for AD and then Turner+Leonard+25+2022 1st protected for Conley is kinda interesting. Lillard/Conley/Harkless/AD/Nurk with Hood off the bench may be able to make a run.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#105 » by kalenclayton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:30 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Dom801e wrote:Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala for 21, Roberson, Patterson, and Grant.

Why on Earth is Golden State doing that. They're giving up by far the two best players in the deal (though Grant is a good player, just not on Green/Iggy level).

Yeah it’s awful for GS. Maybe subtract Draymond and it might work better.
acheema0
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#106 » by acheema0 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:40 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:How can they make absolute moves when they are paying out $80 Million to PG and Westbrook?

2 inferior players? I think Lillard has definitely surpassed WB. He's been better the last 2 seasons (2017-18 is arguable but he was far better last year). They have also had more playoff success than the Thunder in that time span.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#107 » by Dom801e » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:52 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Yeah it’s awful for GS. Maybe subtract Draymond and it might work better.

I originally had Ferguson and Diallo as well but thought I was being too much of a GS homer and took them out.

Maybe that was actually closer.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,059

Post#108 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:41 pm

I think GS trading Iggy is probably a no go as well as he’s really the chemistry and locker room leader. I think if you deal him for pieces, you might see Klay more likely to look elsewhere as well as Dray and KD.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#109 » by Skin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:29 pm

OKC needs an additional scorer, spacer and ball handler like Fournier. Somebody make it happen
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#110 » by Andre Roberstan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:31 am

kalenclayton wrote:
the_process wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Personally id pull the trigger on Bogdan/Bjelica/40 for Adams/21 but does that really make sense for OKC? I don't really see anything else in OKC that id want.

Id do Bjelica/40 for Roberson/21 if I felt he would at least come back and be the defender he was, but I don't really see OKC moving off Adams.

IMO 21 with one of Schroder/Patterson/Roberson doesn't get Bogdan.

If OKC sees a way to re-sign Noel, then they should jump all over that deal.

I’m starting that Bogdan/Bjelica/40 for Adams/21 a mostly a win-win. I think the value is so close and both teams accomplish what they set out to do. I think that OKC could add a little more, but I wouldn’t be mad if this was the trade. Maybe switch the 40th pick the 47th? I really love this for OKC if Noel is re-signed like you suggested.

How do OKC fans perceive this? If there a favorite trade that they have to accomplish the “win now” idea?

I'm a fan of it. But I've been banging that drum for a minute.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,472

Post#111 » by jayjaysee » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:06 am

NYG wrote:
NYG wrote:Schroder for Felicio straight up?

I should elaborate... using the 125% rule, OKC can then trade 21 for a $10 Million player

I tried these during the season but it was shot down because If Chicago agrees to that - OKC could take Fel into their... Add in the less negative PPat or Rob if they are adding a max player. They can match Blake or Love and not force two-year negative money on Cle/Det

Or can just trade 21 for the best role player available under 19.8 mil and not have to attach Schro and devalue 21 completely.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#112 » by Pillendreher » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 am

Slava wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think people are looking at the wrong level of player tbh. What can 21+ some of PPat, Roberson, and Schroeder get you? I kind of like the idea of Wiggins, tbh. It'd possibly be the worst backfire in history, but 21+Schroeder+PPat+Nader for Wiggins could be interesting. A less risky target might be Bazemore, or even TJ Warren.

If there’s a player that ticks all the boxes for a presti target, its Wiggins.

Absolutely. Presti has been trying to fix players and turn "black sheep" into good players for years. Wiggins would be his ultimate challenge/task.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#113 » by Pillendreher » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:I said this two season ago they should find a third team that needs a center and move Adam's for Blake Griffin. A big 3 of Westbrook, George and Griffin(if they can keep him healthy) is OKC best chance to get back at title contenders.

What would Detroit do with Adams and Drummond tho?

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#114 » by Pillendreher » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 am

enzino wrote:Trade ID #7206356

To Memphis Grizzlies: Gordon Hayward, Dennis Schroder, Andre Roberson, #21 (OKC), #20 (BOS)
To Boston Celtics: Chandler Parsons, Steven Adams
To Oklahoma City Thunder: Mike Conley, Al Horford

I looked at the "To OKC" part and thought "What on earth are we giving up to get both those guys?!", but the more I think about it, the more I find this intriguing for all 3 teams. Although it is tough to say what Boston actually wants, so who knows.

Return to Trades and Transactions