Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,235

Re: Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread 

Post#1421 » by amcoolio » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Probably because Rozier will average 18/8/5 if he has his worst season and is also a plus defender. I think you all are underestimating the green light Rozier is about to have
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,322

Post#1422 » by Kurt Heimlich » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:05 pm

amcoolio wrote:Probably because Rozier will average 18/8/5 if he has his worst season and is also a plus defender. I think you all are underestimating the green light Rozier is about to have

Yeah a 18+ ppg raw stat would not surprise at all for Terry on that roster. The real nuts and bolts, as is almost always the case, will be in how the efficiency, real +/- and win share stats look.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,257

Post#1423 » by mademan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:05 pm

amcoolio wrote:Probably because Rozier will average 18/8/5 if he has his worst season and is also a plus defender. I think you all are underestimating the green light Rozier is about to have

...on 18 shots. And the only way he gets 8 assists is if he has a Harden-esque control of the ball throughout games
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#1424 » by pacers33granger » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:07 pm

I think we all expect him to average somewhere around 20 ppg since there's really no one else to even take shots. But 8 assists seems very generous. Per 36 he's never averaged more than 4.6 and is not a good passer.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,125

Post#1425 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:25 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Eskobar13
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#1426 » by Eskobar13 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 am

orlando_joe wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:
loserX wrote:Woj says Khem Birch is back in ORL, 2/$6M.

I mean I get why they'd do it for this cheap but man sure seems like they're not too confident on Bamba...

with 15 man thats 3 guys per pos..if vuc or mo get hurt need a 3rd guy? don't see it as anything to do with mo

yeah guess you're right. I just read it has it being that they have Mo as the 3rd string guy, but this was so cheap it doesn't mean that at all.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#1427 » by loserX » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Read on Twitter
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#1428 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:27 pm

loserX wrote:
Read on Twitter

Does this potentially signal a Capela move? Am I reading into this too much?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#1429 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:29 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
loserX wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nene replacement, I think
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#1430 » by Kilo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:29 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
loserX wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chandler is definitely a bench big at this stage of his career.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1431 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Kilo wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
loserX wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can dig that, but isn’t he still good for 20 minutes? He can’t play with Capela so that would mean that one of them is taking a minute cut (obviously Chandler).
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#1432 » by Kilo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Kilo wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Does this potentially signal a Capela move? Am I reading into this too much?

I can dig that, but isn’t he still good for 20 minutes? He can’t play with Capela so that would mean that one of them is taking a minute cut (obviously Chandler).

He played 16mpg for LAL last season - I figure he's more a 12-15mpg back-up at 37yrs old now.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,125

Post#1433 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:40 am

Kilo wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Kilo wrote:

He played 16mpg for LAL last season - I figure he's more a 12-15mpg back-up at 37yrs old now.
Well, he was on the court for 16 mpg last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#1434 » by loserX » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:36 am

Tyler Lydon to the Kings, 2 years.

I wondered if he'd be back at all, so good for him. Hopefully a fresh start does him some good.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#1435 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:46 am

loserX wrote:Tyler Lydon to the Kings, 2 years.

I wondered if he'd be back at all, so good for him. Hopefully a fresh start does him some good.

What kind of player is Lydon?
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#1436 » by becorz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:52 am

SD2042 wrote:

I mean, I can tell you what I can as a Kings fan who has been reading about him today.

Came into the league as a super athletic, three point shooting big man who needed to get more muscle and and showed limited defensive ability in college (especially since he played in a zone). But he did show potential as shot blocker. Drafted to a Nuggets team that was loaded at his position. In the G-league, shot 37% from three, averaged 13 points 8 rebounds in his two seasons. Played very little in the NBA. Last year he tore his meniscus, causing him to miss a ton of time.

It seems there were a number of teams after Lydon but he chose the Kings because they gave him partial guarantees each of the two years.

He has the skillset to make it in the NBA. I have a tough time seeing him getting much playing time with the Kings, who have Bagley, Giles, Dedmon, Bjelica, and Holmes in the big man rotation. But the team also really wants to find shooting, so they are giving him a try.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#1437 » by stitches » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Anybody know something about him? Have you guys watched him play?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#1438 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:58 pm

becorz wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

I mean, I can tell you what I can as a Kings fan who has been reading about him today.

Came into the league as a super athletic, three point shooting big man who needed to get more muscle and and showed limited defensive ability in college (especially since he played in a zone). But he did show potential as shot blocker. Drafted to a Nuggets team that was loaded at his position. In the G-league, shot 37% from three, averaged 13 points 8 rebounds in his two seasons. Played very little in the NBA. Last year he tore his meniscus, causing him to miss a ton of time.

It seems there were a number of teams after Lydon but he chose the Kings because they gave him partial guarantees each of the two years.

He has the skillset to make it in the NBA. I have a tough time seeing him getting much playing time with the Kings, who have Bagley, Giles, Dedmon, Bjelica, and Holmes in the big man rotation. But the team also really wants to find shooting, so they are giving him a try.

I'm remembering this guy from the Nuggets roster since you're mentioning it. He barely found time on their roster as well. Now that you mentioning the Kings roster, he'll be lucky to play five to six minutes a game unless one of these players were to slack up on their production or an injury occurs during the season. Good luck to the guy.
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#1439 » by basketbob » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Lydon has one skill which could become increasingly valuable as teams continue to expand the concept of spacing: He shoots a truly beautiful 35 footer with confidence. Unfortunately, he does nothing else with confidence and therefore disappears most of the time.
More free is better
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#1440 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 pm

basketbob wrote:Lydon has one skill which could become increasingly valuable as teams continue to expand the concept of spacing: He shoots a truly beautiful 35 footer with confidence. Unfortunately, he does nothing else with confidence and therefore disappears most of the time.

I’m wondering if they signed him to become the next Bjelica. If there is one thing that Bjelica does with tremendous confidence, it’s shooting those long balls like you say Lydon does. Bjelica also does some other stuff really well, but maybe Vlade thinks that mentor pairing could be huge.

Return to Trades and Transactions