Heat Sixers Miami gets a ⭐️

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,127

Re: Heat Sixers Miami gets a ⭐️ 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:43 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Here was my view on what was fair:

Waiters + Miami incentive to let’s say Atlanta

2nd rounder (and cash) to Philly

Butler to Miami.

If Miami needs more outgoing salary, just add more above to (Atlanta) and more incentive.

Basically, Miami might have to pay to dump salary but that is to dump salary. Philly should get almost nothing for Butler. The third team is added to make clear this distinction.
Assuming Whiteside opts in, if he hasn't already, the Heat need to clear $40M to offer Butler a max? The Nets need to renounce Russell and get someone to take one of their good role players. The Heat need to make it worth it for the Sixers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Oh,I'm not saying a sign and trade is easy for a team with a bunch of bad salary.

I am saying that a team should expect to get no more than a 2nd rounder for a free agent.
I mean the cost of dumping long-term money, or even short-term money ahead of free agency, doesn't change. If the Heat don't pay it to Philly, they still have to pay it to someone and no team is taking Waiters or JJ for a second. So the sweetener should really be on top of the cost of clearing that space, not instead of it.

If they won't part with J. Rich, then maybe Dragic, JJ and 13 works. But they'd have to add a real asset.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#22 » by gom » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:49 pm

I would trade Dragic, JJ, and #13 for Butler. I think Winslow/Butler/Richardson/Bam/Whiteside would be pretty good, but we're not likely to trade James Johnson unless there is a major change in our team philosophy.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,718

Post#23 » by the_process » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:23 pm

Dragic, Olynyk, and 13 for S&T Butler and 24 could also work IMO.
gom

Post#24 » by gom » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:44 pm

the_process wrote:Dragic, Olynyk, and 13 for S&T Butler and 24 could also work IMO.

I would do this trade if PHI added a SRP.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#25 » by Hoops23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:50 am

I think Butler will leave the Sixers for nothing by signing with the lakers.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:14 am

gom wrote:
the_process wrote:Dragic, Olynyk, and 13 for S&T Butler and 24 could also work IMO.

You'd do it without the second round pick. Second round picks don't stop deals like this from happening.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,201

Post#27 » by BBallFreak » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:10 am

jbk1234 wrote:
gom wrote:

You'd do it without the second round pick. Second round picks don't stop deals like this from happening.

Bit presumptuous to tell someone what they would or would not do. I wouldn't trade him without a second rounder, either. It's the principle of it...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:58 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
gom wrote:

Bit presumptuous to tell someone what they would or would not do. I wouldn't trade him without a second rounder, either. It's the principle of it...

Fine. The Heat would do it without the second round pick.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by BBallFreak » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:59 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:You'd do it without the second round pick. Second round picks don't stop deals like this from happening.

You're entitled to your opinion, but please don't present it as fact. You are guessing, unless you have a source you'd like to share.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,957

Post#30 » by Domejandro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:20 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Bit presumptuous to tell someone what they would or would not do. I wouldn't trade him without a second rounder, either. It's the principle of it...

You're entitled to your opinion, but please don't present it as fact. You are guessing, unless you have a source you'd like to share.

The trade is literally Goran Dragić, Kelly Olynyk, and #13 for Jimmy Butler and #24; I can confidently say Miami would be fine without receiving a Second Round Draft Pick in return there.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by BBallFreak » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Domejandro wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

The trade is literally Goran Dragić, Kelly Olynyk, and #13 for Jimmy Butler and #24; I can confidently say Miami would be fine without receiving a Second Round Draft Pick in return there.
Me too, probably. Not the point though.
gom

Post#32 » by gom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Signing Butler to a max deal is not that great of a plan.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#33 » by cool93 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm

BBallFreak wrote:No one is suggesting that Philly should take Waiters and James Johnson and be happy about it, but this is a HUGE overpay. This is what we'd offer for AD, not Jimmy Butler.

I think Hartford left out the fact that you might get Josh Richardson, Waiters, and our pick, but Waiters won't get taken away for a mere second rounder. That pick would go to the third team.

'm not saying that this offer for Butler is fair, but this offer for AD would be just laughable, even is you add all picks MIA has
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by BBallFreak » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:14 pm

cool93 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:No one is suggesting that Philly should take Waiters and James Johnson and be happy about it, but this is a HUGE overpay. This is what we'd offer for AD, not Jimmy Butler.

I think Hartford left out the fact that you might get Josh Richardson, Waiters, and our pick, but Waiters won't get taken away for a mere second rounder. That pick would go to the third team.

'm not saying that this offer for Butler is fair, but this offer for AD would be just laughable, even is you add all picks MIA has
I didn't say it would win, but it's the best Miami could offer, and it has a lot more value than Jimmy Butler.

Return to Trades and Transactions