3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, Mamba4Goat, HartfordWhalers, Andre Roberstan

BuzzCity
Pro Prospect
Posts: 798
And1: 320
Joined: Apr 21, 2014
 

3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#1 » by BuzzCity » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Hornets appear to be resigning Kemba long term...at least that’s what it’s looking like. I personally prefer a complete rebuild but whatever. Our current future looks bleak as ever. However, if we are committing to Kemba, it honestly doesn’t make sense to go with a youth movement around him. Especially given our track record with draft picks. So here are 3 trades I’d make to give him win now teammates.

Trade 1
#12, MKG, Marvin, Future 2nd for DeRozan

Spurs have been reportedly “open” to trading him. Maybe this isn’t enough, I dunno. But it gives them a lotto pick and 2 large expirings to flip or have contribute to the team.

Trade 2
Batum, 2nd for Wiggins

This trade has been talked about plenty of times on here...given Wiggins’ contract, some have argued that Batum is more valuable. However, Hornets throw in a 2nd to get the deal done.

Trade 3
Bridges, Biyombo for Love

I would never do this trade unless we had moves like trade 1 and 2 in place. I prefer Bridges potential over Love. However, if we are wanting to be competitive in Kemba’s prime, a move like this isn’t the craziest thing in the world. I know Cavs have said they’d like to keep Love, but I don’t see how they’d turn this down. Biyombo is a large expiring and Bridges would be a nice piece to place along Sexton in that rebuild.

C- Zeller/Willy
PF- Love
SF- Wiggins/Bacon
SG- DeRozan/Monk
PG- Kemba/Graham

This would be the best group of players that Kemba has played with. I think it would be very fun to watch. Do I think they’d win it all? Absolutely not. But if we are keeping Kemba, I’d rather see us have a chance at winning some in the playoffs then continuing to strike out in the draft. What’s the point of paying Kemba if we can’t even win a playoff series? Much less, make it to the playoffs.

***I thought about having Bridges going to Spurs and #12 going to the Cavs but I’m pretty sure I’ve already seen Cavs fans nix the idea of 12 for Love***
Revenged25
Rookie
Posts: 1,154
And1: 351
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#2 » by Revenged25 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:42 pm

And Cavs fans nix Bridges for Love.
BuzzCity
Pro Prospect
Posts: 798
And1: 320
Joined: Apr 21, 2014
 

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#3 » by BuzzCity » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Revenged25 wrote:And Cavs fans nix Bridges for Love.


But why would they? Love is a 4th option for the Hornets in this scenario. Yet Cavs are treating him like a 1st option which couldn’t be further from realistic.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 36,268
And1: 6,338
Joined: Feb 05, 2012

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#4 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:05 pm

yes
no
hellno
formerly BizGilwalker
Chinook
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,136
And1: 2,215
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
       

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#5 » by Chinook » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:06 pm

I think your DeRozan deal is fine. I'd strongly consider moving him for that package if a better one isn't available. Dunno if PATFO would though. I also don't know if the other teams would be willing to do their parts of your OP. Maybe if the Hornets work in a 36-for-29 swap (which I'd concede as a Spurs fan) and then adds 29 and maybe a protected first, they could add Love. Doubt they'd get Wiggins for anything that would make it worth it, though. He's not a good player, but he still has enough shine to discourage a move for Batum, who just isn't good and has no real hope of getting better.

Ideally for the Hornets, they can get the Spurs to do a 29/DeRozan for Batum/12/36 deal. Then they do expirings for Wiggins and 29/Raptors-style protected first/expirings for Love. It's possible, but it would be hard for me to accept as a Spurs fan, and the other teams could also reject the revised deals.
Revenged25
Rookie
Posts: 1,154
And1: 351
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#6 » by Revenged25 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:27 pm

BuzzCity wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:And Cavs fans nix Bridges for Love.


But why would they? Love is a 4th option for the Hornets in this scenario. Yet Cavs are treating him like a 1st option which couldn’t be further from realistic.


Because you're undervaluing Love for one. Then Love wants to be in Cleveland, when he's on the court our ball movement as well just overall play is vastly improved, and he sets a great example for the younger guys about being a professional. Oh did I mention he wants to be in Cleveland? If I didn't then, he wants to be in Cleveland.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,385
And1: 20,882
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:47 pm

BuzzCity wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:And Cavs fans nix Bridges for Love.


But why would they? Love is a 4th option for the Hornets in this scenario. Yet Cavs are treating him like a 1st option which couldn’t be further from realistic.
He'd still be the first option on the Cavs? I mean why do the Cavs care how Charlotte would use him?

Not for nothing, but you shouldn't trade for Love if that's what you intend on doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
User avatar
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
Posts: 11,206
And1: 3,095
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
   

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#8 » by amcoolio » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Yikes. Hell no. That team gets scored on relentlessly.
Image
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 856
And1: 74
Joined: Dec 27, 2007
 

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#9 » by OhioKingsFan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:16 pm

If CHA is open to trading Bridges I'll bet they could get a better return than Love.
Chinook
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,136
And1: 2,215
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
       

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#10 » by Chinook » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:12 am

This isn't the direction of the OP, but I am reluctant to make a new thread on this. What about:

12, Batum and Second(s) for Metu, Mills, Belinelli, Bertans and 19?

Charlotte saves like $10 Million in salary and gets two mid-sized expirings they can package with their own to pursue trades or play for 2020's free agency. Mills is a vet PG who can play the Parker role and provides spacing to a team that has a number of meh shooters on the roster.

SA moves up in the draft and consolidates their Beli/Bertans and guard situations. If they target Doumbouya with 12, they'd also have another French-speaking player to help the transition.

It's not a sexy trade, but it puts both clubs in better positions to attack the rest of the off-season.
bleeds_purple
Veteran
Posts: 2,803
And1: 1,442
Joined: May 22, 2014

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#11 » by bleeds_purple » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:08 am

No offense but that lineup is an abomination. On offense, DeRozan and Wiggins can't share the floor together especially when Kemba is gonna need the ball. On defense, you have 4 below average to mediocre defenders.
Rich4114
Head Coach
Posts: 6,832
And1: 637
Joined: Mar 11, 2004
Location: PA
   

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#12 » by Rich4114 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Sign me up for the first trade. Do not sign me up for the following two trades. Yuk. Really not a fan of Love at this stage due to that contract and his health concerns.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,385
And1: 20,882
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Chinook wrote:This isn't the direction of the OP, but I am reluctant to make a new thread on this. What about:

12, Batum and Second(s) for Metu, Mills, Belinelli, Bertans and 19?

Charlotte saves like $10 Million in salary and gets two mid-sized expirings they can package with their own to pursue trades or play for 2020's free agency. Mills is a vet PG who can play the Parker role and provides spacing to a team that has a number of meh shooters on the roster.

SA moves up in the draft and consolidates their Beli/Bertans and guard situations. If they target Doumbouya with 12, they'd also have another French-speaking player to help the transition.

It's not a sexy trade, but it puts both clubs in better positions to attack the rest of the off-season.
No one wants those players. There's a reason that fans of other teams never say yes when Spurs fans propose variations of that package. If you took out the picks, the Hornets might consider it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Rich4114
Head Coach
Posts: 6,832
And1: 637
Joined: Mar 11, 2004
Location: PA
   

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#14 » by Rich4114 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Batum probably looks a lot better on the Spurs. Than almost any other team, just because of their system and ball movement.
Chinook
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,136
And1: 2,215
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
       

Re: 3 Trades to help Kemba - SAS, MIN, CLE 

Post#15 » by Chinook » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:45 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Chinook wrote:This isn't the direction of the OP, but I am reluctant to make a new thread on this. What about:

12, Batum and Second(s) for Metu, Mills, Belinelli, Bertans and 19?

Charlotte saves like $10 Million in salary and gets two mid-sized expirings they can package with their own to pursue trades or play for 2020's free agency. Mills is a vet PG who can play the Parker role and provides spacing to a team that has a number of meh shooters on the roster.

SA moves up in the draft and consolidates their Beli/Bertans and guard situations. If they target Doumbouya with 12, they'd also have another French-speaking player to help the transition.

It's not a sexy trade, but it puts both clubs in better positions to attack the rest of the off-season.
No one wants those players. There's a reason that fans of other teams never say yes when Spurs fans propose variations of that package. If you took out the picks, the Hornets might consider it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Um, what are you even talking about? First, no one's ever proposed this trade as far as I know. Second, the last trade I know featuring those players did get a yes from the other team's fans, at least in terms of value (they didn't want to go in that direction until they saw how free agency played out). So you're wrong on both counts. Spurs fan(s) almost never suggest any trade on this board, so the suggestion that we're constantly proposing this package is sort of ludicrous.

YOU as an individual don't want this. YOU seem to think Batum on his contract isn't more negative than Mills, Bertans and Belinelli. That's fine. YOU can think what you want. But I don't think knocking $15 Million off Charlotte's 2020 salary bill is worthless, but Nic wasn't noticeably better than any of the three Spurs of consequence in this trade:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_select=Nicolas+Batum&y1=2019&player_id1=batumni01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Patty+Mills&player_id2_select=Patty+Mills&y2=2019&player_id2=millspa02&idx=players&player_id3_hint=Marco+Belinelli&player_id3_select=Marco+Belinelli&y3=2019&player_id3=belinma01&idx=players&player_id4_hint=Davis+Bertans&player_id4_select=Davis+Bertans&y4=2019&player_id4=bertada01&idx=players

So I don't get where your indignation is coming from. If I spammed the board over and over with threads trying to get rid of certain guys, that'd be one thing. But it's just a comment in a thread involving the Spurs and Hornets, and you're acting like you're at your wit's end about this.

Return to Trades and Transactions