Westbrook rumor thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Re: Westbrook rumor thread 

Post#101 » by Mich3006 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:11 am

bigmean wrote:Simple deal

Okc gets Goran dragic, justice winslow, bam adebayo kelly olynyk miami first unprotected, miami alters its first round proection that okc owns two second rounder and Milwaukee 2020 from boston

Boston gets andre roberson, steven adams

Miami gets Russell westbrook, guerschon yabusele patrick peterson

I think Adebayo could be a deal breaker. I really doubt the Heat will trade him.

Dragic, Winslow, Olynyk and a pick swap in 2025 + no protection for the 2021 pick should be the deal
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#102 » by gom » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:29 am

Ayatollah wrote:
bigmean wrote:Simple deal

Okc gets Goran dragic, justice winslow, bam adebayo kelly olynyk miami first unprotected, miami alters its first round proection that okc owns two second rounder and Milwaukee 2020 from boston

Boston gets andre roberson, steven adams

Miami gets Russell westbrook, guerschon yabusele patrick peterson

I think Adebayo could be a deal breaker. I really doubt the Heat will trade him.

Dragic, Winslow, Olynyk and a pick swap in 2025 + no protection for the 2021 pick should be the deal

The 2021 pick is already unprotected. I don't think Miami needs to send a pick to OKC for the benefit of paying Westbrook over $47m when he is 33 years old.

This trade works nicely:

http://tradenba.com/trades/SyGFP9-Wr

Winslow + James Johnson + Olynyk for Westbrook.

Miami keeps Dragic as backup point guard. Money works very well for Miami, and OKC can use Winslow in their rebuild. JJ and Olynyk contracts end in 6/2021, so they don't screw up the rebuild. I would prefer to swap out Olynyk for Waiters:

http://tradenba.com/trades/HkeOxVCxH

I think Olynyk is a better player for the Thunder and also doubt Waiters wants to go back to OKC a second time.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
cornchip
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#103 » by cornchip » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:03 am

I think the holdup for any Detroit-OKC deal (besides RW not wanting Detroit) is the Reggie Jackson situation. The only team that works is Phoenix to dump Jackson on. I could see:

Detroit gets: Russell Westbrook, Deonte Burton
Oklahoma City gets: Tyler Johnson (expiring), Langston Galloway (expiring), Thon Maker, Sekou Doumbouya, 2020 FRP unprotected, 2022 FRP lottery protected
Phoenix gets: Reggie Jackson, future Detroit SRP
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#104 » by Dn4sty » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:13 am

25centsandwich wrote:I think the holdup for any Detroit-OKC deal (besides RW not wanting Detroit) is the Reggie Jackson situation. The only team that works is Phoenix to dump Jackson on. I could see:

Oklahoma City gets: Tyler Johnson (expiring), Langston Galloway (expiring), Thon Maker, Sekou Doumbouya, 2020 FRP unprotected, 2022 FRP lottery protected

I also wonder if you could send Jackson to Minnesota and Teague to OKC with minor assets changing hands. Basically replace Phoenix with Minnesota as 3rd team
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#105 » by Pillendreher » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:43 am

K_chile22 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jscott wrote:Doesn’t sound like Minny wants him according to Lowe. MIA might literally be his only option outside of staying in OKC.

Lowe is a longtime hater, but OKC likely wouldn’t trade him to Minny as the idea is a team with a better chance than OKC to contend, which Minny is not
Oh Lord dont be like many Lakers fans' and woj
The only snarky comment Lowe hasn't made about Westbrook at this point is that he's Semaj Christon with an attitude (or maybe he'd hide his own opinion behind the ominous rival executive like he does sometimes).
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#106 » by darmani » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:39 am

25centsandwich wrote:I think the holdup for any Detroit-OKC deal (besides RW not wanting Detroit) is the Reggie Jackson situation. The only team that works is Phoenix to dump Jackson on. I could see:

Why the hell would the Suns want Reggie Jackson? We are very happy with Tyler Johnson and Rubio.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#107 » by A_dub06 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:25 am

Yeah nah, no thanks. Why would we give up 2 1st round picks and Sekou for the right to pick up the 3rd worst contract in the league? The reason he’s not already traded is because gm’s are obviously not wanting to part with their future for RW’s horrible contract. There’s already plenty of analysts saying that OKC should have to give up their pick to dump RW, this is such an overpay that makes zero sense.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,660

Post#108 » by orlando_joe » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:51 am

Stillwater wrote:Orlando could easily get Westbrook for Gordon/ Fournier(expiring)/ Okeke(redshirt rookie) and a future

sure but magic wont do that
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#109 » by Moses ShamMoses » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:18 am

How come I dont see any proposals where OKC is the team giving up assets and picks to move Westbrooks toxic contract?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using RealGM mobile app
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#110 » by gom » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:12 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:How come I dont see any proposals where OKC is the team giving up assets and picks to move Westbrooks toxic contract?

Wait for the hysteria to wear off and you will.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#111 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:54 pm

gom wrote:
Moses ShamMoses wrote:How come I dont see any proposals where OKC is the team giving up assets and picks to move Westbrooks toxic contract?

its a good point, but triple double machines dont really ever have negative value...you just have to have the right tools around them and nobody who does wants him so his vslue right now is nuetral.
i think they will end up sitting on him all season if thats all teams are offering is okc paying to move him...they aint doing that
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#112 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:55 pm

gom wrote:

its a good point, but triple double machines dont really ever have negative value...you just have to have the right tools around them and nobody who does wants him so his vslue right now is nuetral.
i think they will end up sitting on him all season if thats all teams are offering is okc paying to move him...they aint doing that
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,660

Post#113 » by orlando_joe » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:33 pm

Stillwater wrote:
gom wrote:

maybe? I am sure they really want to bottom out as fast as they can turn there pick this yr to as good as they can..keeping him and adams wont help with that
cornchip
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#114 » by cornchip » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:50 pm

A_dub06 wrote:

Yeah nah, no thanks. Why would we give up 2 1st round picks and Sekou for the right to pick up the 3rd worst contract in the league? The reason he’s not already traded is because gm’s are obviously not wanting to part with their future for RW’s horrible contract. There’s already plenty of analysts saying that OKC should have to give up their pick to dump RW, this is such an overpay that makes zero sense.

The cost of doing business. Is it an overpay? Perhaps but you going to almost have to overpay in order to get RW.

I would hate to give up Sekou too but he's likely a long way from contributing (although in 3 years, a SGA/Sekou combination could be terrifying for the league). In this scenario, you're giving up almost certainly 3 non-lottery prospects for an all-NBA player that is still productive and fits nicely next to your other all-NBA player.

Who knows how his contract will look in NBA's landscape in 4 years from now. Blake's contract went from "toxic" to "not so bad". It's a risk, but there are options.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#115 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:51 pm

Because there's no chance that's what actually happens.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#116 » by Moses ShamMoses » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:28 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Because there's no chance that's what actually happens.

I think it depends on when they trade him. This offseason? Yes they will require assets + picks. If they keep him around and he becomes a distraction or under-performs/declines (not out of the question at 31 since his game is based on elite athleticism), then they're looking at having to be the team to give up assets + picks to rid of him. Teams would be smart to take the wait and see approach with Westbrook to see if the price comes down.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#117 » by A_dub06 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:37 pm

25centsandwich wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:

The cost of doing business. Is it an overpay? Perhaps but you going to almost have to overpay in order to get RW.

I would hate to give up Sekou too but he's likely a long way from contributing (although in 3 years, a SGA/Sekou combination could be terrifying for the league). In this scenario, you're giving up almost certainly 3 non-lottery prospects for an all-NBA player that is still productive and fits nicely next to your other all-NBA player.

Who knows how his contract will look in NBA's landscape in 4 years from now. Blake's contract went from "toxic" to "not so bad". It's a risk, but there are options.

While RW’s heart and skill is never questioned, his style of play and contract is largely seen as a negative around the league. He doesn’t contribute to winning and he’s now chased away 2 other superstars. Do you not find it odd that after Russ won that MVP he was never again considered an actual MVP contender despite still averaging triple doubles? RW is selfish and constantly makes bone headed decisions due to his ego and low bball iq. Lillard killed Russ in the finals by getting into his head and making Russ think it was some kind of 1 on 1 match. Nobody is giving up 3 1st round picks for Westbrook, there’s simply no team willing to mortgage their future to take back that kind of contract and don’t play dumb EVERYONE knows that will be a bad contract in 4 years. RE relies on his athleticism that is already declining, and for the 2022-23 season at age 34 he will be paid $47m
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#118 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:44 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
gom wrote:

maybe? I am sure they really want to bottom out as fast as they can turn there pick this yr to as good as they can..keeping him and adams wont help with that

as fast as they pulled the trigger on the PG13 deal , one has to think they expect a lot more returning for Westbrook than whats being offered right now or a deal would have been done already, and just because Miami and Westbrook have mutual interest it is going to require some masterful negotiation by Riley given he has not equal value assets without giving up both core players in Winslow and BAM and probably Herro
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#119 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:54 pm

To Raptors: Wiggins + Dieng + Okogie + Wolves FFRP

To OKC: Ibaka + Teague + Wolves FFRP

To Wolves: Westbrook + Gallinari + Powell + Small Raptors Filler

Wolves go for it.

C: Towns
F: Gallinari
F: Covington
G: Powell or Culver (other is 6th man)
G: Westbrook
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#120 » by Karmaloop » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:54 pm

Because Westbrook isn't on a toxic contract. Overpaid? Probably, but he's certainly not toxic by any means. When you talk about toxic contracts, you're talking about guys like John Wall, Nic Batum, etc. who aren't producing despite getting paid. Westbrook is probably overpaid, but he's still producing and that's why Oklahoma City isn't giving up assets to move him.

Return to Trades and Transactions