OKC-Bos

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Re: OKC-Bos 

Post#21 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:56 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Adams isn't the perfect center for Boston, but I'm betting they'd adjust nicely. Roberson would definitely be a bench player for them, but he'd work out okay too - I think. No doubt Boston wants to keep Hayward for one more year, but they could afford to trade him. As strange as it sounds, Langford might be worth more to Boston. Sure he's an unproven rookie but he plays a role that they don't really have another player quite like him. So the question becomes, how good is he? The Milwaukee pick isn't as valuable as many believe (probably because Ainge has been busy valuing picks :wink: ).

OKC wants picks but Milwaukee's pick is probably of less value than Langford. Hayward would be a nice leader for a rebuilding team.

I actually like this trade for both teams - but no doubt both teams will find reasons to not like it. :lol:

I think everyone values it as a bottom 5 FRP. I think what Celtics fans are arguing isnt that the pick is valuable— its that the difference in value between Adams and Hayward isnt that significant [such as to warrant a recent lottery pick], especially when 10M in dead salary is included.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,357

Post#22 » by pipfan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:48 pm

The Milw pick is probably a late 1st, but you never know. What if Freak goes down-they could easily slip in the East (East will be less top heavy and deeper).

Bos fans would LOVE Adams, and they could really use some muscle. How about Hayward, Milw pick, RWilliams for Adams/Patterson?
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#23 » by Spin Move » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:44 pm

pipfan wrote:The Milw pick is probably a late 1st, but you never know. What if Freak goes down-they could easily slip in the East (East will be less top heavy and deeper).

Bos fans would LOVE Adams, and they could really use some muscle. How about Hayward, Milw pick, RWilliams for Adams/Patterson?

Not that interested really, Hayward has value to us, and we drafted a Kid in Robert Williams last year who is an Adams type rebounder and can fill a similer role, A Kevin Love who can defend is what we are looking for , IE a big who can rebound, defend and spread the floor, now there are not many of those around (KAT, AD etc) but Adams is not really a great fit on offense and cheap defensive bigs can be found easily. Adams contact will not be drawing extra first back from a team like Boston. He doesn't make them better then Philly, they are better of saving the assets for a real difference maker. Adams is the wrong type of big for our system even though I think he is a good player, but he got overpaid so no, we are not interested in your proposed trade.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#24 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Spin Move wrote:
pipfan wrote:The Milw pick is probably a late 1st, but you never know. What if Freak goes down-they could easily slip in the East (East will be less top heavy and deeper).

Not that interested really, Hayward has value to us, and we drafted a Kid in Robert Williams last year who is an Adams type rebounder and can fill a similer role, A Kevin Love who can defend is what we are looking for , IE a big who can rebound, defend and spread the floor, now there are not many of those around (KAT, AD etc) but Adams is not really a great fit on offense and cheap defensive bigs can be found easily. Adams contact will not be drawing extra first back from a team like Boston. He doesn't make them better then Philly, they are better of saving the assets for a real difference maker. Adams is the wrong type of big for our system even though I think he is a good player, but he got overpaid so no, we are not interested in your proposed trade.

Danny??
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?

Return to Trades and Transactions