OKC Nuggets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,616

Re: OKC Nuggets 

Post#21 » by nomansland » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:52 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Coeur wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:If we’re taking Barton I’m looking for a 1st, Juancho, and Bol

Barton isn’t a bad contract. I doubt your team has enough trade capital for the 4 positive value pieces you’re listing.

Barton got listed as a bad contract because the Nugs are super deep and have 3 guys at the 2/3 coming up for new contracts next year.

Don’t worry about what you’d need to be paid to take Barton. If you’re looking for a bad deal that someone wants to pay out of there are tons of them

That is not why Barton got listed at a bad contract. Barton got listed as a bad contract because he was really inefficient last season and still took 10 shots a game. He's a 28-year old journeyman who is scheduled to make $15M in 2021-22, a year when teams don't want salary on the books. It has nothing to do with Denver's depth.

In fairness he was hurt even when he was playing. I expect him to be better this year.

The main reason I'd like to trade him is he's not a great fit with the Nuggets offense, especially as a starter. He's still a good player though.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#22 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:55 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Coeur wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:If we’re taking Barton I’m looking for a 1st, Juancho, and Bol

Barton isn’t a bad contract. I doubt your team has enough trade capital for the 4 positive value pieces you’re listing.

Barton got listed as a bad contract because the Nugs are super deep and have 3 guys at the 2/3 coming up for new contracts next year.

Don’t worry about what you’d need to be paid to take Barton. If you’re looking for a bad deal that someone wants to pay out of there are tons of them

That is not why Barton got listed at a bad contract. Barton got listed as a bad contract because he was really inefficient last season and still took 10 shots a game. He's a 28-year old journeyman who is scheduled to make $15M in 2021-22, a year when teams don't want salary on the books. It has nothing to do with Denver's depth.

Well for a team like the cavs he’d be fine taking 15 shots a game scoring 18
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Coeur wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Coeur wrote:Barton isn’t a bad contract. I doubt your team has enough trade capital for the 4 positive value pieces you’re listing.

You just described Clarkson who had a better TS% than Barton last year and is on the last year of his deal.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:12 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Coeur wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

You just described Clarkson who had a better TS% than Barton last year and is on the last year of his deal.
bartons way better than Clarkson
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,549

Post#25 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:17 pm

STOP USING BOL AS A THROW IN!!!
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 pm

BadWolf wrote:Gallo doesn't need to be a short term piece, you get bird rights and can sign him longterm, something you'd need cap space for.

If we wanted Gallo longterm we wouldnt have let him go when he was in his prime. Why would we want him now when he is 32 with a considerable injury history and with a glut of PFs on the roster. And no he is NOT a SF.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,095

Post#27 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Alatan wrote:
BadWolf wrote:Gallo doesn't need to be a short term piece, you get bird rights and can sign him longterm, something you'd need cap space for.

If we wanted Gallo longterm we wouldnt have let him go when he was in his prime. Why would we want him now when he is 32 with a considerable injury history and with a glut of PFs on the roster. And no he is NOT a SF.

Last year was the best year of his career PER and 3 point percentage wise and he took the Clips to the playoffs as their best player. He's also only 30. And the whole we would have kept him thing is never a good argument.

He's an injury risk, but he's also a borderline all star. That's the only reason he's even available for a 1st.

I'd rather play Gallo out of position at the 3 than Barton, who is out of position and not very good.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#28 » by BadWolf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Bol has no value around the league.

Are you asking why a contending team would want a 20 ppg stretch forward?
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:42 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Alatan wrote:

Last year was the best year of his career PER and 3 point percentage wise and he took the Clips to the playoffs as their best player. He's also only 30. And the whole we would have kept him thing is never a good argument.

He's an injury risk, but he's also a borderline all star. That's the only reason he's even available for a 1st.

I'd rather play Gallo out of position at the 3 than Barton, who is out of position and not very good.

Gallinari will be 31 before the start of the season. Typical age at witch players start to massively decline is 32 so he maybe has one more good year before wanting another bloated contract. That is if he doesnt get hurt in the meantime.

Do you know whats even better than than having Gallo instead of Barton at the 3? Having neither one of them at the 3.

We can play Craig/Grant/someone else untill we find a long term solution. 31 year old, injury prone Gallinari on his last year, playing out of position is not a long term solution. Thanks but no thanks.
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:44 pm

BadWolf wrote:Bol has no value around the league.

He might have the worst value of all known players. WE ARE NOT TRADING HIM. If you dont think he has value dont use him as a throw in in trades.

We dont need Galinari. We dont want Galinari. There is more to basketball than how much PPG a player has on his stats sheet.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Alatan wrote:

He might have the worst value of all known players. WE ARE NOT TRADING HIM. If you dont think he has value dont use him as a throw in in trades.

We dont need Galinari. We dont want Galinari. There is more to basketball than how much PPG a player has on his stats sheet.

True on both parts. The Nugs targeted and got the exact forward from that very team they wanted in grant. It’s grant and millsap with wanting to see mpj, Vanderbilt, and cancar
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,616

Post#32 » by nomansland » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Alatan wrote:

Speak for yourself. I'd gladly take Gallo back on the team if the trade was right.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#33 » by Karmaloop » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Coeur wrote:Ridiculous statement

Why do something like that just to avoid answering a question? Are you certain he is traded? You you understand his track record of being injured?

Or are you saying expiring guys like this never get bought out once their team is lottery bound?

Explain something other than your inability to deal with numbers

Because one of two things happen. Either he gets dealt to a playoff contender down the stretch for some future value (i.e. future FRP) or he's used as part of a long-term salary dump where the Thunder get long-term value out of it. I could easily see Houston offering Eric Gordon and a FRP for him. I could see Miami trying to shed James Johnson and Dion Waiters in a deadline deal for Gallinari. Legitimate players don't get bought out.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by Coeur » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 am

nomansland wrote:
Alatan wrote:

Speak for yourself. I'd gladly take Gallo back on the team if the trade was right.

It prob works out that way but you are completely leaving out another possibility. The second training camp starts you run the risk of him not being able to be traded due to injury.

So it’s a guaranteed you get value? Why? Trades don’t always happen.

I shouldn’t have focused on the numbers and % part. You are prob right. Just nowhere near those %

Return to Trades and Transactions