Will Barton is in his prime and all the good Nugs Trades

Moderators: Trader_Joe, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, loserX, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 8,608

Re: Will Barton is in his prime and all the good Nugs Trades 

Post#21 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:35 am

Coeur wrote:Holding will Barton back suck. Post some trades for Millsap, GARY HARRIS and I guess Malik Beasley and Hernangomez Trades?

I’m not saying Will Barton is un tradeable. He might have to be. Because of the salary matching But you’ll have to pay big for him.

•d’Angelo to the Magic
-Gary Harris and Fournier —> Warriors
- Gordon —> Nugs

•d’Angelo to the Wolves with Millsap
-Gary Harris and Covington —> GS
- Wiggins, Layman, Okogie or nowell and picks -> Nugs

*** it starts there w Russell. Curry will get the **** beat out of him and won’t last till Klay gets back with this backcourt they have right now. These are the 2 perfect packages and the 2 perfect teams to want Russell bad. One has to happen

I’ve got some more great trades

I wouldn't hate it if GS make either of these trades mid season. I doubt they would, but things change quickly in the NBA.
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
Timmyyy
Junior
And1: 292

Post#22 » by Timmyyy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:56 am

Barton was one of the biggest negatives in the league by +/- based metrics this year. Last year he wasn't all that impactful either but he was a good bench piece. As Nuggets fans we have to accept that and dreaming about how we will get positive assets for him is not realistic, like at all. With 14 m per year he would not be a positive even if he gets back to his 18 self.

This process should actually be pretty familiar to any Nuggets fan. We pay a solid player a little too much money long term and he declines. We sit out his contract entirely or pay to ship his last year of the contract. Faried, chandler and gallo.
I don't understand how the Nuggets fans complain so much about Barton on the Nuggets board (rightfully so) but here can't admit that he is a clear negative. You don't have to sell something to the TnT board crowd.

To the op. If we really sell high impact guys like Gary Harris and Paul Millsap and acquire low impact guys like wiggins, we are about to make the biggest unnecessary step backwards in the history of the nba. I seriously think we wouldn't make the playoffs then. No need to talk bout the fact that with wiggins contract we would destroy any financial flexibility we have left.
Aaron Gordon would of course be nice, but even he isn't as impactful as millsap is now, although it could at least pay off for the future.

Nice to know that OP isn't in charge of the Nuggets.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using RealGM mobile app
Coeur
Analyst
And1: 466

Post#23 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:10 am

Timmyyy wrote:Barton was one of the biggest negatives in the league by +/- based metrics this year. Last year he wasn't all that impactful either but he was a good bench piece. As Nuggets fans we have to accept that and dreaming about how we will get positive assets for him is not realistic, like at all. With 14 m per year he would not be a positive even if he gets back to his 18 self.

This process should actually be pretty familiar to any Nuggets fan. We pay a solid player a little too much money long term and he declines. We sit out his contract entirely or pay to ship his last year of the contract. Faried, chandler and gallo.
I don't understand how the Nuggets fans complain so much about Barton on the Nuggets board (rightfully so) but here can't admit that he is a clear negative. You don't have to sell something to the TnT board crowd.

To the op. If we really sell high impact guys like Gary Harris and Paul Millsap and acquire low impact guys like wiggins, we are about to make the biggest unnecessary step backwards in the history of the nba. I seriously think we wouldn't make the playoffs then. No need to talk bout the fact that with wiggins contract we would destroy any financial flexibility we have left.
Aaron Gordon would of course be nice, but even he isn't as impactful as millsap is now, although it could at least pay off for the future.

See you get on a roll. Good writer smart guy. But then Millsap Is more impactful than Aaron Gordon? When you follow that with taking a shot at my evaluations or projections it doesn't make sense.
Timmyyy
Junior

Post#24 » by Timmyyy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:26 am

Coeur wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:Barton was one of the biggest negatives in the league by +/- based metrics this year. Last year he wasn't all that impactful either but he was a good bench piece. As Nuggets fans we have to accept that and dreaming about how we will get positive assets for him is not realistic, like at all. With 14 m per year he would not be a positive even if he gets back to his 18 self.

See you get on a roll. Good writer smart guy. But then Millsap Is more impactful than Aaron Gordon? When you follow that with taking a shot at my evaluations or projections it doesn't make sense.
Clearly better in RPM and RAPM. Millsap plays fewer minutes so that makes it closer, but the gap is large enough. But since you think Wiggins is good, i don't think you know what RPM and RAPM even is.
But its also visible on the floor. Millsap is way smarter on offense and defense. Nearly never makes mistakes. Better post player, better passer, better defender. Aaron has a lot of great tools and skills but his smarts are lacking compared to millsap, hence millsap is more effective.

But hey boxscore stats...

Coeur
Analyst
And1: 466

Post#25 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:22 am

Timmyyy wrote:
Coeur wrote:

Clearly better in RPM and RAPM. Millsap plays fewer minutes so that makes it closer, but the gap is large enough. But since you think Wiggins is good, i don't think you know what RPM and RAPM even is.
But its also visible on the floor. Millsap is way smarter on offense and defense. Nearly never makes mistakes. Better post player, better passer, better defender. Aaron has a lot of great tools and skills but his smarts are lacking compared to millsap, hence millsap is more effective.

Production = ability + opportunity

You’re acting like the opportunity doesn’t matter. Seems like you’re going to straight line production regardless of the situation
Timmyyy
Junior

Post#26 » by Timmyyy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:43 am

Coeur wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:
Coeur wrote:See you get on a roll. Good writer smart guy. But then Millsap Is more impactful than Aaron Gordon? When you follow that with taking a shot at my evaluations or projections it doesn't make sense.

Production = ability + opportunity

You’re acting like the opportunity doesn’t matter. Seems like you’re going to straight line production regardless of the situation

Omg I can't hear it anymore. You used that stuff for Wiggins already, so it seems you seriously think players that already were bad in multiple environment magically can become good players when the environment changes the 10th time. So don't act as if I wouldn't account for that. You just use it way to often as you think bad players can become good players just by wearing a nuggets uniform.

In Gordon's case I would even agree that offensively he would improve because his life would be a lot easier with Jokic. But defensively we need an anchor at PF and he would not all of a sudden become that great defensive anchor over night because of 'opportunity' (even though he is a good defender overall as a complimentary defender). Also, he won't magically become a smarter player because of 'opportunity'.
Compared to Millsap we would lose a go to option in the post, our defensive anchor, the smarts on both ends and experience.

But sure let's gamble on players becoming something completely different to what they are now.

I want to repeat that I think Gordon would be nice for us for the time after Millsap, although I don't see a way to facilitate a trade that helps both sides. But when you switch them now we get worse for sure.

Return to Trades and Transactions