Memphis go for Beal

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Memphis to offer 4 first-found picks (ST for details) and expirings for Beal

1. Memphis won
33%
2. Memphis slightly won
17%
3. Fair
6%
4. Washington slightly won
No votes
5. Washington won
11%
6. This offer doesn`t make any sense.
33%

Total votes: 18

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: Memphis go for Beal 

Post#21 » by BullyKing » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:45 pm

E S V L wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
E S V L wrote:
Morant and Jaren Jackson

We all understood who you were referring to. It's that you already consider them stars is what people are objecting to.

Hm. Nobody here inquires people`s opinion regarding Morant and JJJ. Memphis consider them as stars and, therefore, intend to build the team around them. They are not on the market then.

The subject matter is 4 FRPs for Beal.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The subject matter here is an offer of 2 protected 1sts for Beal.

Of course Memphis should be building around Morant and JJJ. But the idea that either they or you already consider them to be stars as opposed to simply high ceiling prospects is ludicrous.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#22 » by E S V L » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:46 pm

sorry for hurting your feelings guys :banghead:
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst

Post#23 » by E S V L » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:47 pm

BullyKing wrote:I'm not sure what you're talking about. The subject matter here is an offer of 2 protected 1sts for Beal.

I added 2 FRPs later on. I have changed the SP. Now it includes 3 unprotected FRPs:

- unprotected Memphis 1st 2020 or 2021 (whatever left after Boston)
- 1st from Utah (first round pick protected top 7, #15-30 in 2020-21, top 6 in 2022, top 3 in 2023, top 1 in 2024, else 2025 second round pick, 2026 second round pick)
- unprotected Memphis 1st 2023
- slightly protected GSW 1st (protected top 4 in 2024, top 1 in 2025, unprotected in 2026)
- expirings
FK NFL
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#24 » by BullyKing » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:55 pm

E S V L wrote:sorry for hurting your feelings guys :banghead:

You have not hurt anyone's feelings. You posted a trade idea. Pretty much every single person had the same feedback: 1. It's too soon to know Memphis has in Morant and JJJ so too early to make a big splash trade around them. 2. The original offer was sufficient.

Is there a different way that people can express their opinions that does not seem like hurt feelings to you?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#25 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:56 pm

BullyKing wrote:So Iggy is worth one 1st and Beal is only worth 2?

Low ball offer aside, seems just a tad early to be looking for a "third" star in Memphis.

Id say if teams thought Iggy was worth a first, the deal would already be done. Obviously nobody values him that way which is why hes still in Memphis.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#26 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:56 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:It would have to be Clarke (after summer league performance) + 3 1sts to get Washington to start considering it.

Sept 4th:

Iguodala + Clarke + Jackson + 2020 Utah 1st (will likely defer in 2022) + 2023 Memphis 1st (Top 5 protected or 2nds) + 2024 Golden State 1st
for
Beal + Jones + McRae

The Wizards just passed on Clarke for his teammate Hachimura in the draft. They likely play the same position in the league. Clarke isn't enough.

By no means do Wizards have to keep Clarke as they can flip him for a 1st.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#27 » by E S V L » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:08 pm

BullyKing wrote:
E S V L wrote:sorry for hurting your feelings guys :banghead:

You have not hurt anyone's feelings. You posted a trade idea. Pretty much every single person had the same feedback: 1. It's too soon to know Memphis has in Morant and JJJ so too early to make a big splash trade around them. 2. The original offer was sufficient.

Is there a different way that people can express their opinions that does not seem like hurt feelings to you?

You are right but some comments sounded to me like people feel offended :banghead: In addition, I am trying to be polite and friendly :roll:

1. Take your time :nod:
2. OK
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst

Post#28 » by E S V L » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:30 pm

BullyKing wrote:So Iggy is worth one 1st and Beal is only worth 2?

Low ball offer aside, seems just a tad early to be looking for a "third" star in Memphis.

The price for Iggy is a very late 1st, whereas my offer for Beal consists of 2 unprotected 1st and 2 that may end up unprotected 1st.
FK NFL
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#29 » by TheNewEra » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:36 pm

This deal can definitely be done with Morant or JJJ. Hell if the Grizz want to be bold they can take Wall tell him to sit at home until a deal comes up to dump him
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#30 » by TheNewEra » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Dat2U wrote:I love to send Beal for Memphis but either Jackson or Morant MUST to be a part of a deal. Memphis doesn't have the assets otherwise.

With the amount of picks and prospects Memphis have I just can’t see this being true. Maybe with the help of a third team but they have a strong war chest of assets
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,963

Post#31 » by wolves_89 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 pm

I don't really get why Memphis would be going after Beal. With all their youth the Grizzlies aren't close to competing for the playoffs even if they added him. Beal is also only under contract for 2 more seasons at which point there is a strong chance he would leave for a bigger market and a team closer to contention.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,829

Post#32 » by giberish » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Memphis can't trade their own 1st until 2022. Even that would be dependent on giving Boston their pick in 2020 (or working in some complicated contingencies with Utah's pick). Between the delay for getting a pick and the expected quality of Memphis going forward their picks sent to Washington wouldn't have much value.

Not all 1sts are created equal. One high lotto pick is worth more then 4 likely late 1sts (would Memphis have traded Ja for a package of 4 late 1sts?). If you're trading for a star you need a lead asset to headline the deal.

Also, if you can't sell winning then sell hope. If Washington trades Beal they'll want a prospect or two in-hand to sell as future hope for next season. EC filler + picks that probably won't come until 2022 or later just isn't going to fly.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#33 » by Dat2U » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:16 am

TheNewEra wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I love to send Beal for Memphis but either Jackson or Morant MUST to be a part of a deal. Memphis doesn't have the assets otherwise.

With the amount of picks and prospects Memphis have I just can’t see this being true. Maybe with the help of a third team but they have a strong war chest of assets

A bunch of future picks from a likely good team doesn't get you an ascending all-star, likely the best asset in the league that "potentially" may be available.

There needs to be good young talent in the trade as well.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#34 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:06 am

Morant, Clarke, JJJ and the best 3-4 and least unprotected picks they have plus a couple of seconds.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#35 » by BullyKing » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 am

gambitx777 wrote:Morant, Clarke, JJJ and the best 3-4 and least unprotected picks they have plus a couple of seconds.

Oh boy are you in store for a disappointment eventually
NYSixersFan wrote:
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#36 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:15 am

I'd rather let the man walk for nothing that take a **** deal. Who's the more valuable player on the trade market right now??? No one. If the wiz opened up shop right now they could name their price and most teams would pay it. I personally don't think the grizz should pay for Brad, they arnt close to winning and they don't have another star to pair him with. But if the grizz want beal, and they say two roomies who haven't played a game yet are off the table, for Bradley Beal . Cool, have a nice day.because the wizards don't need to move Beal any time soon, and will get better offers else where.
BullyKing wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Morant, Clarke, JJJ and the best 3-4 and least unprotected picks they have plus a couple of seconds.

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#37 » by BullyKing » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:17 am

gambitx777 wrote:I'd rather let the man walk for nothing that take a **** deal. Who's the more valuable player on the trade market right now??? No one. If the wiz opened up shop right now they could name their price and most teams would pay it. I personally don't think the grizz should pay for Brad, they arnt close to winning and they don't have another star to pair him with. But if the grizz want beal, and they say two roomies who haven't played a game yet are off the table, for Bradley Beal . Cool, have a nice day.
BullyKing wrote:

Ok, let him walk for nothing. That'll show him?
NYSixersFan wrote:
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#38 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 am

TheNewEra wrote:

What picks ? Their next pick belongs to Boston if I'm not mistaken

Memphis only blue chip assets are JJJ and Morant
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#39 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:33 am

Show who? Brad, the 25 yeah old all star who's getting better and has given every indication to the wizards that he wants to be on that team with that organization. Bradly Beal will not be moved unless he asks to be moved and he hasn't done that yet. There is a real chance he signs an extension. So if a team.wants to get him right now. It will be at a premium.could his value drop later sure. But you don't put a discount on fresh bread. You wait, then lower your price if you have to sell it. Right now the wiz don't have to sell anything.
BullyKing wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I'd rather let the man walk for nothing that take a **** deal. Who's the more valuable player on the trade market right now??? No one. If the wiz opened up shop right now they could name their price and most teams would pay it. I personally don't think the grizz should pay for Brad, they arnt close to winning and they don't have another star to pair him with. But if the grizz want beal, and they say two roomies who haven't played a game yet are off the table, for Bradley Beal . Cool, have a nice day.
BullyKing wrote:

Ok, let him walk for nothing. That'll show him?

TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#40 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:35 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

What picks ? Their next pick belongs to Boston if I'm not mistaken

Memphis only blue chip assets are JJJ and Morant

Clarke, Brooks, Anderson, Josh Jackson, Allen and future picks beyond the one they own is a nice building block for a team to rebuild on

Return to Trades and Transactions