POR/CLE: Oregon Still Loves Kevin

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Re: POR/CLE: Oregon Still Loves Kevin 

Post#41 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:17 pm

I like the concept of these two teams as trade partners. What about a more rebalancing for both team...

Love + LNJ + Henson (or Delly) + Sexton

For

Collins + Little + Whiteside + Bazemore

Blazers get all kinds of F/C depth to absorb the Nurkic injury. When he comes back, who of LNJ and Love is long term plan with Nurkic and core? Sexton becomes Lillard's protege off the bench.

Cavs trade one of their PG's for prospect at PF/C and SF.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#42 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:27 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:I like the concept of these two teams as trade partners. What about a more rebalancing for both team...

For

Blazers get all kinds of F/C depth to absorb the Nurkic injury. When he comes back, who of LNJ and Love is long term plan with Nurkic and core? Sexton becomes Lillard's protege off the bench.

I don't know why people think Sexton is available at all, let alone available in this type of trade.

Nance isn't available.

If the Blazers don't want to offer value for Love, that's perfectly fine. The Cavs are happy to keep him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#43 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:03 am

jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:I like the concept of these two teams as trade partners. What about a more rebalancing for both team...

For

I don't know why people think Sexton is available at all, let alone available in this type of trade.

Nance isn't available.

If the Blazers don't want to offer value for Love, that's perfectly fine. The Cavs are happy to keep him.

Hmmm so this board is only for discussing players you see as available?

Is there a RGM list?

And just curious, was Paul George on that list prior to him being traded? Confirming how well that list can see in the future...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:15 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

For

Nance isn't available.

Is there a RGM list?

And just curious, was Paul George on that list prior to him being traded? Confirming how well that list can see in the future...
The Cavs ate Clarkson's deal and gave up a first to get Nance. The signed him to a very reasonable extension the first chance they got. He played well and had the best advanced numbers on the team last year.

Sexton was selected No. 8 overall, shot 40% from 3 in the second half of the season, and made second team all rookie team.

Although the Cavs are rebuilding and loathe to trade their young guys, I suppose they're both technically *available.* Do you really think either player would be available in the type of trade you just posted?

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#45 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 am

jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I don't know why people think Sexton is available at all, let alone available in this type of trade.

Nance isn't available.

Is there a RGM list?

The Cavs ate Clarkson's deal and gave up a first to get Nance. The signed him to a very reasonable extension the first chance they got. He played well and had the best advanced numbers on the team last year.

Sexton was selected No. 8 overall, shot 40% from 3 in the second half of the season, and made second team all rookie team.

Although the Cavs are rebuilding and loathe to trade their young guys, I suppose they're both technically *available.* Do you really think either player would be available in the type of trade you just posted?

Absolutely yes.

Because I am sure some Blazer fan can come in here and say how much they love their youth players, quote some stats, and make there case why they shouldn't do it.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#46 » by Revenged25 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:19 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Hmmm so this board is only for discussing players you see as available?

Is there a RGM list?

Absolutely yes.

Because I am sure some Blazer fan can come in here and say how much they love their youth players, quote some stats, and make there case why they shouldn't do it.

Pretty sure quoting the stats of the Cavs young players would still trump the PDX young players... just saying.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#47 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:22 am

Revenged25 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:The Cavs ate Clarkson's deal and gave up a first to get Nance. The signed him to a very reasonable extension the first chance they got. He played well and had the best advanced numbers on the team last year.

Absolutely yes.

Pretty sure quoting the stats of the Cavs young players would still trump the PDX young players... just saying.

Dont be so sure, stats can be spun how ever one likes.

But to take that as my point (as if I was saying Blaz youth actually had better stats or worth more in trade). My point was everyone loves their guys -- until they dont.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Hmmm so this board is only for discussing players you see as available?

Is there a RGM list?

Absolutely yes.

Except the Blazers aren't rebuilding so the incentives aren't the same. If the Cavs have to add prospects to trade Love for actual value, they'll, you know, just not trade Love.

Also, the Cavs had the opportunity to draft Little at 24 and went with Windler instead.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#49 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:25 am

jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:The Cavs ate Clarkson's deal and gave up a first to get Nance. The signed him to a very reasonable extension the first chance they got. He played well and had the best advanced numbers on the team last year.

Absolutely yes.

Except the Blazers aren't rebuilding so the incentives aren't the same. If the Cavs have to add prospects to trade Love for actual value, they'll, you know, just not trade Love.

Also, the Cavs had the opportunity to draft Little at 24 and went with Windler instead.

They aren't trading Windler for Little here -- they are getting luxury of having both.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Absolutely yes.

They aren't trading Windler for Little here -- they are getting luxury of having both.
I give up.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#51 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 am

jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Absolutely yes.

I know your valuation of Love is a lot higher than mine. I think his value goes for playable expiring contract(s). If Cavs want more and are fine holding out -- that is fine too. Most likely the route they go. That is their bet -- does he stay healthy and play well and raise his value? Or does he go other direction in which his bloated contract makes his value look worse. It will be interesting to find out.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,400

Post#52 » by Blazinaway » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 am

can we just put this thread out of its misery?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#53 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:31 am

jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Except the Blazers aren't rebuilding so the incentives aren't the same. If the Cavs have to add prospects to trade Love for actual value, they'll, you know, just not trade Love.

I give up.

Your comment made no sense. Do you think because the Cavs had one pick at 24 and passed on Little means he has no value to them? Your comment had no context!

Would Cavs do Sexton for Collins and Little? That is the youth value debate here.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:34 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:They aren't trading Windler for Little here -- they are getting luxury of having both.
I give up.

Your comment made no sense. Do you think because the Cavs had one pick at 24 and passed on Little means he has no value to them? Your comment had no context!

Would Cavs do Sexton for Collins and Little? That is the youth value debate here.
No it's would the Cavs do Love, Nance and Sexton for Collins, Little and Whiteside. They would not. There's really no rational argument as to why they should.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#55 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 am

jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I give up.

No it's would the Cavs do Love, Nance and Sexton for Collins, Little and Whiteside. They would not. There's really no rational argument as to why they should.

That is the whole trade. But then you went the route of discussing the youth as the pinnacle parts.

Wow you are like Sybil here.

I give up.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#56 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:37 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Your comment made no sense. Do you think because the Cavs had one pick at 24 and passed on Little means he has no value to them? Your comment had no context!

That is the whole trade. But then you went the route of discussing the youth as the pinnacle parts.

Wow you are like Sybil here.

I give up.

And to add in effort of full disclosure and being exactly accurate (the route you were going), you left out Bazemore *and Henson or Delly (can't forget them) :lol:
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#57 » by Revenged25 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:42 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Absolutely yes.

But to take that as my point (as if I was saying Blaz youth actually had better stats or worth more in trade). My point was everyone loves their guys -- until they dont.

Collin Sexton: 16.7 ppg, 3 apg, 2.9 rpg, 40% 3pt
Nassir Little: 0 ppg, 0 apg, 0 rpg, 0% 3pt

Larry Nance Jr: 9.4 ppg, 3.2 apg, 8.2 rpg, 1.5 stl/g, .6 blk/g, 33.7% 3pt, 2.7 VORP, .583 TS%, 52.0 FG%
Zach Collins: 6.6 ppg, .9 apg, 4.2 rpg, .3 stl/g, .9 blk/g, 33.1% 3pt, .7 VORP, .562 TS%, 47.3 FG%

Per 36 Stats:
LNJ: 12.6 ppg, 4.3 apg, 11.1 rpg, 2 stl/g, .8 blk/g, 15.5 USG%
Collins: 13.6 ppg, 1.9 apg, 8.6 rpg, .7 stl/g, 1.8 blk/g, 16.6 USG%

Nah I don't think it's really close still... I mean Collins has potential but it's not there yet and Little hasn't even played a minute yet.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#58 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:44 am

Revenged25 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Larry Nance Jr: 9.4 ppg, 3.2 apg, 8.2 rpg, 1.5 stl/g, .6 blk/g, 33.7% 3pt, 2.7 VORP, .583 TS%, 52.0 FG%
Zach Collins: 6.6 ppg, .9 apg, 4.2 rpg, .3 stl/g, .9 blk/g, 33.1% 3pt, .7 VORP, .562 TS%, 47.3 FG%

Per 36 Stats:

Nah I don't think it's really close still... I mean Collins has potential but it's not there yet and Little hasn't even played a minute yet.

Wow did you waste your time on that.
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 210

Post#59 » by bgrep14 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:24 am

Add Little and Trent and do it
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,381

Post#60 » by Myth » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Per 36 Stats:

Neither has Zion. Not really debating the trade, just pointing out that part of the argument doesn't mean somebody doesn't have value.

Return to Trades and Transactions