POR/CLE: Oregon Still Loves Kevin

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Re: POR/CLE: Oregon Still Loves Kevin 

Post#61 » by Revenged25 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Myth wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Dont be so sure, stats can be spun how ever one likes.

But to take that as my point (as if I was saying Blaz youth actually had better stats or worth more in trade). My point was everyone loves their guys -- until they dont.

Collin Sexton: 16.7 ppg, 3 apg, 2.9 rpg, 40% 3pt
Nassir Little: 0 ppg, 0 apg, 0 rpg, 0% 3pt

Larry Nance Jr: 9.4 ppg, 3.2 apg, 8.2 rpg, 1.5 stl/g, .6 blk/g, 33.7% 3pt, 2.7 VORP, .583 TS%, 52.0 FG%
Zach Collins: 6.6 ppg, .9 apg, 4.2 rpg, .3 stl/g, .9 blk/g, 33.1% 3pt, .7 VORP, .562 TS%, 47.3 FG%

Per 36 Stats:
LNJ: 12.6 ppg, 4.3 apg, 11.1 rpg, 2 stl/g, .8 blk/g, 15.5 USG%
Collins: 13.6 ppg, 1.9 apg, 8.6 rpg, .7 stl/g, 1.8 blk/g, 16.6 USG%

Nah I don't think it's really close still... I mean Collins has potential but it's not there yet and Little hasn't even played a minute yet.

Neither has Zion. Not really debating the trade, just pointing out that part of the argument doesn't mean somebody doesn't have value.

There is a difference between Zion and Little though, I think we can both agree to that, even then I have my reservations about Zion as well due to the lack of him having a real position in the NBA but primarily his ability for his body to hold up at the weight he played at in college over an 82 game season, though if he can get down to a more manageable playing weight in the NBA my reservations for him would be greatly reduced.

I didn't say Little didn't have value, my post was in reference to rugbyrugger saying that PDX fans could come in here saying their young players had better stats or worth more in trade. Right now both Sexton and LNJ have produced better stats than Little and Collins, which is a fact that I posted. Sexton also absolutely have more value than Little, possibly more than Little and Collins combined. I'll admit that there is the debate about value between Collins and LNJ though due to LNJs proven production and Collins potential at becoming a better player than LNJ in the future.

Return to Trades and Transactions