Hou-Tor-Min

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Re: Hou-Tor-Min 

Post#21 » by mademan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:41 pm

ThatBoyNick wrote:
mademan wrote:I like Capela, but i dont think the Raps are in any kind of position to be trading away future 1st's. They already traded the last 2 years to save money on tax and to acquire Kawhi. They need young talent

Clint is young talent, he’s the same age as Siakam.

I like clint and definately think he's worth at least a 1st. Value wise, Ibaka+1st is fine. Direction wise, for the raps, it isnt.

I also think Gasol would be much better for the Rox and their title hopes. Especially during the PS; dude is still a monster team defender
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,782

Post#22 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 pm

ThatBoyNick wrote:
mademan wrote:I like Capela, but i dont think the Raps are in any kind of position to be trading away future 1st's. They already traded the last 2 years to save money on tax and to acquire Kawhi. They need young talent

Yeah I think Clint would be a great long term fit next to Siakam.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,415

Post#23 » by ThatBoyNick » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:49 pm

mademan wrote:
ThatBoyNick wrote:

I like clint and definately think he's worth at least a 1st. Value wise, Ibaka+1st is fine. Direction wise, for the raps, it isnt.

I also think Gasol would be much better for the Rox and their title hopes. Especially during the PS; dude is still a monster team defender

I’m very confused on Ibaka + Raps 2020 1st for Clint being A bad direction move for the Raps.

A mid late 2020 1st is highly unlikely to be better then Clint, and Clint is a month younger then your guys core building block of the future in Siakam, half a year younger the FVV, and Clint is locked up for 4 years on a fair contract.

It seems like a slam dunk for their direction.

Also on Marc, I think he’s just a bit too old. Hou needs a big who can play the next 3 seasons at a high level with Harden/WB. Marc can’t do that turning 35 this season. But then again, who knows how old Ibaka really is lol.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,782

Post#24 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:51 pm

ThatBoyNick wrote:
mademan wrote:
ThatBoyNick wrote:

I’m very confused on Ibaka + Raps 2020 1st being A bad direction move for the Raps.

A mid late 2020 1st is highly unlikely to be better then Clint, and Clint is a month younger then your guys core building block of the future in Siakam, and Clint is locked up for 4 years on a fair contract.

Also on Marc, I think he’s just a bit too old. Hou needs a big who can play the next 3 seasons at a high level with Harden/WB. Marc can’t do that turning 35 this season. But then again, who knows how old Ibaka really is lol.

Also love reuniting the Thunder players on the Rockets, but with actual role players around them this time.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Post#25 » by mademan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 pm

ThatBoyNick wrote:
mademan wrote:
ThatBoyNick wrote:

I’m very confused on Ibaka + Raps 2020 1st for Clint being A bad direction move for the Raps.

A mid late 2020 1st is highly unlikely to be better then Clint, and Clint is a month younger then your guys core building block of the future in Siakam, half a year younger the FVV, and Clint is locked up for 4 years on a fair contract.

He's young, but like Siakim, not that young. We need legit young talent to begin to groom and get better, we've passed on a few first round picks, and its resulted in a championship, but thats not something we can continue to do, especially as the vets age out.

More importantly, Capela doesnt fit the team/coaching philosophy. Nurse is a lot like Bud, in that he needs his bigs to be able to stretch the floor and be more dynamic offensively. It's one of the reasons Val got traded for Gasol

Return to Trades and Transactions