Kelly Oubre for Aaron Gordon

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Re: Kelly Oubre for Aaron Gordon 

Post#21 » by tiderulz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Well, Orlando can certainly afford to trade Gordon and Oubre might be what they are looking for. The problem is, IMO, that Oubre hasn't proven himself to be at the same level of consistency that Gordon has proven himself to be. Look at it this way; starting forwards of Isaac + Gordon -or- Isaac + Oubre. No way Orlando makes this trade without at least a decent 1st.

explain to me why Oubre is what Orlando is looking for? would just like to hear your argument. 3 pt %? Gordon leads. ORTG, DRTG, Gordon leads. rebounds/assists - Gordon leads. OBPM, DBPM, BPM, VORP - Gordon leads. OWS, DWS, WS - Gordon leads.

PER - even. TS - Oubre leads.

by most views, Gordon is the better player across the board. So why is Oubre what they are looking for?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#22 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Crives wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Crives wrote:Post all star break per 36m

Kelly/AG
Pts - 22.1 / 17.1
FG% - 46.9% / 45.8%
Assists- 1.7 / 4.3
Steals- 2.3 / 0.7
Blocks- 1.0 / 0.7

I am sure AG has better advanced stats being on the superior team

That’s...Thats not how advanced stats work.

Post allstar break PER 36 numbers. I’m struggling to think of a worse way to evaluate value, and I’m struggling to find it.

PER 36 numbers in general are a joke in terms of assessing value. Then to try and fine tune them to a specific time frame that fits a narrative. No bueno sir/madam.

I used post all star break as it gave Oubre a few games to get adjusted to his new team... I also understand AG went on a tear the 2nd half of the season... not sure the issue.

I used per 36 as AG played a few more minutes then Oubre.

What you did was clear and perfectly fine. If others have problems with what you did, it's up to them to provide the information they think is more relevant - not just to criticize.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#23 » by pacers33granger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Oubre is a fine player, but I think it's fairly telling that basically everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief on behalf of Phoenix when they signed him for only 2 years at $15 mil and AG is pretty widely considered a good contract at roughly $4 mil more per year.

I think it takes Phoenix's pick unprotected or Bridges to get Orlando thinking about a deal and Phoenix wouldn't offer that much.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,379

Post#24 » by Myth » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Suns need to add quite a bit of value to make up the difference.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#25 » by Crives » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Oubre is a fine player, but I think it's fairly telling that basically everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief on behalf of Phoenix when they signed him for only 2 years at $15 mil and AG is pretty widely considered a good contract at roughly $4 mil more per year.

I think it takes Phoenix's pick unprotected or Bridges to get Orlando thinking about a deal and Phoenix wouldn't offer that much.

To be fair... AG is on a declining contract. I’m not sure people would think he’s on a great deal if his contract didn’t decline to 16.4m

I certainly agree AG is worth more then Oubre if the trade was made right now.
But if Oubre continues his play post all star break when he joined the suns and became a starter... im not sure the value will be to far off come December or the trade deadline.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,784

Post#26 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Crives wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:Oubre is a fine player, but I think it's fairly telling that basically everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief on behalf of Phoenix when they signed him for only 2 years at $15 mil and AG is pretty widely considered a good contract at roughly $4 mil more per year.

To be fair... AG is on a declining contract. I’m not sure people would think he’s on a great deal if his contract didn’t decline to 16.4m

I certainly agree AG is worth more then Oubre if the trade was made right now.
But if Oubre continues his play post all star break when he joined the suns and became a starter... im not sure the value will be to far off come December or the trade deadline.

Sure, but that's a double edged sword. He's only locked in for one more year after this, so if he plays really well, then he's going to get a lot more money. And he becomes a massive flight risk. His 2 year deal makes his value pretty low to other teams. I expect the Suns will just keep him and try to resign him. I don't think they can extend him.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#27 » by babyjax13 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:22 pm

psman2 wrote:Oubre trade value was established as the corpse of Ariza. I just don't see how you you go from that to asking for Gordon. Oubre played well for the Suns down the stretch but his game has a ways to go to warrant this type of value.

I wouldn't judge anyone's value based on what Washington offers or accepts. Well, Grunfield, jury is out on the new FO (which is hopefully much, much better).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#28 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Not even close, I dont even think Orlando entertains the deal even with a low protected FRP included. Simply not the direction we're going in.

I also think that Okeke has a higher ceiling than Oubre on both ends of the floor.

Phoenix really screwed the pooch and should have drafted Brandon Clarke instead of Johnson. He would have fit like a glove. If you're already reaching for someone like Cameron at #11 why not Clarke?
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 pm

NotACat wrote:

Kelly/AG
Pts - 22.1 / 17.1
FG% - 46.9% / 45.8%
Assists- 1.7 / 4.3
Steals- 2.3 / 0.7
Blocks- 1.0 / 0.7

AG is also an elite multi-positional defender and was effective in the point forward role at times last season. I don't think Oubre will come close to AGs value during any time in their careers (I anticipate AG to continue improving).

He's not elite. He is a good young, two-way player who plays at a position of scarcity in the NBA. Most of the trade proposals for him are low IMO.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#30 » by Coeur » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:41 am

What? + 2 1sts? Maybe? Or 2020 unprotected ?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#31 » by gambitx777 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 am

The money doesn't work either i don't thjnk

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#32 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:02 am

Crives wrote:Kelly Oubre for Aaron Gordon straight up

Can’t be completed until December.

Both teams would hate to move their player... but this deal feels like it makes a lot of sense in terms of balancing out the rosters.

Suns could start Mikal at the 3 and move Saric to a playmaking role off the bench. Would open up minutes for Cam at the backup 3

Magic can maintain a more balanced longboi lineup with Isaac at the 4 and Kelly at the three.

Personally I would hate moving Kelly but on paper this makes a lot of sense.

Curious to hear opinions on Kelly vs AG value.

agree with those who said AG has significantly more value. I ahve Oubre bordering on negtive value
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#33 » by Soulyss » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:11 am

NotACat wrote:

Kelly/AG
Pts - 22.1 / 17.1
FG% - 46.9% / 45.8%
Assists- 1.7 / 4.3
Steals- 2.3 / 0.7
Blocks- 1.0 / 0.7

AG is also an elite multi-positional defender and was effective in the point forward role at times last season. I don't think Oubre will come close to AGs value during any time in their careers (I anticipate AG to continue improving).

While I agree this is laughable value for Gordon (and using per36 makes it worse) let's not start saying silly things like "elite multi-positional defender" when he's 41st in DRPM at the PF position.
GreatSunnyNorth
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#34 » by GreatSunnyNorth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:43 am

I’ll echo the consensus that the Suns would have to add significantly more value. But the fit might not be great even if the value can be worked out: there’s a far better chance of Saric playing well enough to satisfy the Suns they don’t need a PF upgrade than of Cam Johnson forcing his way into the rotation as a rookie.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#35 » by NotACat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:43 am

Soulyss wrote:
NotACat wrote:

Kelly/AG
Pts - 22.1 / 17.1
FG% - 46.9% / 45.8%
Assists- 1.7 / 4.3
Steals- 2.3 / 0.7
Blocks- 1.0 / 0.7

While I agree this is laughable value for Gordon (and using per36 makes it worse) let's not start saying silly things like "elite multi-positional defender" when he's 41st in DRPM at the PF position.

He's a primary SF defender...

Additionally, there is no single stat that can quantify a players defensive impact.
Black Lives Matter
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#36 » by TGW » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Oubre is such a bonehead...I wouldn't trade anything of real value for him. He'll be a career journeyman IMO.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM

Post#37 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:19 pm

The real question is how Orlando can pry Booker from Phoenix.

Around deadline when Phoenix is sniffing yet at another top 5 pick and Booker subtly expresses his concerns with the teams direction.

Aaron Gordon
DJ Augustine
'20 FRP (unprotected)
'22 FRP (top 10 protected)
Crives
General Manager

Post#38 » by Crives » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:The real question is how Orlando can pry Booker from Phoenix.

Around deadline when Phoenix is sniffing yet at another top 5 pick and Booker subtly expresses his concerns with the teams direction.

Aaron Gordon
DJ Augustine
'20 FRP (unprotected)

If Booker isn’t happy with PHX next year why would he want to join a worse supporting cast in Orlando on a team depleted of their 1sts?

Booker is going no where.. he’s got another 3 years at least until he can try to force a trade.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM

Post#39 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Crives wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:The real question is how Orlando can pry Booker from Phoenix.

Aaron Gordon
DJ Augustine
'20 FRP (unprotected)

If Booker isn’t happy with PHX next year why would he want to join a worse supporting cast in Orlando on a team depleted of their 1sts?

Booker is going no where.. he’s got another 3 years at least until he can try to force a trade.

Please tell me you forgot the green font.
Crives
General Manager

Post#40 » by Crives » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Crives wrote:

Aaron Gordon
DJ Augustine
'20 FRP (unprotected)

Please tell me you forgot the green font.

Please tell me you remember AG and DJ are included in the package.

Return to Trades and Transactions