Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick

Moderators: pacers33granger, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,177
And1: 797
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#1 » by NYG » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:40 am

Los Angeles Clippers get:
Andre Iguodala

-The Clippers would have ridiculous perimeter defense depth between Iguodala, Kawhi, George, Beverley, etc. Iguodala is the kind of glue guy veteran that could help the Clippers gel early.

Memphis Grizzlies get:
Maurice Harkless
Jerome Robinson
2020 Lottery Protected Los Angeles Clippers First Round Draft Pick (Becomes Two Second Round Draft Picks If Not Conveyed)

-The Grizzlies take a flier on a young piece and add a first round draft pick that would be likely to convey. The biggest problem may be the roster spots honestly.
Need fantasy football advice? I’m nerdy enough to do your research.

3-1 in picks against the spread so far.

Soon - Better design and ask questions every day from 8 PM to 9 PM ET and guarantee to answer them all.

https://thesportscrazy.com/
Magic_Johnny12
General Manager
Posts: 8,618
And1: 6,119
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Contact:
       

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#2 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:06 am

I think Harkless/Robinson is more than enough, no way Clippers add a FRP.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Resistance
Analyst
Posts: 3,435
And1: 1,024
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#3 » by Resistance » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:16 am

If the Clippers were going to to do this, then I would think that it would have already been done.
User avatar
ejftw
Analyst
Posts: 3,461
And1: 515
Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Contact:
         

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#4 » by ejftw » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:28 am

Yeah....no
Knickfan1982 wrote:Jordan isn't that much of an upgrade over Robin Lopez.
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 8,915
And1: 7,746
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#5 » by GhostOfChicago » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:46 am

How far off is Harkless compared to Iguodala defensively? (Didn't watch many Portland games)

Either way, Harkless being much younger and with the ability to play the 4 I'm not sure they should move him for a much older player.

But if they did, I believe a first round pick is an overpay.
Image
User avatar
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
Posts: 13,339
And1: 31,300
Joined: May 30, 2014
Contact:
 

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#6 » by gom » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 am

I'd keep Harkless myself, especially if Memphis asks the Clippers for a pick. Harkless was an excellent addition for the Clippers.
Humans: Out of nature and hopelessly in it; dual, up in the stars and yet housed in a heart-pumping, breath-gasping body that once belonged to a fish and still carries the gill-marks to prove it.

Ernest Becker

Image
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 11,208
And1: 460
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#8 » by Darren » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:07 pm

No team will give a first for 37 yo AI. AI is not final piece of any puzzle. And the champion opportunity is wide-opened with KD and Kawhi leaving for new team. Of course, Curry and KT season-ending injury is also a factor. Let assume LAL is the team to beat, what team adding AI will stop LAL? AI is injury-prone. AI cannot seem to stop Kawhi either. I doubt AI could stop LBJ or AD. I also don't think AI could stop Giannis. The trade value is a second rounder at best. Memphis could decide to take a second rounder or just waiving AI. I don't think anything could change by the deadline for the above reason. Therefore, Memphis are better off getting a deal done before the season. Or else, Memphis loses the tank as well.

In fact, LAL is not that difficult to beat despite all the hypes. With a solid coach and capable roster, anything could happen.
E S V L
Rookie
Posts: 1,068
And1: 313
Joined: Dec 19, 2017
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#9 » by E S V L » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Clippers may send Harkless and Robinson to a 3d team for some benefits back and an expiring going to Memphis, which doesn’t care of these guys.
Pinkyring
Head Coach
Posts: 6,241
And1: 3,931
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#10 » by Pinkyring » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:45 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:How far off is Harkless compared to Iguodala defensively? (Didn't watch many Portland games)

Either way, Harkless being much younger and with the ability to play the 4 I'm not sure they should move him for a much older player.

But if they did, I believe a first round pick is an overpay.

Harkless can't defend nor can he play the 4
User avatar
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
Posts: 21,467
And1: 15,678
Joined: Aug 03, 2008
Location: Formerly Mats272-Goat until I found Sofia The First...
 

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#11 » by Sofia » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:47 pm

I wouldn’t do this even if the pick was taken out
TEAM FINNA
Sofia wrote:
Gus McCrae wrote:I’ll just say it... you’re a top 5 worst poster on this site

I’m top 3 at worst
NYG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,177
And1: 797
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#13 » by NYG » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Is it the pick? Would Harkless/Robinson for Iggy make more sense?
Need fantasy football advice? I’m nerdy enough to do your research.

3-1 in picks against the spread so far.

Soon - Better design and ask questions every day from 8 PM to 9 PM ET and guarantee to answer them all.

https://thesportscrazy.com/
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,157
And1: 20,621
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Iggy doesn't have this type of value and the Clippers aren't going to spend the limited assets they have on Iggy when they'll be starting PG, Leonard, and Beverly.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
User avatar
ejftw
Analyst
Posts: 3,461
And1: 515
Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Contact:
         

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#15 » by ejftw » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:31 am

NYG wrote:Is it the pick? Would Harkless/Robinson for Iggy make more sense?


Still is a no..
Not sure if do Mo for Iggy
Knickfan1982 wrote:Jordan isn't that much of an upgrade over Robin Lopez.
User avatar
50CalClips
Junior
Posts: 269
And1: 73
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#16 » by 50CalClips » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Darren wrote:No team will give a first for 37 yo AI. AI is not final piece of any puzzle. And the champion opportunity is wide-opened with KD and Kawhi leaving for new team. Of course, Curry and KT season-ending injury is also a factor. Let assume LAL is the team to beat, what team adding AI will stop LAL? AI is injury-prone. AI cannot seem to stop Kawhi either. I doubt AI could stop LBJ or AD. I also don't think AI could stop Giannis. The trade value is a second rounder at best. Memphis could decide to take a second rounder or just waiving AI. I don't think anything could change by the deadline for the above reason. Therefore, Memphis are better off getting a deal done before the season. Or else, Memphis loses the tank as well.

In fact, LAL is not that difficult to beat despite all the hypes. With a solid coach and capable roster, anything could happen.


Iguodala is 35 yo. Maybe a 1st is too much, but dont tell me that Iguodala can't help a Title Contending team.

Against AD? Giannis?... No.
But against James Harden, Steph Curry, Damian Lillard... Yeah.

At 35 yrs old he played 30 minutes per game in the Post-Season (10, 4, and 4).

Image
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 15,727
And1: 4,147
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#18 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:01 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Harkless, McGruder, Robinson for Iggy, Crowder, Melton


Seems more reasonable. I think Robinson is underrated, but I was really high on him in the draft, so IDK.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
E S V L
Rookie
Posts: 1,068
And1: 313
Joined: Dec 19, 2017
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#19 » by E S V L » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Harkless, McGruder, Robinson for Iggy, Crowder, Melton


Seems more reasonable. I think Robinson is underrated, but I was really high on him in the draft, so IDK.


Easy no from Memphis. I am not sure I am ready to trade Melton for Robinson straight.

The Grizzlies are seeking only a FRP for Igoudala. Thus, the formula for a successful trade is simple: Clippers send a FRP to Memphis and whoever they want to a 3d party for some value back and an expring going to Memphis.
MoneyTalks41890
RealGM
Posts: 15,451
And1: 7,020
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#20 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:06 pm

E S V L wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Harkless, McGruder, Robinson for Iggy, Crowder, Melton


Seems more reasonable. I think Robinson is underrated, but I was really high on him in the draft, so IDK.


Easy no from Memphis. I am not sure I am ready to trade Melton for Robinson straight.

The Grizzlies are seeking only a FRP for Igoudala. Thus, the formula for a successful trade is simple: Clippers send a FRP to Memphis and whoever they want to a 3d party for some value back and an expring going to Memphis.


Clips trade Hark, Robinson to OKC, OKC trades Roberson and DEN 1st to MEM, Iggy to LAC

Return to Trades and Transactions