BBW: Boston, Brooklyn & Washington

Moderators: pacers33granger, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, Trader_Joe, loserX

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 210

BBW: Boston, Brooklyn & Washington 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:02 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7236029

BOS trades Brown/Ojeleye for Harris/Allen
The Celtics add a young C and a floor-spacing SG (Marcus' alter-ego), to aid their quest to contend.
Walker, Smart, Hayward, Tatum, Allen
Edwards, Harris, Langford, Theis, Kanter

BRK trades Dinwiddie/Harris/Prince/Allen.20PHI1st/20GSW1st for Beal/Bonga/Ojeleye/Schofield
The Nets go all-in with a Big Three.
Irving, Beal, LeVert, {Durant}, Jordan
Temple, Nwaba, Ojeleye, Musa, Kurucs

WAS trades Beal/Bonga/Schofield for Dinwiddie/Brown/Prince/20PHI1st/20GSW1st
The Wizards revamp the lineup with versatile young perimeter weapons.
Dinwiddie, Brown, Prince, Bertans, Bryant
Smith, Miles, Brown, Hachimura, Mahinmi
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
SmokeyPaw
Bench Warmer
And1: 648

Re: BBW: Boston, Brooklyn & Washington 

Post#2 » by SmokeyPaw » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:25 am

Dont like this for Wash. Those are two late firsts. Brown and Prince are likely to be overpaid as restricted FAs in a weak 2020 class. Beal should command better assets than this.
TGW
General Manager
And1: 3,193

Post#3 » by TGW » Mon Sep 9, 2019 12:56 pm

Trash for Washington, as usual. But keep coming up with more of these OP.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,048

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:13 pm

I think Boston is getting too much for Brown. Also, I don't view Admiral as just a toss in. I'd find a different min filler. Lastly, a capped out team getting back mainly players that are about to get paid is a deal breaker.
John Stockton - All time leader in Assists and Steals.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#5 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:24 pm

TGW wrote:Trash for Washington, as usual. But keep coming up with more of these OP.

I feel you, I do.

Beal and the Wizards are on the menu for 29 other teams in the NBA right now, and all the trade talk gets old. The Nets have been in this position, batting down imaginary trade ideas and

Problem is, there is smoke and fire around the rumors, though your front office is doing its best to minimize them and keep Brad's value high.

My solution is, start a thread with a trade proposal to which you would be amenable. Pick the return pieces, and see if that team replies positively to it.
-- Steve Martin
Illmatic12
General Manager
And1: 7,767

Post#6 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:38 pm

This man has to be stopped..

ecuhus1981 wrote:
TGW wrote:Trash for Washington, as usual. But keep coming up with more of these OP.

I feel you, I do.

Beal and the Wizards are on the menu for 29 other teams in the NBA right now, and all the trade talk gets old. The Nets have been in this position, batting down imaginary trade ideas and

Problem is, there is smoke and fire around the rumors, though your front office is doing its best to minimize them and keep Brad's value high.

My solution is, start a thread with a trade proposal to which you would be amenable. Pick the return pieces, and see if that team replies positively to it.

Where is the smoke and fire?

Read on Twitter

Could you please produce one credible report indicating that Washington is considering trading Bradley Beal?

I'm only asking because you seem to be really pushing this , as if you know something we don't.. is there something we missed?

No one in the league circles has indicated that they are looking to trade him (and trust me many have inquired).
giberish
RealGM
And1: 2,513

Post#7 » by giberish » Mon Sep 9, 2019 10:13 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:This man has to be stopped..

ecuhus1981 wrote:

I feel you, I do.

Where is the smoke and fire?

Read on Twitter

Could you please produce one credible report indicating that Washington is considering trading Bradley Beal?

I'm only asking because you seem to be really pushing this , as if you know something we don't.. is there something we missed?

No one in the league circles has indicated that they are looking to trade him (and trust me many have inquired).

The smoke is all the teams inquiring about Beal, and that Washington not looking to trade Beal makes news. 'Warriors not looking to trade Curry" doesn't make news, since everyone knows it. Teams keep asking about Beal because they don't want to be left out if Washington does consider trading a player (occasionally teams will change from not having a player on the market to trading them rather quickly).
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#8 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:58 pm

I want to address Illmatic12 and giberish together, because I feel your points are valid and related.

I have no problem admitting that there is no single smoking-gun, absolute proof that Washington has Bradley Beal on the trading block. He's not pushing for a trade publicly, and they aren't in a time crunch to trade him. They have no incentive to put him on the trading block, either, because that would only decrease his value. Neither I nor anyone else on this board that I've seen has declared that he's on the trading block, or that the Wizards need to fire sale him.

That said, there is a reason that so many plugged-in NBA pundits keep raising Beal's name as the next big star Domino to be traded. Curry is not the same as Bradley, because the Warriors are in a very different position than the Wizards.

Think of an All-Star with two years or less on his contract, that's currently playing for a team that was bad last year, and projects to be bad again this year. How many players can you name? The last guy in such a position was Anthony Davis, and we all know what happened with him.

If there were one or two other guys in that situation, the focus wouldn't be squarely on Brad. You could stretch for names like LaMarcus Aldridge, Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, but again the Spurs and Raptors are much more competitive than the Wizards.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
-- Steve Martin
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 8,598

Post#9 » by Coxy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:57 am

Washington can do better than this. I like it for Boston though.
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
Illmatic12
General Manager
And1: 7,767

Post#10 » by Illmatic12 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:11 am

In my recollection there isn’t much discussion of trade scenarios for franchise players who are TWO seasons away from free agency, there are too many unknown variables that can change during that time.

T&T started lighting up with AD trade scenarios AFTER it became clear he demanded a trade. Before the Rich Paul trade request in Jan the vast majority of Pelicans trade scenarios were about how they could get a 3rd star to convince AD to stay, Otto Porter Jr to the Pels was probably the most popular trade out there.

Beal is still TWO years from free agency, the idea that Wash has already resigned themselves to trading him couldn’t be further from the truth. They still have several more windows during which they can make overtures to sign him to a max/supermax extension. They still have moves they can make. Heck they might land a high lottery pick next summer and use that to trade for a disgruntled star and suddenly Beal is sold on staying. What I’m trying to get you understand , is that this is peddling trade scenarios for a player who is still several degrees of separation away from even being in a situation where he would be traded by his team.

Which is fine and I’m not stopping you. But the basis of most trade scenarios is “what would team X accept for player Y” , the problem is that right now the threshold of what Washington would accept is for Beal is a lot higher than you think it is, because the Wizards are still operating with the expectation that they can sign Beal to an extension before he hits free agency. People who create these posts seem to be operating with the assumption that either he demanded a trade or that the Wizards have given up on building around him. You’re essentially projecting your assumptions onto reality which becomes tiresome for others who don’t share your thought process.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 2,513

Post#11 » by giberish » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:17 am

Illmatic12 wrote:In my recollection there isn’t much discussion of trade scenarios for franchise players who are TWO seasons away from free agency, there are too many unknown variables that can change during that time.

T&T started lighting up with AD trade scenarios AFTER it became clear he demanded a trade. Before the Rich Paul trade request in Jan the vast majority of Pelicans trade scenarios were about how they could get a 3rd star to convince AD to stay, Otto Porter Jr to the Pels was probably the most popular trade out there.

Beal is still TWO years from free agency, the idea that Wash has already resigned themselves to trading him couldn’t be further from the truth. They still have several more windows during which they can make overtures to sign him to a max/supermax extension. They still have moves they can make. Heck they might land a high lottery pick next summer and use that to trade for a disgruntled star and suddenly Beal is sold on staying. What I’m trying to get you understand , is that this is peddling trade scenarios for a player who is still several degrees of separation away from even being in a situation where he would be traded by his team.

Which is fine and I’m not stopping you. But the basis of most trade scenarios is “what would team X accept for player Y” , the problem is that right now the threshold of what Washington would accept is for Beal is a lot higher than you think it is, because the Wizards are still operating with the expectation that they can sign Beal to an extension before he hits free agency. People who create these posts seem to be operating with the assumption that either he demanded a trade or that the Wizards have given up on building around him. You’re essentially projecting your assumptions onto reality which becomes tiresome for others who don’t share your thought process.

I'd say there definitely was talk of an AD trade last summer (at least here and other places for random speculation). It was kept down a bit because NO was pretty good the year before and expected to be at least as good last year (as opposed to Washington being expected to finish near the bottom of the league)but it was still there. Obviously it went up as the season didn't work out leading to the trade demand.

I'd also say that the current number of Beal trade proposals seem like a lot because there aren't that many total threads being started. At a busier time the Beal trade threads would be diluted by a bunch more other threads.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,962

Post#12 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Brooklyn is getting a steal here, really Allen, Prince and Dinwiddie are worth Beal? I don't think so, Washington gets hammered here
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
CsBsSoxPhins
Head Coach
And1: 1,726

Post#13 » by CsBsSoxPhins » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 pm

I'm not sure that Boston and Brooklyn would make a trade together but I do wonder what it would take for Boston to acquire Allen. I'm assuming the Nets may need a little wing help while KD recovers and maybe a backup big to replace Allen?

Ojeleye, RW3 and a 1st?

Return to Trades and Transactions