12/15 - D'Angelo Russell to Minnesota

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,650

Re: 12/15 - D'Angelo Russell to Minnesota 

Post#121 » by shrink » Sun Oct 6, 2019 11:58 am

Coxy wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:Holy ****, there are people who think, even for one second, Russell is worth KAT level insanely high trade value?

He never mentioned Russell. He said he would like to see KAT on the Warriors.

People only read what they want to read, then jump to major conclusions fedding their pre conceived thoughts.

That’s technically true, but he did choose to put this in a “trade DeAngelo Russell” thread.

If someone made a “Jeff Teague to the Warriors” thread, and I chose that moment to post, “the only player MIN should be interested in from the Warriors is Curry!” I would expect some people would think I was implying Teague was involved, rather than adding, “.. but aside from the subject of the thread, I really am just making a general observation that has nothing to do with a Jeff Teague trade.”

Worse, this seems like the wrong post to complain that people didn’t take literally.

Coxy wrote:No no and no from Golden State once again. The only player the Warriors should be interested in from Minny is KAT.

If you’re now saying that he didn’t mention trading Russell, then his position is that GSW shouldn’t be interested in replacing their 15th player with RoCo or Culver?

What I thought he meant to say was “>In a Russell trade>, The only player the Warriors should be interested in from Minny is KAT, <though we’d have to add value for MIN to consider it>.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#122 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:40 am

shrink wrote:
Coxy wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
He never mentioned Russell. He said he would like to see KAT on the Warriors.

People only read what they want to read, then jump to major conclusions fedding their pre conceived thoughts.

That’s technically true, but he did choose to put this in a “trade DeAngelo Russell” thread.

If someone made a “Jeff Teague to the Warriors” thread, and I chose that moment to post, “the only player MIN should be interested in from the Warriors is Curry!” I would expect some people would think I was implying Teague was involved, rather than adding, “.. but aside from the subject of the thread, I really am just making a general observation that has nothing to do with a Jeff Teague trade.”

Worse, this seems like the wrong post to complain that people didn’t take literally.

Coxy wrote:No no and no from Golden State once again. The only player the Warriors should be interested in from Minny is KAT.

If you’re now saying that he didn’t mention trading Russell, then his position is that GSW shouldn’t be interested in replacing their 15th player with RoCo or Culver?

What I thought he meant to say was “>In a Russell trade>, The only player the Warriors should be interested in from Minny is KAT, <though we’d have to add value for MIN to consider it>.

Again, the only player the Warriors should be interested in KAT.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#123 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:38 am

Coxy wrote:
shrink wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Covington would be a huge fit for GS, and I’m sure GS would love to have him.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#124 » by azwfan » Mon Oct 7, 2019 11:21 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Coxy wrote:
shrink wrote:That’s technically true, but he did choose to put this in a “trade DeAngelo Russell” thread.

I'd love to get Covington in the summer. We just don't have a way to do it (that still improves the team) right now.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#125 » by azwfan » Mon Oct 7, 2019 11:24 pm

I'd also like Okogie from Minnesota, though i'm not sure where he would rank among the poo poo platter of prospects we possess. Possibly on par with Poole?
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#126 » by Jody Smokz » Mon Oct 7, 2019 11:26 pm

I just can't buy into the idea that GS paid DLo 117M just to trade him for Rob Covington
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,986

Post#127 » by wolves_89 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:34 am

azwfan wrote:I'd also like Okogie from Minnesota, though i'm not sure where he would rank among the poo poo platter of prospects we possess. Possibly on par with Poole?

I can't see the Wolves having even a remote interest in moving Okogie for any of the Warriors non-star level players.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:12 am

azwfan wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I'd love to get Covington in the summer. We just don't have a way to do it (that still improves the team) right now.

That's a different thing altogether.
The statement was that the only player the Warriors should be interested in [is] KAT, and I disagreed and said that clearly Covington is a player that GS should have interest in. Okogie, too. Culver, three, obviously. Forget about how they would acquire these guys, just if GS should have interest in them. Also, I would imagine that GS would have preferred to keep Bell if they weren't so dang hard pressed up against the hard cap and pretty much had to let him walk for a minimum.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:13 am

wolves_89 wrote:
azwfan wrote:I'd also like Okogie from Minnesota, though i'm not sure where he would rank among the poo poo platter of prospects we possess. Possibly on par with Poole?

I can't see the Wolves having even a remote interest in moving Okogie for any of the Warriors non-star level players.

I think we all agree. The comment was just about which players GS should have interest in that would help them, not whom could they acquire.

And I'd still put Okogie ahead of Poole and Evans until further evidence presents itself.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#130 » by azwfan » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:42 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

That's a different thing altogether.
The statement was that the only player the Warriors should be interested in [is] KAT, and I disagreed and said that clearly Covington is a player that GS should have interest in. Okogie, too. Culver, three, obviously. Forget about how they would acquire these guys, just if GS should have interest in them. Also, I would imagine that GS would have preferred to keep Bell if they weren't so dang hard pressed up against the hard cap and pretty much had to let him walk for a minimum.

Covington, yes. Okogie, yes. Culver too (even though i'm not a fan). But Jordan Bell? No, we were happy to let him walk. About the only reason to keep him was for some more roster continuity. I loved Bell coming out of college, but he just never improved and seemed to have a low bbiq. Seemed like a good guy though. Wishing him luck in Minnesota.

Return to Trades and Transactions