Make the Kings a playoff team

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,827

Re: Make the Kings a playoff team 

Post#61 » by psman2 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 1:38 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Money and a world class organization talk volumes. Barnes aint worth that money. Anunoby locked down Harden, he had a bad year because of the death of his father, a stomach injury and being thrust from his starting role to a bench guy. I don't think Toronto moves him right now he's 6'8 215lbs with a 7'3" wingspan and can keep up with guards and forwards. I think with Matt Thomas we don't need Bogdanovic especially if it costs Anunoby. I don't see him as a star but I think we hold onto him and see how he does with this team and under the tutelage of Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson

Barnes may not be worth the money, though he’s a solid 4th option type vet coming into the meat of his career, and it will look better as the cap rises/his contract descends, but I haven’t come up with a better FA that has signed in Toronto lately? Next years FA class is paltry as well
Your basing Toronto's fa class on having no cap and the old CBA. No matter how you try to spin Barnes he ain't worth $60 million over 3 years I am sorry 14 ppg 5 rpg and 1 apg isn't going to fly. Toronto is saving for 2021 more likely and having $20 million tied up in Barnes then whatever Siakam, VanVleet and Bogdanovic get. Look at the names you tell me who you take Barnes over, I rather use that $20 million that Barnes is getting to overpay Beal, Gobert or Holliday or massively overpay Giannis Antetokounmpo. Wishful thinking I know but I ain't a fan of treadmill teams and like I said Barnes doesn't help us at the price of Anunoby and Gasol and Powell

How do you massively overpay Giannis Antetokounmpo? Is there a super duper max only available in Canada?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#62 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Oct 4, 2019 1:45 am

psman2 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Barnes may not be worth the money, though he’s a solid 4th option type vet coming into the meat of his career, and it will look better as the cap rises/his contract descends, but I haven’t come up with a better FA that has signed in Toronto lately? Next years FA class is paltry as well
Your basing Toronto's fa class on having no cap and the old CBA. No matter how you try to spin Barnes he ain't worth $60 million over 3 years I am sorry 14 ppg 5 rpg and 1 apg isn't going to fly. Toronto is saving for 2021 more likely and having $20 million tied up in Barnes then whatever Siakam, VanVleet and Bogdanovic get. Look at the names you tell me who you take Barnes over, I rather use that $20 million that Barnes is getting to overpay Beal, Gobert or Holliday or massively overpay Giannis Antetokounmpo. Wishful thinking I know but I ain't a fan of treadmill teams and like I said Barnes doesn't help us at the price of Anunoby and Gasol and Powell

How do you massively overpay Giannis Antetokounmpo? Is there a super duper max only available in Canada?
Worded that wrong what I meant to say is that we use Barnes' said money and extra and offer Giannis Antetokounmpo the max and proceeds of the taste of the Danforth (Greek food festival in Toronto) and go from there.

Trying to type the last post and watch the Thursday night game don't go well
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#63 » by BoogieTime » Fri Oct 4, 2019 2:39 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Money and a world class organization talk volumes. Barnes aint worth that money. Anunoby locked down Harden, he had a bad year because of the death of his father, a stomach injury and being thrust from his starting role to a bench guy. I don't think Toronto moves him right now he's 6'8 215lbs with a 7'3" wingspan and can keep up with guards and forwards. I think with Matt Thomas we don't need Bogdanovic especially if it costs Anunoby. I don't see him as a star but I think we hold onto him and see how he does with this team and under the tutelage of Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson

Those are lofty FA expectations, nothing wrong with it.

Reason Barnes is overpaid is because flat out, we in Sacramento aren’t getting a better player in FA.

But all expectations are different for sure
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#64 » by DoItALL9 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 1:12 am

Resign Buddy for whatever it takes

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,107

Post#65 » by JB2 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 7:41 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
Denver
Houston
Clips
Portland
Utah
GSW
Spurs
Kings

A Lakers fan putting the Kings over the Lakers?

Honestly I'm a Kobe fan, I don't really have a team and am just an NBA fan.

That being said, I've been on the Lakers will miss the playoffs campaign all summer.

That's the Jeb Bush campaign

Return to Trades and Transactions