Sacramento Kings Get Bradley Beal...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,598

Sacramento Kings Get Bradley Beal... 

Post#1 » by NYG » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:35 am

Buddy Hield
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Yogi Ferrell
Nemanja Bjelica

-for-

Bradley Beal
Jordan McRae
Admiral Schofield

Kings consolidate to a more win-now sure thing

Wizards take a slight downgrade to Hield for a contract they can control
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Re: Sacramento Kings Get Bradley Beal... 

Post#2 » by Crives » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:54 am

I think Kings need to include a 1st
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#3 » by Resistance » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:54 am

I don't have Washington being interested in negotiating new contracts for both Hield and Bogdaovic. They probably would like to keep Schofield as well since they have him signed for multiple years on a bargain contract.

At a minimum, I would reconfigure the trade with at least Bogdanovic being redirected to another team for either a pick or a player that isn't expiring. Maybe redirect Ferrell and Bjelica elswewhere as well if some additional assets can be gotten for them and sent to Washington.

It still might not be enough value for Washington, but it could be more appealing to them.
NYG
RealGM

Post#4 » by NYG » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:02 am

Resistance wrote:I don't have Washington being interested in negotiating new contracts for both Hield and Bogdaovic. They probably would like to keep Schofield as well since they have him signed for multiple years on a bargain contract.

At a minimum, I would reconfigure the trade with at least Bogdanovic being redirected to another team for either a pick or a player that isn't expiring. Maybe redirect Ferrell and Bjelica elswewhere as well if some additional assets can be gotten for them and sent to Washington.

It still might not be enough value for Washington, but it could be more appealing to them.

Bjelica and Bogdanovic for Tony Snell, Langston Galloway + pick?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#5 » by BullyKing » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:02 am

Think the Kings need to at least a 1st but love the idea of them making a play for Beal. Fox-Beal might be the most fun two-way back court in the league.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
NYG
RealGM

Post#6 » by NYG » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:06 am

BullyKing wrote:Think the Kings need to at least a 1st but love the idea of them making a play for Beal. Fox-Beal might be the most fun two-way back court in the league.

Do you like it with the above mentioned edit?

Bjelica and Bogdanovic to Detroit for Snell, Galloway and a pick
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:13 am

Every time this comes up I have to interject 3 things:

1) Buddy, and Bogdan as well in this case are contract controlled. Kings would just switch positions with Washington with a guy who can leave in two years

2) Kings lineup doesn’t need to sacrifice usage for efficiency with Fox/Barnes/Bagley

3) Beal does have injury history that can possibly reoccur
NYG
RealGM

Post#8 » by NYG » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:15 am

BoogieTime wrote:Every time this comes up I have to interject 3 things:

1) Buddy, and Bogdan as well in this case are contract controlled. Kings would just switch positions with Washington with a guy who can leave in two years

2) Kings lineup doesn’t need to sacrifice usage for efficiency with Fox/Barnes/Bagley

Those are all fair, but could you envision the real life Kings regime making this deal? Especially if the Wizards can get their pick elsewhere via a third team.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#9 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:16 am

Crives wrote:I think Kings need to include a 1st

Without even getting to the other players, I think the fact Buddy is contract controlled as RFA and Beal has two years left goes a long way with non free agent destinations
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#10 » by BullyKing » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:22 am

He's also, you know, the best player in the deal.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#11 » by Resistance » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:26 am

Probably a No from both Sacramento and Washington.

Sacramento will hesitate because of the RFA versus UFA issues.

Washington might be in a rebuild for a few seasons and it comes across as wasteful to have Hield on a new large contract while the team won't be making a strong effort to compete now and the near future.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#12 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 4:03 am

NYG wrote:

Those are all fair, but could you envision the real life Kings regime making this deal? Especially if the Wizards can get their pick elsewhere via a third team.

Why would the Kings do it? Then they have to gamble on Beal wanting to stay in SAC

They own Hield’s RFA rights and have more certainty there. If they wanted to get out of paying Buddy then they would make a different trade that fits their timeline (maybe trade Hield to OKC for Gallo’s expiring + Ferguson + picks)
NYG
RealGM

Post#13 » by NYG » Thu Oct 3, 2019 11:32 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
NYG wrote:

Why would the Kings do it? Then they have to gamble on Beal wanting to stay in SAC

They own Hield’s RFA rights and have more certainty there. If they wanted to get out of paying Buddy then they would make a different trade that fits their timeline (maybe trade Hield to OKC for Gallo’s expiring + Ferguson + picks)

It all depends on how good the Kings think they are this season. If they feel like this upgrade simply makes them an 8 seed then of course you don’t take the risk. Am I overrating the Kings after this trade by assuming they will be better than that?
letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect
And1: 510

Post#14 » by letsgobulls23 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:48 pm

Washington can do a lot better than this imo, even though it's a risk for SAC that Beal could walk.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#15 » by Karmaloop » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:49 pm

First off, Bradley Beal has averaged ONE less game per season since Buddy Hield entered the league. Trying to use injury history from more than 3+ years ago is really, really grasping at straws. Buddy Hield is under contract through this season, and is set to be a RFA after next offseason, so you're talking about a minimum of 2 seasons of control left. Ironically, Bradley Beal has 2 years left of team control as well. Bogdanovic is in a similar boat as Hield. Last year, Bradley Beal's USG% was 28.4% while Buddy Hield was 25.1% and Bogdanovic's was 22.3%. So the notion that Beal couldn't fit in with Fox, Barnes, and Bagley is a farce.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#16 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:21 pm

Is Beal going to re-sign? Where? That's what this deal is all about.

If Beal won't re-sign with the Kings, this is way too much to gamble. If he will re-sign with the Kings, they are paying almost enough to make the deal work.

If Beal won't re-sign with the Wizards, they should grab this deal and celebrate. If he will re-sign with the Wizards, they should demand a whole lot more because Beal is that good IMO.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,454

Post#17 » by rpa » Thu Oct 3, 2019 4:34 pm

Wouldn't do this if I'm the Kings--with or without the 1st rounder attached.

The Kings are building their offense around Bagley and Fox--making Hield (or Beal) a 3rd banana. While Beal is a clearly better player, I think the gap between him and Hield as 3rd options isn't that far apart. Namely, Beal's creation ability wouldn't be as useful with the ball in his hands less and Hields' shooting (which is far and away better than Beal's) is incredibly valuable for floor spacing.

I think when you add in the role players the Kings give up + Beal's contract situation it's a pretty clear downgrade for the Kings.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#18 » by pillwenney » Thu Oct 3, 2019 7:05 pm

rpa wrote:Wouldn't do this if I'm the Kings--with or without the 1st rounder attached.

The Kings are building their offense around Bagley and Fox--making Hield (or Beal) a 3rd banana. While Beal is a clearly better player, I think the gap between him and Hield as 3rd options isn't that far apart. Namely, Beal's creation ability wouldn't be as useful with the ball in his hands less and Hields' shooting (which is far and away better than Beal's) is incredibly valuable for floor spacing.

I think when you add in the role players the Kings give up + Beal's contract situation it's a pretty clear downgrade for the Kings.

This is a fair point. I still think it's worth doing it simply because you get talent where you can.

But I would only do it if we had a wink wink situation with Beal definitely re-signing. Otherwise, it's not worth the risk.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#19 » by becorz » Thu Oct 3, 2019 7:47 pm

pillwenney wrote:
rpa wrote:Wouldn't do this if I'm the Kings--with or without the 1st rounder attached.

This is a fair point. I still think it's worth doing it simply because you get talent where you can.

But I would only do it if we had a wink wink situation with Beal definitely re-signing. Otherwise, it's not worth the risk.

When the Kings traded Shumpert (and Jackson to a lesser extent), it seemed like the team was really down for a couple of weeks there. That guy was only around for a little while and and changing the team chemistry up like that hurt them.

If the Kings traded Buddy, are you worried about the affect on team chemistry? Dude has been around for two and a half years now and has been pushed as a key part of the Kings rebuild. I am worried what it would do.

Then again, it seems like the team is bonding around Barnes now, so long term, it didn't hurt too much to lose Shump, so it is entirely possible that time would fix everything.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#20 » by E S V L » Thu Oct 3, 2019 8:34 pm

letsgobulls23 wrote:Washington can do a lot better than this imo, even though it's a risk for SAC that Beal could walk.

Memphis is offering five (5) FRPs
FK NFL

Return to Trades and Transactions