It's unlikely but KAT to NO

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: It's unlikely but KAT to NO 

Post#41 » by sipclip » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:31 pm

jscott wrote:
sipclip wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:You realize you can say that about any player right now — every team is undefeated and has a chance at the chip.
No you can't. Some players have the talent and others don't and Ball and Ingram have the talent. They have elite size and skill for their position and I fully expect both to make a huge leap forward. We were already seeing it last year with Ingram right before he was diagnosed with the blood clot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

You said it, dude. “Blood clots” appeared and really hampered Ingrams value. That and his pending RFA status.

By all accounts his blood clot issue looks like a one off thing. We aren't talking about a Bosh situation here. Also as far as restricted free agency goes I don't see it hurting his value if he puts up the numbers that I expect which will be something around 22pts, 6rbs, 3asts on 45% from the field and 37% from 3 as well as solid defense.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#42 » by sipclip » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:48 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
sipclip wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:You realize you can say that about any player right now — every team is undefeated and has a chance at the chip.
No you can't. Some players have the talent and others don't and Ball and Ingram have the talent. They have elite size and skill for their position and I fully expect both to make a huge leap forward. We were already seeing it last year with Ingram right before he was diagnosed with the blood clot.

It’s the NBA — ever player has the talent and size to break through — given enough optimism they can be players too who have a fan who says “will look like future all stars. And will be underrated.” Etc. etc.

Feel free to cheer for your guys. But NO GM in the world is going to give more value for Ball and Ingram because in preseason self promotion as future all stars.

We aren't talking about some random players. We are talking about 2 guys that are going into there 3rd and 4th seasons who were the 2nd picks in the draft. Yeah there have been a lot of busts with the 2nd pick but I have seen enough from both players to feel like they will be really good players. I have already stated what I think we will see from Ingram this year and I think we will see just as good of a season from Ball. I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd team all nba defense to go along with 13pts, 10asts, 5rbs, 2stls and 1blk a game. I look forward to revisiting this conversation around midseason to see how things have shaken out.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#43 » by jscott » Tue Oct 8, 2019 9:09 pm

sipclip wrote:
jscott wrote:
sipclip wrote:No you can't. Some players have the talent and others don't and Ball and Ingram have the talent. They have elite size and skill for their position and I fully expect both to make a huge leap forward. We were already seeing it last year with Ingram right before he was diagnosed with the blood clot.

You said it, dude. “Blood clots” appeared and really hampered Ingrams value. That and his pending RFA status.

By all accounts his blood clot issue looks like a one off thing. We aren't talking about a Bosh situation here. Also as far as restricted free agency goes I don't see it hurting his value if he puts up the numbers that I expect which will be something around 22pts, 6rbs, 3asts on 45% from the field and 37% from 3 as well as solid defense.

We will see but he’s averaged 56 games over the last two seasons. Dude is gonna need to do it for 75-82 games before he’s worth a massive extension. I wouldn’t wanna be rolling the dice on that. Let alone trading KAT for that.

Return to Trades and Transactions