BOS - OKC - DET

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

BOS - OKC - DET 

Post#1 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:37 am

To BOS: Griffin, Adams, B. Brown

To DET: Hayward, J. Brown, Langford, MEM pick

To OKC: Smart, Galloway

Why for BOS? They get out of Hayward's contract, cash in on Brown before he gets expensive, and puts together a much more balanced team with Griffin and Adams to go with Walker and Tatum. Bruce Brown is like Smart light.

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Griffin
Adams

Why for DET? We get a good rebuilding package for a top 15 player.

Jackson/Rose/Frazier
Langford/Kennard/Thomas
Brown/Hayward/Snell/Mykhailiuk
Doumbouya/Morris/Maker
Drummond/Wood

Why for OKC? They move Adams contract for a running mate to go with SGA and an expiring.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: BOS - OKC - DET 

Post#2 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:50 am

So Boston trades Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, Romeo Langford, *and* the MEM pick for Blake and Steven Adams? That's an extraordinary overpay for a 30 year old big with a serious injury history who's already transitioning to "load management"..
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#3 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:52 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:So Boston trades Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, Romeo Langford, *and* the MEM pick for Blake and Steven Adams? That's an extraordinary overpay for a 30 year old big with a serious injury history who's already transitioning to "load management"..

Griffin and Adams would be a massive upgrade for you guys. Griffin would be your best player and he was awesome for us last year. You guys would become incredibly well balanced. Great offense with 3 go-to stars. Great defense with Brown, Tatum, Adams, and even Griffin when he's locked in. Great rebounding of course too. I would have you guys at least equal with MIL for number 2. PHI is one in my book.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#4 » by reload141 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:58 am

Hard pass.

Memphis pick to be excluded, I don’t mind the rest as much but I’d prefer to keep Smart.... money wouldn’t work though to bring in Adams and Griffin I assume
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#5 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:02 am

reload141 wrote:Hard pass.

Memphis pick to be excluded, I don’t mind the rest as much but I’d prefer to keep Smart.... money wouldn’t work though to bring in Adams and Griffin I assume

Yeah Smart was needed. Brown is like Smart light though, which is why I included him. Obviously not as good though. So the only problem is the MEM pick? What if you swapped that pick out for a lesser one?
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#6 » by reload141 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:04 am

DetroitPistons wrote:

Yeah Smart was needed. Brown is like Smart light though, which is why I included him. Obviously not as good though. So the only problem is the MEM pick? What if you swapped that pick out for a lesser one?

I’d prefer to keep Brown and substitute the Mil pick, and 2 more 1sts.

But I guess then Detroit would decline....
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#7 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:10 am

reload141 wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

I’d prefer to keep Brown and substitute the Mil pick, and 2 more 1sts.

But I guess then Detroit would decline....

Oh I see. I assumed a lot of BOS fans would be more inclined to trade Brown with his max contract demand. That's not a bad swap though. If you take Brown out I would at least want the MEM pick.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#8 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:24 am

I would be surprised and disappointed if, after passing on Kawhi, Jimmy Butler and Paul George, and missing on Anthony Davis, the fall-back for Boston would be pairing a 30-going-on-31 Blake Griffin with a 29-going-on-30 Kemba Walker by depleting our assets and depth and moving our other 29-going-on-30 all-star. Kemba, Hayward and Blake don't strike me as a championship "big three", they're a poor man's version of Allen/Pierce/Garnett, and I don't think they could get past Milwaukee or Philadelphia this year. Within a year or two, they won't be able to get past Orlando or Indiana. And within three years, the Brown/Hayward/Drummond Pistons could be better, especially if they dealt Langford/Sekou/Jackson for a real point guard..
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#9 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:27 am

Detroit gets the MEM pick, too? Like, that's a package for Karl-Anthony Towns, maybe.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#10 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Oct 4, 2019 11:33 am

Boston seems to be giving up too much but I like the team they'd end up with. I think it takes them from "distant 3rd in the East" to "competing for 1st in the East".

I'm not convinced this makes Detroit better but it certainly makes their future look better.

OKC is going to want at least a pick. They're almost certainly looking for youth and picks.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#11 » by Tiny ball » Fri Oct 4, 2019 7:57 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:So Boston trades Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, Romeo Langford, *and* the MEM pick for Blake and Steven Adams? That's an extraordinary overpay for a 30 year old big with a serious injury history who's already transitioning to "load management"..

Griffin and Adams would be a massive upgrade for you guys. Griffin would be your best player and he was awesome for us last year. You guys would become incredibly well balanced. Great offense with 3 go-to stars. Great defense with Brown, Tatum, Adams, and even Griffin when he's locked in. Great rebounding of course too. I would have you guys at least equal with MIL for number 2. PHI is one in my book.
To me that is massive over pay and I would love to trade Smart.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#12 » by Tiny ball » Fri Oct 4, 2019 8:00 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:I would be surprised and disappointed if, after passing on Kawhi, Jimmy Butler and Paul George, and missing on Anthony Davis, the fall-back for Boston would be pairing a 30-going-on-31 Blake Griffin with a 29-going-on-30 Kemba Walker by depleting our assets and depth and moving our other 29-going-on-30 all-star. Kemba, Hayward and Blake don't strike me as a championship "big three", they're a poor man's version of Allen/Pierce/Garnett, and I don't think they could get past Milwaukee or Philadelphia this year. Within a year or two, they won't be able to get past Orlando or Indiana. And within three years, the Brown/Hayward/Drummond Pistons could be better, especially if they dealt Langford/Sekou/Jackson for a real point guard..
Just play Tacko. He naturally will bruise and bloody the other teams players so much they will be happy to go on vacation.

Return to Trades and Transactions