Portland-Dallas-Memphis

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Portland-Dallas-Memphis 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Oct 7, 2019 4:24 am

Portland sends: Bazemore, 2020 1st (top 15 for 3 years then 2 2nds)
Portland receives: Kyle Anderson, Crowder, Dallas 2021 2nd

Dallas sends: Justin Jackson, Lee, 2021 2nd
Dallas receives: Bazemore

Memphis sends: Kyle Anderson, Crowder
Memphis receives: Justin Jackson, Lee

Why for Portland? They get 2 guys that could potentially be their starting forwards and help a ton with depth and versatility. They do give up a 1st which is rare, but they at least get a 2nd back.

Why for Dallas? They get a startable wing to pair with Luka who could guard the better wing in matchups for scraps.

Why for Memphis? Take a flier on Jackson, and add a 1st to their treasure chest for 2 guys that may not fit their timeline (Crowder may be a good locker room guy worth keeping around and i think they love Anderson so it may not happen anyways even if it's a good price.)
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,839

Re: Portland-Dallas-Memphis 

Post#2 » by giberish » Mon Oct 7, 2019 4:42 am

IMO you're wildly overrating Bazemore here. He's a mediocre backup. He's not startable unless you're desperate (or tanking/rebuilding). At this point Jackson's probably the better player or at least as good (as is Lee if he can get back healthy).

I can't see Dallas doing their part of this.

Then it's EC filler (what Memphis would view Bazemore as) + 1st (why not lotto-protected, nobody does top-15) for extra quality forwards. Maybe Memphis sends one of their own 2nds back instead to get a 1st.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#3 » by JRoy » Mon Oct 7, 2019 4:43 am

I don’t think Portland gives up a first for that.

Maybe for iggy and Crowder, and only if they are looking very strong at the deadline.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#4 » by E S V L » Mon Oct 7, 2019 2:07 pm

No idea why should Memphis seriously consider this trade
FK NFL
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,039

Post#5 » by daoneandonly » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:09 pm

Dont think Dallas should have to add any value to turn Lee into Baze. Both suck, Lee more so, but he's cheaper, so it evens out in that respect. Adding jackson and a 2nd just doesnt make any sense.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,826

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:22 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Dont think Dallas should have to add any value to turn Lee into Baze. Both suck, Lee more so, but he's cheaper, so it evens out in that respect. Adding jackson and a 2nd just doesnt make any sense.

Pretty much where I am. If Bazemore was bigger, you might could take me into Lee+a 2nd for him, but as is, my interest would only be if the cost was money only. I think for Jackson and a 2nd we could probably pry free Crowder who would make more sense.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,013

Post#7 » by vxmike » Mon Oct 7, 2019 11:07 pm

E S V L wrote:No idea why should Memphis seriously consider this trade

This. Crowder and Anderson have value. Why for Memphis?
expatbayern
Senior
And1: 213

Post#8 » by expatbayern » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:37 pm

vxmike wrote:
E S V L wrote:No idea why should Memphis seriously consider this trade

This. Crowder and Anderson have value. Why for Memphis?

I assume the first PDX is sending out is supposed to go to MEM. It's basically the same deal I and others have proposed for Iggy and Crowder (Baze and a first, also needs one small outgoing salary like Trent or Skal) but with Anderson swapped in. Not sure it makes as much sense for Memphis in that version, and not sure it adds anything to bring Dallas in.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#9 » by dakomish23 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:55 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Dont think Dallas should have to add any value to turn Lee into Baze. Both suck, Lee more so, but he's cheaper, so it evens out in that respect. Adding jackson and a 2nd just doesnt make any sense.

Pretty much where I am. If Bazemore was bigger, you might could take me into Lee+a 2nd for him, but as is, my interest would only be if the cost was money only. I think for Jackson and a 2nd we could probably pry free Crowder who would make more sense.

Undo the Rondo trade!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,826

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Oct 9, 2019 9:50 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Undo the Rondo trade!

Maybe my biggest crow eating ever from this board was how giddy I was the day the Mavs traded for him. I thought he addresses our biggest need and we might could be a 2nd round team one more time with Dirk. Then he totally broke the offense and quit on the team while turning Monta against the franchise in the process.

But hey we keep giving Dwight Powell big contracts so there's that?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions