Ibaka to Boston

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,094

Ibaka to Boston 

Post#1 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 5:16 pm

Unlikely trade partners, but posting this anyway:

TOR out: Ibaka, Powell, Stanley Johnson, 2020 Raps 1st top 10 prot (if not conveyed, then 3 2nds)

BOS out: Hayward, Brown, Kanter

Raptors get new starting wings to fill the hole.

Celtics get the center they need and a pick.

This could also be done with OG involved and/or different cost controlled pieces from Boston instead of Brown.
neno
Rookie
And1: 918

Re: Ibaka to Boston 

Post#2 » by neno » Mon Oct 7, 2019 7:00 pm

What we need is Siakam
TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#3 » by TheProfessor » Mon Oct 7, 2019 7:17 pm

Brown is bad and is about to be overpaid. Kanter is can't play defense and is a horrible fit for the raptors. Hayward as of now is still considered a bad contract by everyone that isn't a celtics fan and if Hayward is actually good then he'll just opt out next year. Raptors definitely will not give up a first for that package. Now if you some how wanted to switch Kanter and Brown for Smart then we may be able to have a conversation.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,826

Post#4 » by psman2 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 7:18 pm

Is Boston better here this year after this trade? I think I would hope for a Hayward rebound over taking this offer. Then reassess at the deadline or next year.

Or maybe a Hayward/Milwakuee 1st for Adams/Filler deal if they want a true center and reunite the stashe brothers.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#5 » by mademan » Mon Oct 7, 2019 7:28 pm

Both teams say no here. I think Boston is still on the Brown train and will live and die with his potential. I also dont think the Raps are down with paying a 1st to be the team to pay Brown.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#6 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 7, 2019 7:33 pm

If I were Ainge I wouldn't bother trading Hayward for a big making a lot of money like Ibaka or Adams. They have a decent stockpile of draft picks. Put them on the table and go get a young big still on their rookie contract like Sabonis, Carter, Bamba, Poetl, or Hayes.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,834

Post#7 » by Duffman100 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 7:37 pm

We gotta pay Brown AND Hayward and give up a first?

I'd rather wait until 2021 and see how the capspace pans out.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#8 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Oct 7, 2019 8:51 pm

neno wrote:What we need is Siakam

Boston has nothing that gets Siakam including Tatum.
Duffman100 wrote:We gotta pay Brown AND Hayward and give up a first?

I'd rather wait until 2021 and see how the capspace pans out.
Pretty much my feeling. Brown is a bad fit here and I don't want to pay him $15+ million long term plus having to worry about Anunoby and Siakam after next year. This makes Toronto a expensive team with no real direction but to be a treadmill team
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#9 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Oct 7, 2019 8:54 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I'm sure if Boston offered Tatum for Siakam Toronto takes it and runs.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,094

Post#10 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:02 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I'm sure if Boston offered Tatum for Siakam Toronto takes it and runs.

I think it's pretty close in value, and both teams probably stick with their guy. Siakam showed a different level in the playoffs, but Tatum is still very young.
mademan
RealGM

Post#11 » by mademan » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:02 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

I dont think so. Tatum is younger and he has more potential, but Siakam has been better to this point. Like many rookie contract trades, we like our player better, and they like theirs
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#12 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:17 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

How? Siakam is the much better defender and if he had a three point shot this wouldn't even be a thought. Siakam is the more talented of the two in terms of all around skill where as Tatum is the better scorer. I think Toronto is happy with what we are getting with Pascal and that's not a knock on Tatum he's obviously one of the more talented young players in the league but even ESPN had Pascal number #24 and Tatum #35 moving down from #25 in the previous year.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,732

Post#13 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Oct 8, 2019 12:15 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

The exaggeration is that Toronto takes Tatum for Siakam and runs....

As of today the value is close enough that neither team runs anywhere. Of course, this season could change everything, but as of right now Tatum's value is based on potential and Siakam's is based on one season.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#14 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:59 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Boston has nothing that gets Siakam including Tatum.

I think it's pretty close in value, and both teams probably stick with their guy. Siakam showed a different level in the playoffs, but Tatum is still very young.

He showed that with a higher usg his efficiency drops. Siakam quickly jumped to the most overated player on this board.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#15 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:12 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Boston has nothing that gets Siakam including Tatum.

How? Siakam is the much better defender and if he had a three point shot this wouldn't even be a thought. Siakam is the more talented of the two in terms of all around skill where as Tatum is the better scorer. I think Toronto is happy with what we are getting with Pascal and that's not a knock on Tatum he's obviously one of the more talented young players in the league but even ESPN had Pascal number #24 and Tatum #35 moving down from #25 in the previous year.

It's funny how Tatum has a good rookie year/playoffs and certain fans say he's overachieved yet when Siakam has one good year now he's going to be a star with a higher usg and no Leonard/Green(though efficiency points to the opposite). And the same ESPN ranking fans dismissed because of Boston's rankings last season is now being used in their arguement. Siakam is 26, he played net to a top two player in the league, and Toronto like they do a lot of players had him on the floor for a insane amount of minutes. What was he doing at 22? And how is he a much better defender?
mademan
RealGM

Post#16 » by mademan » Tue Oct 8, 2019 7:25 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

It's funny how Tatum has a good rookie year/playoffs and certain fans say he's overachieved yet when Siakam has one good year now he's going to be a star with a higher usg and no Leonard/Green(though efficiency points to the opposite). And the same ESPN ranking fans dismissed because of Boston's rankings last season is now being used in their arguement. Siakam is 26, he played net to a top two player in the league, and Toronto like they do a lot of players had him on the floor for a insane amount of minutes. What was he doing at 22? And how is he a much better defender?

He's 25. And by almost every measure last year, he completely thrashed Tatum. Tatum's argument is potential, not current on court production.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:44 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Unlikely trade partners, but posting this anyway:

TOR out: Ibaka, Powell, Stanley Johnson, 2020 Raps 1st top 10 prot (if not conveyed, then 3 2nds)

BOS out: Hayward, Brown, Kanter

Raptors get new starting wings to fill the hole.

Celtics get the center they need and a pick.

This could also be done with OG involved and/or different cost controlled pieces from Boston instead of Brown.

This is too much of a win now move for boston... and really what chances do they have to even be a top 6 team with a kemba/tatum/ibaka core? no brown/hayward, no depth, no bench etc

awful for boston
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#18 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 8, 2019 1:52 pm

LofJ wrote:If I were Ainge I wouldn't bother trading Hayward for a big making a lot of money like Ibaka or Adams. They have a decent stockpile of draft picks. Put them on the table and go get a young big still on their rookie contract like Sabonis, Carter, Bamba, Poetl, or Hayes.

They don’t really have a stockpile of picks anymore. They have the Memphis 1st, top 6 protected, and Milwaukee’s 1st this year, and their own going forward. That’s it. They’ve gone through their huge, massive pile of picks now.

This is the small backend issue of reloads where you have a TON of 1sts. There’s only 15 roster spots total and those picks will start building up. SOME of them have to be condensed or moved or you just run out of space.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#19 » by LofJ » Tue Oct 8, 2019 2:01 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
LofJ wrote:If I were Ainge I wouldn't bother trading Hayward for a big making a lot of money like Ibaka or Adams. They have a decent stockpile of draft picks. Put them on the table and go get a young big still on their rookie contract like Sabonis, Carter, Bamba, Poetl, or Hayes.

They don’t really have a stockpile of picks anymore. They have the Memphis 1st, top 6 protected, and Milwaukee’s 1st this year, and their own going forward. That’s it. They’ve gone through their huge, massive pile of picks now.

This is the small backend issue of reloads where you have a TON of 1sts. There’s only 15 roster spots total and those picks will start building up. SOME of them have to be condensed or moved or you just run out of space.

That Memphis pick is valuable and their own picks are a lot more valuable than they were a year ago. It's not the stockpile they had a few years ago, but it's enough to make a strong offer for a lot of players.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#20 » by Prokorov » Tue Oct 8, 2019 2:36 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

siakim is better then tatum by a wide margin. i get the age difference if the players were close. im still not sure tatum has the higher ceiling

Return to Trades and Transactions