Cp3 and adams to dallas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Cp3 and adams to dallas 

Post#1 » by Pinkyring » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:29 am

Mavs out
Steven Adams
Chris paul

Okc in
Tim hardaway jr
Courtney lee
Maxi kleber
Dorian finney Smith
Boban
Justin jackson

Mavs desperately need rebounding and adams provides that we also need a true pg, luka will handle it a lot but cp3 while overpaid can definitely add some value, this makes us a playoff team.

Okc goes full rebuild, saves money and gets a pretty good big in max and a decent wing in Jackson
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Re: Cp3 and adams to dallas 

Post#2 » by DetroitPistons » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:44 am

I like the idea of Adams in DAL but I think it would be a mistake to trade all of that depth for Paul. I'm also interested to see if Hardaway can become more consistent as the 3rd option now. If so he could be dangerous.
luka27
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#3 » by luka27 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:50 am

DetroitPistons wrote:I like the idea of Adams in DAL but I think it would be a mistake to trade all of that depth for Paul. I'm also interested to see if Hardaway can become more consistent as the 3rd option now. If so he could be dangerous.

If I learned anything in past years from being a Knicks fan is that don't expect any improvement from THJr. Best case scenario is that he becomes a 6th man, but even then you will be disappointed as his efficiency is really bad, same as his shot selection.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#4 » by DetroitPistons » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:10 am

luka27 wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:I like the idea of Adams in DAL but I think it would be a mistake to trade all of that depth for Paul. I'm also interested to see if Hardaway can become more consistent as the 3rd option now. If so he could be dangerous.

If I learned anything in past years from being a Knicks fan is that don't expect any improvement from THJr. Best case scenario is that he becomes a 6th man, but even then you will be disappointed as his efficiency is really bad, same as his shot selection.

I've noticed. I was just thinking maybe he could be more efficient with Doncic and KP commanding all the attention. Not holding my breath though.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Interesting proposal, but all of those players coming back to OKC simply means they, or someone else is going to be cut. There just aren't enough slots. So trim that list to perhaps the 3 best players and now the trade doesn't look too good for OKC.

If I'm Dallas, I'd love to get Adams. Not so sure about Paul. Sure he's a great player and certainly Dallas could use a solid PG but Paul seems like a poor fit based on his extremely high usage. What makes him a bad fit is that Doncic also has a very high usage rate and rightfully so. Dallas should want the ball in his hands.

If I'm Dallas, I still make the trade because I think Paul can adjust and help.
If I'm OKC, I'd have to say "not interested".
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:20 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Interesting proposal, but all of those players coming back to OKC simply means they, or someone else is going to be cut. There just aren't enough slots. So trim that list to perhaps the 3 best players and now the trade doesn't look too good for OKC.

Yeah this is an issue. Kleber and THJ are owed too much money to simply cut and I'm not sure DFS and Jackson intrigue them more than some of their own wings.

Now if they are just desperate to get out of that last year of Paul, I guess. But this deal seems just really awkward for them.

Not sure Dallas should be doing something like this, but that's a significant talent upgrade. The problem would be they literally have no wing depth at all after that deal. Roby and Broehkoff aren't ready to be serious rotation guys but they'd have to be here.

Just too much money for Dallas to match and too many contracts for OKC to have to take back. Probably better to look at a Dallas deal for just one or the other. Much more doable.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#7 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Interesting proposal, but all of those players coming back to OKC simply means they, or someone else is going to be cut. There just aren't enough slots. So trim that list to perhaps the 3 best players and now the trade doesn't look too good for OKC.

Yeah this is an issue. Kleber and THJ are owed too much money to simply cut and I'm not sure DFS and Jackson intrigue them more than some of their own wings.

Now if they are just desperate to get out of that last year of Paul, I guess. But this deal seems just really awkward for them.

Not sure Dallas should be doing something like this, but that's a significant talent upgrade. The problem would be they literally have no wing depth at all after that deal. Roby and Broehkoff aren't ready to be serious rotation guys but they'd have to be here.

Just too much money for Dallas to match and too many contracts for OKC to have to take back. Probably better to look at a Dallas deal for just one or the other. Much more doable.

I've been trying to make Dallas deals but it's very hard to do without ruining the wing position, as THjr and Lee are the only salary to match and Jackson one of the few assets to utilize. I really don't want to move Adams. And I'm somewhat content to ride CP out for now, but I'll probably regret saying that.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#8 » by gom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 pm

http://tradenba.com/trades/S1I8HBLZr

Courtney Lee + Tim Hardaway for Chris Paul + CHI SRP 2021 + LAC FRP 2022 + MIA FRP 2023.

Saves $5.7M for OKC this season.

Tim Hardaway ($18.975m for 2020-2021 vs Chris Paul for 2020-2021: $41,358,814) = $22.4m in 2020-2021.

Plus $44,211,146 in 2021-2022.

For net savings of $72.3m
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,758

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
I've been trying to make Dallas deals but it's very hard to do without ruining the wing position, as THjr and Lee are the only salary to match and Jackson one of the few assets to utilize. I really don't want to move Adams. And I'm somewhat content to ride CP out for now, but I'll probably regret saying that.

Yeah Dallas is hard pressed to make any major trades. They owe picks out for years and none of their young players hold much value. I like Brunson quite a bit, but probably half the teams in the league have a young guard they like as much. And other than Lee all their matching contracts have multiple years left.

I think the only likely deal for Dallas would be something at the deadline involving Lee and minor assets taking back a longer contract attached to a better player. Maybe you could add THJ to that if it was a really big contract and they were getting a wing back.

Dallas pretty much locked the core of this roster in this summer with all those 3 and 4 year deals they handed out.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#10 » by Pinkyring » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

I hear you about the wing depth but lets be honest, do you really think dfs, jj, and lee matter for this team? I dont so yeah we have a lot of wings but frankly I'd rather not see any of those guys in important games as all three are bit players
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,600

Post#11 » by Swish1906 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Not this again. Mavs dont give up their 2021 max cap slot for such a Paket. They have zero need for additional playmaking

If they want Adams, his asking prize is going to drop. But to take on Paul Just to get Adams is stupid. Paul is also a borderline locker room cancer, dont wanna have him near Luka and KP

So again: the Mavs are never ever going to touch Paul. Not at the begin of their new era. During Dirks last years maybe, but not now. Same with Wiggins or Blake etc
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#12 » by Pinkyring » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 am

Swish1906 wrote:Not this again. Mavs dont give up their 2021 max cap slot for such a Paket. They have zero need for additional playmaking

If they want Adams, his asking prize is going to drop. But to take on Paul Just to get Adams is stupid. Paul is also a borderline locker room cancer, dont wanna have him near Luka and KP

So again: the Mavs are never ever going to touch Paul. Not at the begin of their new era. During Dirks last years maybe, but not now. Same with Wiggins or Blake etc

This team has no shot at any max free agent that'll make a difference we'll just waste it on borderline role players like usual
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,393

Post#13 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:39 am

If you’re trading for Adams I’d keep Kleber and dump Powell.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Swish1906
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Swish1906 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:44 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:Not this again. Mavs dont give up their 2021 max cap slot for such a Paket. They have zero need for additional playmaking

This team has no shot at any max free agent that'll make a difference we'll just waste it on borderline role players like usual

Dont need to be a star, im gladly throwing 20m at Otto Porter. Amazing fit.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#15 » by 2011Champs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:02 pm

I’d do this trade for Dallas in a heartbeat. All the players going out from Dallas are easily replaceable G-league quality players. Mavs completely punted away any opportunities they had in the off season to put a legitimate NBA roster around Luka and Porzingis. Adams and Paul would add two more starters at least and Mavs could fill out the roster with different spare players.

I don’t think it’s realistic unless OKC is committed to a hard tank. Otherwise OKC could probably get better value elsewhere.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#16 » by Pinkyring » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:

Dont need to be a star, im gladly throwing 20m at Otto Porter. Amazing fit.

He'll be a free agent next summer and we don't have 20m
Swish1906
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Swish1906 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm

He has a 28m player option and im pretty confident that he is taking it. Also the 2021 has much more FA money available.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#18 » by daoneandonly » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Swish1906 wrote:He has a 28m player option and im pretty confident that he is taking it. Also the 2021 has much more FA money available.

Agree we should go as far away from CP3 as possible. He's a malcontent, a terrible leader, always injured, and massively overpaid. You don't trade for a guy like that just to get a a guy whose very solid, but who's position is becoming less and less relevant in today's game.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,245

Post#19 » by mademan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:42 pm

In general, i love the fit of both on the team, and given reasonable health, this would honestly make them a dark horse for a title.

That said, Dallas has only really a couple shots to build around Luka/KP long term. With Luka on his rookie contract for 3 more years, theyre going to have max cap space, a strong young core and Texas taxes to offer a big FA in 2021. I dont think you sell that for an outside shot this year
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#20 » by cjmcallist » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:27 pm

gom wrote:http://tradenba.com/trades/S1I8HBLZr

Courtney Lee + Tim Hardaway for Chris Paul + CHI SRP 2021 + LAC FRP 2022 + MIA FRP 2023.

Saves $5.7M for OKC this season.

Tim Hardaway ($18.975m for 2020-2021 vs Chris Paul for 2020-2021: $41,358,814) = $22.4m in 2020-2021.

Plus $44,211,146 in 2021-2022.

For net savings of $72.3m

I opened this in a new browser, logged in, came back to this thread, scrolled down, and quoted this just to say, "No". That's how much I dislike this as an OKC fan.

I don't think that it will take this much to trade CP3, but if it does, OKC will just hold onto him. I think we'd rather be a middling team with a disgruntled vet than give up two FRPs.

Return to Trades and Transactions