Ingram to OKC, Iggy, Crowder to NO

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Ingram to OKC, Iggy, Crowder to NO 

Post#1 » by giberish » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 am

NO trades Ingram, Moore, Miller for Iguodala, Crowder, 2021 Miami 1st

Right now NO has too many ball-handlers and guard and not enough shooters and forwards. Ball, Ingram and Zion are all below-average 3-point threats from their positions, and all want to make plays with the ball. Holiday's their best player, but who's helping to spread the floor around him? They've also got no real backup SF on the roster, and extra guards. This deal give them two SF options that can play off the ball, make catch and shoot 3's and play solid (or better) defense. Both fit better then Ingram and loosing Moore doesn't hurt with all their guard depth. They get an extra 1st to cover the prospect value of Ingram.

OKC trades Roberson, 2020 Denver 1st, 2021 Miami 1st for Ingram

OKC cashes in part of their large pick stash to get a young player who can help them now and also be a big long-term piece for them.

Memphis trades Crowder, Iguodala for Roberson, Moore, Miller, 2020 Denver 1st

Memphis gets a late 1st and some better roster fits for their extra veteran SFs.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Re: Ingram to OKC, Iggy, Crowder to NO 

Post#2 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:16 am

Ingram has more value than this imo. I also think Memphis would likely just cut OKC out and add a 1st if that's what it took. {OKC would likely cut Memphis out too if need be.)
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#3 » by Coeur » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:45 am

Okc not getting Ingram for a late 20’s pick from Denver, a bad contract and a future Miami pick.

NO clearly says no.
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#4 » by ADMVP » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:38 pm

No

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#5 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:36 pm

You say NO needs more shooting but they trading for Iggy and Crowder?
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#6 » by Mykhyn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:50 pm

I still like the idea of Covington for Pelicans
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#7 » by giberish » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:23 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:You say NO needs more shooting but they trading for Iggy and Crowder?

They're more natural catch and shoot guys, who - unlike Ingram - don't need the ball much on offense. They also upgrade the Pells defense which is useful.

Ingram's value is tough to judge as he's still kind of a boom or bust prospect. He's weak on role player skills (mostly off the ball offense, and isn't that good on defense). He might become good enough for a star role on a good team, but if he can't then his limited role player skills really hurt.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#8 » by LofJ » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:41 pm

I'd love to have Ingram in Charlotte. Outside of Monk we don't have any players on our roster with the talent to potentially carry the team on offense. I like Miles Bridges, I think he'll be an elite role-player one day, but our team is rebuilding so he will be wasted trying to fill a role he isn't able to fill. I'd be willing to trade him for Ingram, but I doubt that would be enough.

Regardless though I agree with others that Ingram needs to go to a team where he can be the offensive focus. Any rebuilding team like the Thunder, Hornets, Grizzlies, Cavs, etc. would be a good place for him.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#9 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:50 pm

giberish wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:You say NO needs more shooting but they trading for Iggy and Crowder?

They're more natural catch and shoot guys, who - unlike Ingram - don't need the ball much on offense. They also upgrade the Pells defense which is useful.

Ingram's value is tough to judge as he's still kind of a boom or bust prospect. He's weak on role player skills (mostly off the ball offense, and isn't that good on defense). He might become good enough for a star role on a good team, but if he can't then his limited role player skills really hurt.

Some players are catch and shoot guys because they can't dribble lol Ingram is good enough shooter to catch and shoot at Iggy and Crowder rate. Iggy has some handles but Crowder shouldn't do too much dribbling.

I think Pels let Ingram boom or bust for them. Trading him for defenders when the team is rebuilding seem like a year or two too soon.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#10 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Given that Minny has said they don't really want Ingram, I think a 3 way with OKC could work because I do like Covington in NO.

OKC out: Roberson, Nader, 2020 DEN 1st, 2021 MIA 1st, 2023 MIA 1st lotto prot for 2 years
OKC in: Ingram, Miller

NOP out: Ingram, Miller
NOP in: RoCo, Nader

MIN out: RoCo
MIN in: Roberson, 2020 DEN 1st, 2021 MIA 1st, 2023 MIA 1st
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#11 » by Resistance » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:06 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
giberish wrote:

Some players are catch and shoot guys because they can't dribble lol Ingram is good enough shooter to catch and shoot at Iggy and Crowder rate. Iggy has some handles but Crowder shouldn't do too much dribbling.

I think Pels let Ingram boom or bust for them. Trading him for defenders when the team is rebuilding seem like a year or two too soon.

Ingram is in the last year of his rookie contract. If they decide he isn't going to be part of their future, then they need to flip him by the trade deadline for whatever they can get rather than let him leave as a free agent next July.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#12 » by Resistance » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:19 pm

LofJ wrote:I'd love to have Ingram in Charlotte. Outside of Monk we don't have any players on our roster with the talent to potentially carry the team on offense. I like Miles Bridges, I think he'll be an elite role-player one day, but our team is rebuilding so he will be wasted trying to fill a role he isn't able to fill. I'd be willing to trade him for Ingram, but I doubt that would be enough.

Regardless though I agree with others that Ingram needs to go to a team where he can be the offensive focus. Any rebuilding team like the Thunder, Hornets, Grizzlies, Cavs, etc. would be a good place for him.

Being the focus on a bad team would work for only a few years provided that the team is able to eventually turn their situation around. Once they start improving and have a player (or players) more talented than Ingram, then he will no longer be the focus on offense and will need to transition into being more of a role player. If he is unable to transition to a lesser role, then he will need to be traded because he will continue to try and be the focus whenever he is on the court and the team won't want that from him.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,280

Post#13 » by babyjax13 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:05 pm

giberish wrote:

Crowder and Iggy are pretty poor options as catch and shoot guys.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions