NO / CLE TRADE

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

NO / CLE TRADE 

Post#1 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Cleveland Trades
Larry Nance Jr
Cedi Osman
Dylan Windler

New Orleans Trades
Brandon Ingram
E'Tuwan Moore

WHY FOR CLEVELAND
They make a move for BI and hope that he develops into a star. At only 22 he is the type of talent that a rebuild team like CLE just cant pass up on IMO.

PG - Darius Garland / Collin Sexton / Matt Dellavedova
SG - Kevin Porter Jr / Jordan Clarkson / Brandon Knight
SF - Brandon Ingram / E'Tuwan Moore / Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
PF - Kevin Love / John Henson / Jarell Martin
C - Tristan Thompson / Ante Zizic / Marques Bolden

WHY FOR NO
This deal, to me, helps round out their roster. They get two SF that project as really good complimentary fits next to Zion and a high energy hustle big that is locked up for years at a reasonable rate.

PG - Lonzo Ball / Nickeli Alexander-Walker / Frank Jackson
SG - Jrue Holiday / JJ Reddick / Josh Hart
SF - Cedi Osman / Dylan Windler / Darius Miller
PF - Zion Williamson / Larry Nance Jr / Nicolo Melli
C - Derrick Favors / Larry Nance Jr / Jaxton Hayes
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 817

Re: NO / CLE TRADE 

Post#2 » by ADMVP » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Are you high? No way.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#3 » by Revenged25 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:09 pm

Nance is our only big locked up longterm besides Love. Also BI will likely be seeking a max or near max contract after this season, the Cavs will have the money but I'm not sure he's shown enough to warrant such a contract, though playing in Beilein's offense he likely could. Also I don't think NO would make this trade as is unless they really liked Windler and Nance, which granted I think they are definitely value. Osman is a good defender when playing SF, but is probably more of a Point Forward as well so probably not a great fit for NO.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:23 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Cleveland Trades
Larry Nance Jr
Cedi Osman
Dylan Windler

New Orleans Trades
Brandon Ingram
E'Tuwan Moore

WHY FOR CLEVELAND
They make a move for BI and hope that he develops into a star. At only 22 he is the type of talent that a rebuild team like CLE just cant pass up on IMO.

PG - Darius Garland / Collin Sexton / Matt Dellavedova
SG - Kevin Porter Jr / Jordan Clarkson / Brandon Knight
SF - Brandon Ingram / E'Tuwan Moore / Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
PF - Kevin Love / John Henson / Jarell Martin
C - Tristan Thompson / Ante Zizic / Marques Bolden

WHY FOR NO
This deal, to me, helps round out their roster. They get two SF that project as really good complimentary fits next to Zion and a high energy hustle big that is locked up for years at a reasonable rate.

PG - Lonzo Ball / Nickeli Alexander-Walker / Frank Jackson
SG - Jrue Holiday / JJ Reddick / Josh Hart
SF - Cedi Osman / Dylan Windler / Darius Miller
PF - Zion Williamson / Larry Nance Jr / Nicolo Melli
C - Derrick Favors / Larry Nance Jr / Jaxton Hayes

I can't see the Pels making this trade unless Ingram is projecting poorly medically
and won't be worth the risk of paying in the future.
The Cavs would not move Nance at all, he is the heart and soul of the roster.
Cedi is worth more than this etc
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#5 » by Coeur » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:28 pm

You forgot the unprotected picks. I love Larry nance Jr and Cedi but Atleast show the picks because there’s no way you believe this value is close.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Coeur wrote:You forgot the unprotected picks. I love Larry nance Jr and Cedi but Atleast show the picks because there’s no way you believe this value is close.

Given Ingrams health situation there is no way CLE does this so idk what the hell you smokin
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

Post#7 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:16 pm

You forgot the unprotected picks. I love Larry nance Jr and Cedi but Atleast show the picks because there’s no way you believe this value is close.

I guess that I just don't value Ingram as much as some others. He is a looming FA, ball dominant on a team that needs off ball guys and has that health issue (Which, IMO, is overblown).

I believe its a good move for CLE despite the above because while he is a looming FA, he is a RFA and CLE isn't ever going to attract FA's. So they move guys with lower ceilings for a chance at a big payoff and have him secured for this season + RFA contract.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#8 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:46 pm

If money works, swap Moore out for Miller, and add a Cleveland 1st and it's closer. That being said, I doubt either team does it.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm

The Cavs aren't touching this. The term unavailable is overused but the Cavs really like Nance and Cedi. They just drafted Windler. There are still substantial questions marks surrounding Ingram's health and he's in the last year of his rookie deal. The Cavs are overloaded at guard already. Moore would be wasted here.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:56 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

I guess that I just don't value Ingram as much as some others. He is a looming FA, ball dominant on a team that needs off ball guys and has that health issue (Which, IMO, is overblown).

I believe its a good move for CLE despite the above because while he is a looming FA, he is a RFA and CLE isn't ever going to attract FA's. So they move guys with lower ceilings for a chance at a big payoff and have him secured for this season + RFA contract.

no it is'nt and anything like it will make teams nervous about signing him to any long term contract so there would never be any value in giving up 2 above average starters who have not reached their ceilings for 1 above average starter that was expected to at minimum be a box office get if not a superstar and has not come close to being either in 3 seasons so expecting it now is fools gold.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#11 » by giberish » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:49 am

Something like: Ingram for Cedi/Wilder/pick?

I don't see Nance being valued by NO, but he's probably Cleveland's starting C (for now at least) so just leave him out. Of course both teams are deep at guard and thin at forward, which is an issue (and figuring out the exact value for Ingram is a big issue as well).
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:15 am

giberish wrote:Something like: Ingram for Cedi/Wilder/pick?

I don't see Nance being valued by NO, but he's probably Cleveland's starting C (for now at least) so just leave him out. Of course both teams are deep at guard and thin at forward, which is an issue (and figuring out the exact value for Ingram is a big issue as well).
Why would any team pay premium to assume a risk that they don't have to carry? I like Ingram and wish him well, but he's a season away from getting paid and his medical condition is potentially career ending. I have no interest in parting with Cedi, a guy we just drafted in the first round, and a pick for the privilege of assuming that risk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions