DAL | MIN | NO | SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,380

DAL | MIN | NO | SAC 

Post#1 » by drosestruts » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:56 pm

4 team, 6 player trade:

Dallas in: E'twuan Moore
Dallas out: Jalen Brunson, Utah 2020 2nd round pick

Minnesota in: Brandon Ingram
Minnesota out: Robert Covington

New Orleans in: Robert Covington and Nemanja Bjelica
New Orleans out: Brandon Ingram and E'twuan Moore

Sacramento in: Jalen Brunson and Utah 2020 2nd round pick
Sacramento out: Nemanja Bjelica

Dallas:
Adds a sharp-shooting 3-point shooter to their lineup. Not sure where Moore fits on the current Pelicans roster given position and minutes available, think they can use his value for upgrades at the forward spots.

Minnesota:
Moves out the proven known commodity of Covington for the younger, streakier, soon to need an extension Brandon Ingram. We saw the Wolves aggressively pursue D'Angelo Russel this off-season, I don't think that appetite has been satisfied yet and I expect them to try to find someone with build around Culver and KAT with.

New Orleans:
I don't like Ingram's fit with their roster and I just don't see minutes for Moore so I move them for a better fit in Covington who will provide shooting and stellar defense alongside Ball-Jrue-Favors in the starting lineup. The Ball won't stick in Covington's hands like it does Ingrams and he's a better shooter/defender. Bjelica is a big talent upgrade in the front-court and provides depth/balance to New Orleans roster.

Sacramento:
With Bagley, Holmes, Barnes and Giles the forward position was very crowded in Sacramento. They grab some point guard depth and a 2nd round pick for a player not likely to see many minutes for them this season.

It might seem a little light for Ingram - but I'm not sure what market exists for him out there, and this is a deal that could be done now as none of the included players we're signed to new contracts during the off-season.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Re: DAL | MIN | NO | SAC 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Can't see Dallas giving up Brunson for Moore after the signing of Curry who fills that shooter role for the team. With Barea getting older and coming off that achilles injury I think Dallas values Brunson as an inexpensive backup PG.

Can't see Minny giving up Covington for Ingram. I don't think Ingram has this value and his fit is worse.

Pelicans and Kings would have to make these deals on value alone. Significant wins for them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#3 » by jscott » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:16 pm

I’d rather keep RoCo under contract for the next 3 than be on the hook for Ingrams extension at this point. He’s averaged on 56 games the last 2 seasons and coupled with the blood clots I wouldn’t wanna roll the dice on him for the cost of Big Stop Bob.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#4 » by Resistance » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Dallas:
Moore would go to Dallas using some of the Barnes TPE. Maybe Dallas will do this trade and maybe they won't.

Minnesota:
Very similar to recent Jaylen Brown for Covington discussions. Both Brown and Ingram will need new contracts and they are not similar to Covington. I don't have Ingram as physical - strong enough to play some minutes at PF. So Ingram would be a SF that wants/needs the ball as does Wiggins at SG. It doesn't feel this is the direction that Minnesota should go with their roster.

New Orleans:
Not a bad trade for them since Covington knows that he is a role player while Ingram might not readily accept that as his future.

Sacramento:
I don't see Brunson as a need for the Kings since they signed Cory Joseph as the backup PG. If they could redirect Brunson to another team for a second, then it would make more sense for them.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#5 » by wolves_89 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:46 pm

Wolves pass. Ingram doesn't have the value to bring back Covington in trade, especially not when Ingram is likely to get paid much more than I'd have any interest in paying him.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#6 » by Resistance » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Can't see Dallas giving up Brunson for Moore after the signing of Curry who fills that shooter role for the team. With Barea getting older and coming off that achilles injury I think Dallas values Brunson as an inexpensive backup PG.

Can't see Minny giving up Covington for Ingram. I don't think Ingram has this value and his fit is worse.

Pelicans and Kings would have to make these deals on value alone. Significant wins for them.

I had Ingram at best worth a lottery protected first during the summer and expect his value to decline quite a bit by the trade deadline.

A New Orleans game thread was similar to Lakers game threads in the past. Ingram is getting a reputation as a ball stopper.

New Orleans has Zion, Holiday, Ball and NAW to handle and distribute. I don't know if Ingram can adapt enough and accept the role that he needs to play on that roster.

He didn't fit well with the Lakers once LeBron joined the team. Some similarities to his new situation with the Pelicans.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Can't see Dallas giving up Brunson for Moore after the signing of Curry who fills that shooter role for the team. With Barea getting older and coming off that achilles injury I think Dallas values Brunson as an inexpensive backup PG.

Bjelica > Brunson, so my first thought was no. But I guess you see more of Brunson than stats suggest
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#8 » by blind prophet » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:43 pm

No thanks from Sac.

Bjelica spacing is fantastic. He'll see the floor when appropriate. Team control if we want to keep him around next year.

Now if the season is a disaster for some reason I'd be more willing to trade him close to the deadline.
Texas Chuck

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:47 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
Bjelica > Brunson, so my first thought was no. But I guess you see more of Brunson than stats suggest

As players? It's probably close and I wouldn't argue against Bjelica I guess. But in terms of value it's almost certainly Bruson right? 3 more really cheap years. Add to that the Kings need a backup PG upgrade and all the stories I've been hearing is that Bjelica may get squeezed out of the rotation. Although maybe the national guys have that wrong?

IDK, if you have Bjelica's role being significantly reduced and you could turn him into a dirt cheap rotation ready player at an area of need under control for several more years it feels like a win.

that said, if the idea is that Bjelica is still going to play 20-25 mpg then I can appreciate keeping him over making this deal as backup PG's can be found. But it would be passing on value for sure imo.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#10 » by blind prophet » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

As players? It's probably close and I wouldn't argue against Bjelica I guess. But in terms of value it's almost certainly Bruson right? 3 more really cheap years. Add to that the Kings need a backup PG upgrade and all the stories I've been hearing is that Bjelica may get squeezed out of the rotation. Although maybe the national guys have that wrong?

IDK, if you have Bjelica's role being significantly reduced and you could turn him into a dirt cheap rotation ready player at an area of need under control for several more years it feels like a win.

that said, if the idea is that Bjelica is still going to play 20-25 mpg then I can appreciate keeping him over making this deal as backup PG's can be found. But it would be passing on value for sure imo.

Giles is very popular here, I think sometimes people over rate what he can do depending on who he is paired with. He's going to be battling more with Holmes than Bjelica I'd wager.

I think unless there is some athletic issues on defense, Bjelica gets the bulk of the backup 4 minutes.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,620

Post#11 » by Swish1906 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 pm

BoogieTime wrote:

Post ASG as a Starter beside Luka almost 15/3/5 on really nice shooting. Really calm and smart playing. He is going to be Bareas replacement. Under contract for three more years at 1.5m. so His contract has incredible value, much higher than Moores
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#12 » by Darren » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:16 am

I think the Mavs is more interested in Covington who's a natural 3D player the Mavs lack in the starting lineup.

Courtney (EXP) & Brunson for Covington & Vonleh works for me. I wonder if Minny's interested. Brunson could get Minny a replacement to Jeff Teague after this season on rookie contract. Meanwhile, the Mavs clear a long jam at guard (assume Barea can play) and fix the lack of frontcourt rotation piece.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#13 » by wolves_89 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 am

Darren wrote:I think the Mavs is more interested in Covington who's a natural 3D player the Mavs lack in the starting lineup.

Courtney (EXP) & Brunson for Covington & Vonleh works for me. I wonder if Minny's interested. Brunson could get Minny a replacement to Jeff Teague after this season on rookie contract. Meanwhile, the Mavs clear a long jam at guard (assume Barea can play) and fix the lack of frontcourt rotation piece.

I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Wolves would have absolutely zero interest in Lee+Brunson for Covington+Vonleh.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,602

Post#14 » by shrink » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:54 am

wolves_89 wrote:
Darren wrote:I think the Mavs is more interested in Covington who's a natural 3D player the Mavs lack in the starting lineup.

I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Wolves would have absolutely zero interest in Lee+Brunson for Covington+Vonleh.

This value is way off.

Plus, are you aware that Brunson’s dad had to resign from the Wolves for sexual harassment complaints?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Texas Chuck

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:21 pm

wolves_89 wrote:

Yeah that's just not remotely close in terms of value. Dallas doesn't realistically have the pieces to add Covington. I mean I suppose we could be another team willing to just trade every other pick and a bunch of swaps but that feels misguided and on top of that Minny shouldn't be looking to deal him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#16 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Chuck we just signed Joseph to basically a 2/26 million dollar deal. We overpaid signifcantly, can't imagine they go for another backup pg and push this guy out of the rotation already. We also have Yogi who should be a fine 3rd stringer.
Texas Chuck

Post#17 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:11 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Chuck we just signed Joseph to basically a 2/26 million dollar deal. We overpaid signifcantly, can't imagine they go for another backup pg and push this guy out of the rotation already. We also have Yogi who should be a fine 3rd stringer.

I had forgotten all about CuJo. :oops: So that's totally on me.

Thanks for setting me straight on that one.

Can't wait for some Kings/Mavs action. Teams aren't quite as good (yet :D ) as those teams that met every year in the playoffs in the early 00's, but man should both teams be highly entertaining this year and if Bagley continues to prove me wrong the Kings could be a playoff team this year.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#18 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I had forgotten all about CuJo. :oops: So that's totally on me.

Thanks for setting me straight on that one.

Can't wait for some Kings/Mavs action. Teams aren't quite as good (yet :D ) as those teams that met every year in the playoffs in the early 00's, but man should both teams be highly entertaining this year and if Bagley continues to prove me wrong the Kings could be a playoff team this year.

I'm very excited as well. Made another bet with one of my good friends whose a Mavericks fan on season win totals!

Last time we bet was in 2016-2017 when you guys edged us out by one win!

Return to Trades and Transactions