BOS - DEN - ORL - SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 480

BOS - DEN - ORL - SAC 

Post#1 » by bpcox05 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:49 pm

--------------------------------------------

BOS Gets: Marvin Bagley & Juancho Hernangomez
BOS Gives: Jayson Tatum & Semi Ojeleye
Why for BOS? With their current wing depth, they move one to get a top big man prospect. His rookie deal is also 1 year longer which could play a big role in 2021 free agency.

PG - Walker / Smart / Edwards / Wanamaker
SG - Brown / Langford
SF - Hayward / Williams
PF - Bagley / Theis / Hernangomez
C - Williams / Kanter / Poirer

DEN Gets: Harrison Barnes & Semi Ojeleye
DEN Gives: Mason Plumlee, Michael Porter Jr., & Jauncho Hernangomez
Why for DEN? They move a young prospect and some backups for an upgrade at SF to help them win the championship this year.

PG - Murray / Morris / Dozier
SG - Harris / Beasley
SF - Barnes / Barton / Craig / Cancar
PF - Millsap / Grant / Ojeleye / Vanderbilt
C - Jokic / Zeller

ORL Gets: Michael Porter Jr.
ORL Gives: Mo Bamba
Why for ORL? With Vucevic signed long term, the Magic move a C with potential for a SF/PF with potential. He could end up finding some time behind Gordon & Isaac and be a good complement with his shooting & scoring skills.

PG - Fultz / Augustin / Carter-Williams
SG - Fournier / Ross / Frazier
SF - Gordon / Porter Jr. / Iwundu
PF - Isaac / Aminu
C - Vucevic / Birch / Humphries

SAC Gets: Mason Plumlee, Jayson Tatum, & Mo Bamba
SAC Gives: Harrison Barnes & Marvin Bagley
Why for SAC? Kings lean into the 4 out system with Bamba being their to anchor the defense, clean the boards, and be a lob threat. Tatum gives them a potential star on the wing to go along with Fox long term, and the Kings would have the ability to have $26.4 mil in cap space next offseason with the following players still under contract: Fox, Joseph, Hield (cap hold), Bogdanovic (cap hold), James, Tatum, Holmes, Giles, Dedmon, & Bamba.

PG - Fox / Joseph / Ferrell
SG - Hield / Bogdanovic / James
SF - Tatum / Ariza
PF - Bjelica / Giles / Holmes / Swanigan
C - Bamba / Dedmon / Plumlee
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Re: BOS - DEN - ORL - SAC 

Post#2 » by Coeur » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:01 pm

Terrible bad for Denver.
bpcox05
Veteran

Post#3 » by bpcox05 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Coeur wrote:Terrible bad for Denver.

Reasoning is welcome in this thread, but I hope you don't say it's bad because Bogdanovic is not going to Denver :P
CalOrl11
Pro Prospect
And1: 453

Post#4 » by CalOrl11 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:30 pm

I would love this trade as a Magic fan but no way does Denver say yes and the Celtics wouldn't either
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Your not understanding that only Kings fans think of Barnes as a positive contract. I’ve seen you including him as positive value a lot, and you’ve gotten feedback on it
bpcox05
Veteran

Post#6 » by bpcox05 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:58 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Your not understanding that only Kings fans think of Barnes as a positive contract. I’ve seen you including him as positive value a lot, and you’ve gotten feedback on it

I've included him with Hield for Turner, and I included him in a trade for Porter & Felicio (people have questioned Porter's contract as having negative value and Felicio is definitely a negative contract). I wouldn't consider that a lot...
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#7 » by tiderulz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 pm

this Orlando fan says no. MPJ is thought of as a Kevin Durant light because of his size. He cant create for himself and was a good jump shooter over much smaller players. I dont think he will be an impactful player. Also, Orlando already has plenty of Combo forwards on the roster.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#8 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:50 pm

I could see how there's intrigue to see what Porter can do but I actually think it's horrible for Orl because he doesn't have a whole lot of value and is a injury risk. I think Sac makes out way too good also, I not only don't see Orl moving Bamba for that but I don't Boston trades Tatum for Bagley.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#9 » by Coeur » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:36 pm

bpcox05 wrote:

Reasoning is welcome in this thread, but I hope you don't say it's bad because Bogdanovic is not going to Denver :P

That’s a reason. Main reason is you then pay big contracts for Harrison Barnes, Gary Harris, will Barton, and have Beasley, Torrey Craig, Grant, And hernangomez contracts coming up??

And giving away MPJ to take on a terrible contract? Nope terrible. Don’t know why anyone would assume Denver could like that at all.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,568

Post#10 » by nomansland » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:47 am

Harrison Barnes is not the difference between a championship or not in Denver. Porter's worth holding onto and Juancho can be turned into at least a draft pick if they want to move him. This trade would never happen.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,568

Post#11 » by nomansland » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:47 am

Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Post#12 » by Creativetran » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:05 am

CalOrl11 wrote:I would love this trade as a Magic fan but no way does Denver say yes and the Celtics wouldn't either

How many SF/PFs do you want on the Magic? If I were to trade Bamba it would be for PG help.
CalOrl11
Pro Prospect
And1: 453

Post#13 » by CalOrl11 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:41 am

Creativetran wrote:
CalOrl11 wrote:I would love this trade as a Magic fan but no way does Denver say yes and the Celtics wouldn't either

How many SF/PFs do you want on the Magic? If I were to trade Bamba it would be for PG help.

If I'm being honest I'm not high on Bamba at all. It probably would be better to trade him for a PG but I really like MPJ
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#14 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:15 am

Boston is not about to trade Tatum and while Bagley is tempting - they will say no.

Is this an upgrade for Denver? Well, it depends on how you view Porter. Denver gambled on him and it seems highly unlikely they will now trade him; especially for two SFs. Denver already has plenty of SFs and throwing in one of their two centers makes no sense.

Orlando is not going to trade Bamba for a gamble on a back injury. Denver can afford to gamble on Porter, Orlando can not.

Sacramento should make this deal. They'll hate giving up Bagley but IMO Tatum alone is worth that; but if you disagree with that, they'll also get Bamba. It's worth the deal.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,248

Post#15 » by RRFB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:48 pm

I think it's a pretty easy no for Denver. Barnes is a good player, but the Nuggets don't need a guy like him to be their 5th starter. His contract would almost surely cost them at least one of Grant, Millsap, or Beasley next summer too.

I'm fine with people devaluing MPJ right now, but I think a lot of you are forgetting that he's just a couple months of good health and decent play away from having immense value. The Nuggets invested an entire year into his health and we're finally about to see what he can do. There's no reason they would sell low on him now, at least not in a trade like this.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,828

Post#16 » by giberish » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:23 pm

I agree that this is bad for Denver. They've already got plenty of meh SF options. They don't need to add another making $20M/yr, especially since they don't even move Barton in the deal.

I figure Sacramento would cut out Orlando. They'd prefer an iffy forward prospect over an iffy center prospect.

Return to Trades and Transactions