Jrue to the Bucks Dec 15

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Jrue to the Bucks Dec 15 

Post#1 » by slos » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Dec 15 trade with MIL, NOP and OKC. That's assuming Bucks want to go all in and the Pelicans aren't good enough to make it to the playoffs. Small pieces need to be added (probably some min contracts to Milwaukee).

Milwaukee in: Holiday
Milwaukee out: Hill, Ilyasova, R. Lopez, Wilson, DiVincenzo, IND 2020 FRP, 2024 FRP

New Orleans in: Paul, Wilson, DiVincenzo, IND 2020 FRP, MIA 2021 FRP, MIL 2024 FRP
New Orleans out: Holiday, Moore

Oklahoma in: Moore, Hill, Ilyasova, R. Lopez
Oklahoma out: Paul, MIA 2021 FRP

Why Milwaukee? Going from Bled and Brog combo to Bled and Jrue could be the key for them to win the championship. They have added shooting with Matthews and Korver and they will be able to add some more in the buyout market.

Bledsoe........Brown
Holiday........Matthews
Middleton.....Korver
Giannis........Thanasis
Lopez..........Bender

Why New Orleans? They go from Jrue to Paul to mentor their young roster. They get paid for that with two more young players and three FRPs.

Why Oklahoma? They use a FRP to get out of Paul's deal and cut it into expiring and smaller contracts.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: Jrue to the Bucks Dec 15 

Post#2 » by BullyKing » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:58 pm

This is horrendous for New Orleans
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#3 » by giberish » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Can't see NO doing this. The best piece they get back is the Miami 1st for taking Paul. They'd want more then filler and late 1sts for moving their best player - they've already restocked their depth and future pick inventory.

Doing a 1 for 4 deal midseason is also a problem for most teams with roster spot issues. And if OKC was willing to use the 2021 Miami 1st to clear Paul I expect he'd already be in Miami now.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#4 » by JRoy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:27 pm

2 late picks and a bunch of trash does not net Holiday. This is closer to Kevin Love value.

If NO were looking to move on from Holiday they could do much better than this.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#5 » by SmokeyPaw » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:35 pm

Terrible idea for NO. Late firsts are not nearly enough to swap Holiday for Paul's contract. And I'd much rather have Holiday be the locker room leader than Paul for a young team.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#6 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:36 pm

Fwiw with Lonzo around you may wanna look for a wing rather than PG if you're moving Jrue (Beal, McCollum, RoCo+filler, Tobias Harris to name a few that may be obtainable?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:52 pm

These four players for one trades are practically impossible midseason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#8 » by rugbyrugger23 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:08 am

It is going to take a lot of value to get NOP to trade Holiday — and OP is not it.

To Celtics: Holiday + Moore

FOR

To NOP: Brown + Hayward + Memphis 1st*
*With NOP willing to “throw in” Cleveland and/or even one of the Lakers’ 1st owed to get that Memphis 1st.

Or if Boston prefers Beal...

To Wizards: Holiday + Filler + Celtics And/Or NOP Owed FRPs

To Celtics: Beal + Moore

To NOP: Brown + Hayward + Memphis 1st
JRoy
RealGM

Post#9 » by JRoy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:44 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:It is going to take a lot of value to get NOP to trade Holiday — and OP is not it.

FOR

*With NOP willing to “throw in” Cleveland and/or even one of the Lakers’ 1st owed to get that Memphis 1st.

The Memphis pick is the only item of real value here. Hayward is overpaid and Brown about to be overpaid.

NO doesn’t touch this.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#10 » by Crives » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:12 am

Why would the pelicans move Jrue for unproven future picks? That’s not how you convince Zion to stay. Only Jrue trade that makes sense is a swap for a younger star.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#11 » by rugbyrugger23 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:14 am

JRoy wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:It is going to take a lot of value to get NOP to trade Holiday — and OP is not it.

FOR

The Memphis pick is the only item of real value here. Hayward is overpaid and Brown about to be overpaid.

NO doesn’t touch this.

Lol on Brown. I better never see you (you meaning you and NOP fans in general) prop up Ingram (for exact same reason).
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#12 » by Catchall » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:45 am

Jrue is good, and he's still pretty young. Why would NOLA trade him?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
JRoy
RealGM

Post#13 » by JRoy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:29 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
JRoy wrote:

FOR

NO doesn’t touch this.

Lol on Brown. I better never see you (you meaning you and NOP fans in general) prop up Ingram (for exact same reason).

I’m not a NO fan just an impartial observer.

I like Brown but his impending free agency and vocal demands to get paid like an all star tank his value. The time to trade him was last year.

Ingram is even worse, thanks to his injury status and the questions about how that status might affect his game. Also not really a fan of his game, seems to play best with the ball in his hands but not good enough to win doing it (ala Evan Turner).
Edrees wrote:

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,290

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Milwaukee needs to send more value and I don't understand why New Orleans would move from Holiday to Paul....he just doesn't make sense on that roster.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions