Cleveland - Dallas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,772

Cleveland - Dallas 

Post#1 » by JJ_PR » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:35 pm

Cleveland trades: Jordan Clarkson & Matthew Dellavedova

Dallas trades: Tim Hardaway Jr. | '21 & '22 SRP'S

Why? Cleveland gets some assets. Dallas opens some cap room for next years free agency.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Re: Cleveland - Dallas 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 pm

I wouldn't. Clarkson is better than RHJ and eating that much space next summer for a couple seconds is dumb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#3 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:35 am

It would take a team desperate to win now to dump THJ.

He’s not completely useless if you use him right.

Just massivelyyyyyyyy overpaid.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Post#4 » by daoneandonly » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:05 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I wouldn't. Clarkson is better than RHJ and eating that much space next summer for a couple seconds is dumb.

Financially Dallas wins out no argument there. But Delly is not an NBA caliber player, and Clarkston being better than THJ is debatable. So the question becomes, does THJ's former coach love him that much that the Cavs would be willing to eat that extra year? probably not, but it's not a matter of Clarkston being better than anyone in my opinion.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:33 pm

cavs would be better off keeping jc and waiving delly than taking back thj as he offers no upgrade to jc in the slightest and does not fit the profile of a quality back up 3/4 which should be priority #1 in any player movement for CLE beyond eating deals for draft picks like last season.
fyi delly is an nba caliber player on a rebuilding team he is a future coach his iq is that high. they wont trade him imo
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:07 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I wouldn't. Clarkson is better than RHJ and eating that much space next summer for a couple seconds is dumb.

Financially Dallas wins out no argument there. But Delly is not an NBA caliber player, and Clarkston being better than THJ is debatable. So the question becomes, does THJ's former coach love him that much that the Cavs would be willing to eat that extra year? probably not, but it's not a matter of Clarkston being better than anyone in my opinion.

They're both sixth-men types. Clarkson scores more, is more efficient, and has a more versatile offensive game. Clarkson was routinely double teamed by opposing teams last year. He averaged 17 ppg and had a solid TS% given he was often the Cavs only offensive option. In what ways do you imagine RHJ is better than Clarkson?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,307

Post#7 » by Jellybeans » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Dallas opens some cap room for next years free agency?
Next years FA market is dead :D
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Dallas doesn't care about next summer's cap space based on the contracts they gave out this summer. But if the cost to get out of THJ's last year is 2 2nds and a roster spot they pretty much would have to do it on value.

On value Cleveland should not do it, but this is a team at least 2 years away and so this is a couple of picks and the ultimate tank commander.

Note: I don't want to get into an argument over which of these bad players is better, but its hard for me to imagine Clarkson or Delly getting any rotation time in Dallas considering all their current guards are better than both. I'd still do the deal, but let's be honest--all these players are not guys you want in the top 8 of a good team.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:02 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Dallas doesn't care about next summer's cap space based on the contracts they gave out this summer. But if the cost to get out of THJ's last year is 2 2nds and a roster spot they pretty much would have to do it on value.

On value Cleveland should not do it, but this is a team at least 2 years away and so this is a couple of picks and the ultimate tank commander.

Note: I don't want to get into an argument over which of these bad players is better, but its hard for me to imagine Clarkson or Delly getting any rotation time in Dallas considering all their current guards are better than both. I'd still do the deal, but let's be honest--all these players are not guys you want in the top 8 of a good team.
For the record, I was silent re: Delly. That said, Clarkson had a solid season last year and people pretend it didn't happen.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,687

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:15 pm

jbk1234 wrote:[ That said, Clarkson had a solid season last year and people pretend it didn't happen.

Uh he scored points on a bad team. But did nothing else and didn't do that efficiently and he was a terrible defender. In other words he was Tim Hardaway Jr.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:[ That said, Clarkson had a solid season last year and people pretend it didn't happen.

Uh he scored points on a bad team. But did nothing else and didn't do that efficiently and he was a terrible defender. In other words he was Tim Hardaway Jr.
When Love was out, and before Sexton came on, he was our only offensive weapon. He can create offense in a way that I don't believe THjr can. He routinely faced double teams. His TS% was .539 and his VORP was neutral . He also had more assists and rebounds per than THjr.

Now he's never going to be a starter on a good team but he's a solid sixth man who can create his own offense and run sets. You don't need those guys to be great defenders or be uber efficient. You need them to be able to get buckets so the second unit doesn't get run out of the gym.

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Trades and Transactions