WT: FVV could command $25-30mil a year this off season. Are you willing to give it to him?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Would you sign FVV to a deal starting at $27.5 mil with standard raises for 4 years?

Yes
4%
No
84%
I wouldn't but I could see it making some sense for a different team.
12%

Total votes: 57

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,742

Re: WT: FVV could command $25-30mil a year this off season. Are you willing to give it to him? 

Post#21 » by Duffman100 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:17 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
E S V L wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:The five teams that could give that to him barring a trade are:
Atlanta - maybe they see him as a secondary playmaker for Trae who also spends time leading the bench unit? They also have Huerter and FVV would be a small SG.
Cleveland - they already have Sexton and Garland
New York - they could use a quality PG but would they view him as enough of a star to commit long term money to?
Memphis - if they don't draft a SG, would they target FVV to pair with Ja (that would be a small backcourt)? Would they prefer to target Malik Beasley, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Brandon Ingram, or someone else? Would they want to maintain cap flexibility instead for potential salary dumps?
Toronto - how much are they willing to pay to keep their guy? They also may be trying to stay within a reasonable distance from a potential Greek Freak-sized max contract amount of cap space in the 2021 offseason.

I guess it is possible for him to get that amount though I'm not sure which of the above teams will be the one to ultimately pull the trigger

I agree that Memphis will certainly target FVV as it makes perfect sense from any perspective.

I'm not really up on Fred's defense. Can he guard SGs?

In today's NBA? Sort of yes. People really don't exploit size as much as more and he's a damn good defender.

His main issue is finishing and creating over size and length.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Re: WT: FVV could command $25-30mil a year this off season. Are you willing to give it to him? 

Post#22 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:30 pm

Duffman100 wrote:I think the Raps do it. And I think it's something like a 4 year deal, starting at 18 and ending at 22. That's my guess.

I'm OKAY with that. He's averaging 18,7.5, 4, 2 steals while slashing, 40/40/80 and playing great defense. Not a ton of 25 year point guard are doing that.

It's a small sample size though, with Lowry in the lineup he doesn't score as much. I think he needs to remain efficient for the rest of the season to be considered a 20 mill dollar player, he still has a 54 career ts%.

Return to Trades and Transactions