Buyers, Sellers, and Who is on the Block

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Re: Buyers, Sellers, and Who is on the Block 

Post#21 » by Shootdabull » Thu Jan 9, 2020 7:11 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:Chicago Bulls

Buyers if they're overwhelmed

They just don't have the depth or healthy players to be buyers and selling is another tanking and they're fed up with that. They sure aren't willing to trade draft picks away.

They aren't as eager to trade Zack Lavine as some expert internet posters but how would they replace the 25PPG he tosses in. Yes they'd like to shed themselves of Felicio but unless some GM gets drunk there are no takers. If Porter would be healthy for a week I think they would entertain offers before he got injured again. Dunn is finally playing well, maybe he's playing for a contact why dump his expiring contract now. Markkanen seems healthy and is scoring and he's under contract control for a while. Hutchison is former FRP hey don't just give up on their guys because they get hurt, the same almost goes for Valentine who plays well in spurts.

So unless somebody throws something spectacular at them they're going to ride out this year with what they've got

Let’s just say a pathetic 41 wins (last years 8 seed) gets you the 8 seed and the opportunity to get your teeth kicked in by Milwaukee, also the right to lose lottery balls. The Bulls have to go 28-19 the remainder of the way with one of the toughest schedules remaining. It ain’t happening.

They should be sellers. They have Thad Young, a resurgent Kris Dunn, Satoransky, and Otto Porter Jr. They have pieces to trade depending on what a team is looking for.

I would not be surprised if Young or Dunn is moved. I don't expect Sato or OPJ will be moved as I think they are be more valuable to us. The bench also could be had - Valentine/Kornet/Felicio/Harrison/Arcidiacono, but I doubt if there is much of a market for them.
cameroncrazies2
Senior
And1: 140

Post#22 » by cameroncrazies2 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:48 am

Milwaukee Bucks-Buyers

Buyers-probably not unless they get bowled over with a deal though. They’re doing so well and have such great chemistry, a shake up isn’t needed and they may be hesitant to do so after trading for Mirotic last deadline and it ended horribly.

Looking for-top end bench help, the starters are locked in-Bledsoe, Matthews, Middleton, Giannis and Lopez. Hill is clear top bench guy. But night to night it’s a crap shoot who’s going to get hot. Our bench being very deep is a huge asset but not having a reliable bench scorer night to night hurts especially since Budenholzer goes to all-bench lineups very often.

Available-
DJ Wilson
Sterling Brown
Dragan Bender
IND 2020 1st
Ersan Ilyasova (team option for next year, $7M expiring)

DJ can’t get on the court even when guys in our front court are resting or hurt. He’s so deep in the dog house he barely gets garbage minutes. It pains us because we know DJ can be very good but why let an asset rot on the bench if he can be utilized. Sterling is in and out of the lineup very often and recently came out of the dog house as a huge spark off the bench. The quintessential 3 and D guy, at 6’5” he’s strong and versatile enough to play PF. Benders contract was recently guaranteed, but prospect, hunts 3’s but hasn’t played at all this season. And we have INDs 1st which is no use to us since we’re trying to win now. Ilyasova is a Bud favorite so there’s no way we trade him, but had to throw in as a potential salary match.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#23 » by Zion Wembanyama » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:37 pm

New Orleans - Sellers

Jrue Holiday
Derrick Favors
E'Twaun Moore

We'd like a young, defensive-minded small forward. It would be gravy if he was a combo forward who could shoot three's at good percentage. We'd also like a better fit beside Zion (I know he hasn't played in the RS yet) at center. A stretch 5 who can defend the post would be amazing.

First round picks are always welcomed.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,523

Post#24 » by snowman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm

giberish wrote:Golden State Warriors

Small sellers.

Any of their cheap vets could be moved: Burks, GRIII, Chriss, WCS. They'd be looking for hard cap breathing room to sign 2-way guys Bowman and Lee to varsity deals that give them an extra year or two on min salary for cheap depth going forward (so no salary in return). Some 2nd(s) would be nice as well, but only Burks is likely to net anything above a pick in the 50's.

Their last two 1st rounders - Poole and Evans - could conceivably be on the market, probably for some other marginal cheap young player. Neither are that good and they both look similar position-wise so maybe they only keep one if something interesting comes along.

Russell will probably be moved in the summer, or possibly kept into next season (which I wouldn't want as the lineup gets too small/weak on D), but there's a chance he's moved during the season. GS would want long-term but also win next year value, especially at SF or possibly center. Wing depth is also useful but not the lead return.

Keep in mind that GS is right against the hard cap in a way I can't remember other teams being in recent seasons. So they won't be able to add salary at all in any deals. They don't have the salary wiggle-room that you're used to.

How does this sound ?

From Boston:
Vincent Poirier
26 year old, 7-0, 235 lb C from
Carsen Edwards
21 year old, 6-1, 200 lb PG from Purdue
Bucks 2020 1st round pick or 3 mil cash

for

Willie Cauley-Stein
26 year old, 7-0, 240 lb C from Kentucky
Alec Burks
28 year old, 6-6, 214 lb SG from Colorado

Why for Boston:
Bench help. Poirier is a project that showed promise overseas, but has not yet adjusted to NBA speed. Edwards is a long range shooting threat when hot, but is buried on the bench when it comes to playing time. WCS adds athletic ability at the 5 more so than Poirier, and Burks adds bench scoring that would allow us to develop our other rookies, (Boston still has 5) add get a little more rest for our starting wings.

Why for GS:
Cap relief. I know it's not much, but GS saves 700K right off the top. Also, Poirier and Edwards are both signed next season, and Edwards for 1 more after that, giving some low salary contracts going forward. GS would also have their choice of a first from Mil, going to be #30 it seems, or 3 mil in cash to pretty much buy out both Poirier and Edwards.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#25 » by Roddy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 pm

89Hornetsfan90 wrote:New Orleans - Sellers

Jrue Holiday
Derrick Favors
E'Twaun Moore

We'd like a young, defensive-minded small forward. It would be gravy if he was a combo forward who could shoot three's at good percentage. We'd also like a better fit beside Zion (I know he hasn't played in the RS yet) at center. A stretch 5 who can defend the post would be amazing.

Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#26 » by Zion Wembanyama » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Roddy wrote:

Jrue Holiday
Derrick Favors
E'Twaun Moore

Ball / Jackson
Smart / NAW
Ingram / KWilliams
Zion / Hayward / Melli
Hayes / Okafor / Theis

Hmm.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#27 » by Arsenal » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:02 am

Jrue Holiday
Derrick Favors
E'Twaun Moore

How about this?

Sixers trade to Pelicans: Horford and Scott
Pelicans trade to Sixers: Favors and Redick
Celtics1918
Freshman
And1: 28

My Hayward Trade 

Post#28 » by Celtics1918 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:49 am

I want to had my Hayward fantasy trade. Celtics trade... Hayward for LeBron and Kuzma……….. Upside Celtics get the best player in NBA and much needed bench help. La upside Hayward will not opt out. This trade actually works. This Trade is Successful!
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#29 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46 am

snowman wrote:
giberish wrote:Golden State Warriors

Small sellers.

Any of their cheap vets could be moved: Burks, GRIII, Chriss, WCS. They'd be looking for hard cap breathing room to sign 2-way guys Bowman and Lee to varsity deals that give them an extra year or two on min salary for cheap depth going forward (so no salary in return). Some 2nd(s) would be nice as well, but only Burks is likely to net anything above a pick in the 50's.

Their last two 1st rounders - Poole and Evans - could conceivably be on the market, probably for some other marginal cheap young player. Neither are that good and they both look similar position-wise so maybe they only keep one if something interesting comes along.

Russell will probably be moved in the summer, or possibly kept into next season (which I wouldn't want as the lineup gets too small/weak on D), but there's a chance he's moved during the season. GS would want long-term but also win next year value, especially at SF or possibly center. Wing depth is also useful but not the lead return.

Keep in mind that GS is right against the hard cap in a way I can't remember other teams being in recent seasons. So they won't be able to add salary at all in any deals. They don't have the salary wiggle-room that you're used to.

How does this sound ?

From Boston:
Vincent Poirier
26 year old, 7-0, 235 lb C from
Carsen Edwards
21 year old, 6-1, 200 lb PG from Purdue
Bucks 2020 1st round pick or 3 mil cash

for

Willie Cauley-Stein
26 year old, 7-0, 240 lb C from Kentucky
Alec Burks
28 year old, 6-6, 214 lb SG from Colorado

Why for Boston:
Bench help. Poirier is a project that showed promise overseas, but has not yet adjusted to NBA speed. Edwards is a long range shooting threat when hot, but is buried on the bench when it comes to playing time. WCS adds athletic ability at the 5 more so than Poirier, and Burks adds bench scoring that would allow us to develop our other rookies, (Boston still has 5) add get a little more rest for our starting wings.

Why for GS:
Cap relief. I know it's not much, but GS saves 700K right off the top. Also, Poirier and Edwards are both signed next season, and Edwards for 1 more after that, giving some low salary contracts going forward. GS would also have their choice of a first from Mil, going to be #30 it seems, or 3 mil in cash to pretty much buy out both Poirier and Edwards.

We already have a glut of borderline NBA players with guaranteed contracts next season. This deal likely adds 3 to our team for 2020 (Edwards, Poirier, and #30). If we take the cash instead of #30 for the buyouts, we're basically trading WCS and Burks for no future asset... and saving less money than if we just gave Burks away for nothing.

Therefore, between Edwards, Poirier, and #30 we'd need to really like one of those guys for this to make sense. I don't. I don't even know who Poirier is. I'm not against giving Boston Burks or WCS, but it would be more like Burks for #30. WCS you can have, but we don't want next season salary coming back unless its someone we like (which you rightly should not want to trade away).

Since Burks is a minimum salary player, BOS wouldn't need to send back salary to acquire him. If you can find someone to take Poirier for free (or very little)... then we could run a 3-way where BOS gets WCS + Burks, GSW gets #30 (and saves some money we will just spend on someone else to fill out the roster this year), and other team gets Poirier, Edwards, or whatever necessary salary BOS needs to send out to make the trade legal.

Honestly, I'd almost prefer some far off future 2nds over #30. We only got so many roster spots in 2020-21 and the end of our bench is already full. We need rotation guys that we'd be lucky to get with the 30th pick in this years draft.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#30 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Orlando Magic

Should be looking to move : Fournier & DJ
Possible move: Everyone else.

Magic would be foolish to keep Evan Fournier because you know he is going to opt out and leave in FA. Dude will likely be courted by proper playoff teams and he would flourish as a 6th man type bucket getter. DJ could be pushed for a team looking for a backup guard on expiring deal and Orlando would look for a wing look IMO.

Magic FO don't fool yourself into thinking another playoff appearance in the Leastern conference is anything special and lock yourself further into mediocrity by giving EF 80-100M for a 7th seed 1st round sweep for the foreseeable future.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#31 » by Jedzz » Tue Feb 4, 2020 12:59 am

What players will be moved that no one has talked about yet?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#32 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:54 pm

Kyle Kumza rumors around him still i dont see Green but maybe for RoCo
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#33 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 4, 2020 11:45 pm

Jedzz wrote:What players will be moved that no one has talked about yet?

I'm going to say Mikal Bridges, because I can't believe Phoenix thinks he's big enough to play PF.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#34 » by Jedzz » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:12 am

Ruzious wrote:

I'm going to say Mikal Bridges, because I can't believe Phoenix thinks he's big enough to play PF.

Are they using him as such?
He's got a crazy wingspan that maybe makes him more capable than he should be at 6-6.
I think he played SF against Lakers last I saw, guarding Lebron. So maybe they only try that against smaller teams? I woudn't.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#35 » by SD2042 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:55 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Are they using him as such?
He's got a crazy wingspan that maybe makes him more capable than he should be at 6-6.
I think he played SF against Lakers last I saw, guarding Lebron. So maybe they only try that against smaller teams? I woudn't.

I would not mind if Mikal be traded to the Magic as a 3&D player.

Return to Trades and Transactions