Wolves-76ers Blockbuster: Towns for Embiid

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Re: Wolves-76ers Blockbuster: Towns for Embiid 

Post#61 » by Colbinii » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:56 pm

phifans wrote:Yeah both Covington and Saric are quite useful when playing with Ben and Joel but then suddenley they "sucked" being with Towns and Wiggins ? U know there is something terribly wrong with it.

Wiggins is significantly worse than Simmons, Towns and Embiid. I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean?

Saric actually played well with Towns [Not that you would know], far better than he did to start the season with Philly in 2019 and far better than he is currently in Phoenix.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#62 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Colbinii wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
We all have biases.

He thought that Embiid was better offensively than Towns :wink:

Actually I argued KAT wasn't > Embiid offensively, and that was before KAT had his best offensive season to date :wink:

I'll give KAT the edge offensively now, but Embiid's efficiency would improve if he got to play in his comfort zones alongside a PG that could shoot.

I guess you forgot about all the stuff I showed you about how Philly had much better shooters around Embiid :D

If you want to focus solely on the Point Guard position then Towns is having his best offensive season with Shabazz Napier and Jordan McLaughlin as his Point Guards :lol:

This isn't about the talent of the PG position. It's about Ben's refusal to shoot outside of the paint, which distorts opposing defenses more than any other player in the league.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:52 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:I don’t know what to tell you if you don’t understand the point about Towns. It tells me you don’t understand how teams play defense and opponents attack Towns. With a weak defensive team surrounding Towns, who holds his own man to elite level low shooting percentage (better than Embiid last time I saw stats). It’s not a conspiracy or even controversial that surrounding a good man D with superior D would improve his D — both in metrics and actual performance.

I'm not gonna repeat the points HartfordWhalers already made to you. The Wolves defense without KAT has been better than the Sixers defense without Embiid, so that alone debunks what you're saying.

Well actually it doesn’t. No matter how much you want it to. The only way to know would be do the swap. Claiming anything else is really, really trying to push your narrative. But I understand you now.

"The only way to know would be to do the swap" --> You're basically suggesting we can't know anything about basketball fit unless we see it with our own eyes. In which case most discussion on basketball forums would be meaningless.

There's no narrative here- just common sense.

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,046

Post#64 » by Laimbeer » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:06 pm

KAT's better, and Embiid hasn't shown me some "it" factor.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#65 » by BullyKing » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Laimbeer wrote:KAT's better, and Embiid hasn't shown me some "it" factor.

The idea that you judge players on whether they have shown you some undefined "it" factor is bizarre enough in its own right but the fact that Embiid hasn't displayed an "it" factor to you, no matter what that means, is even crazier.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#66 » by jbent87 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:KAT's better, and Embiid hasn't shown me some "it" factor.

The idea that you judge players on whether they have shown you some undefined "it" factor is bizarre enough in its own right but the fact that Embiid hasn't displayed an "it" factor to you, no matter what that means, is even crazier.

Yeah, as a Sixers fan I can think of a handful of these moments but if I were just a general NBA fan I gotta imagine I would go immediately to this game:

But I guess this guy was watching VHS's of the Bad Boys Pistons during this time / Embiids career thus far
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#67 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:22 pm

jbent87 wrote:But I guess this guy was watching VHS's of the Bad Boys Pistons during this time / Embiids career thus far

Don't do this.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#68 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:47 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:That being said, Towns would be much better next to Horford or Simmons (at PF) than Embiid. After all, kind of the point of this thread and others 8-)

Is there anyone in the league that wouldn't be better next to Horford and Simmons compared to whatever it is the Wolves have going on?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#69 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:13 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
I'm not gonna repeat the points HartfordWhalers already made to you. The Wolves defense without KAT has been better than the Sixers defense without Embiid, so that alone debunks what you're saying.

Well actually it doesn’t. No matter how much you want it to. The only way to know would be do the swap. Claiming anything else is really, really trying to push your narrative. But I understand you now.

"The only way to know would be to do the swap" --> You're basically suggesting we can't know anything about basketball fit unless we see it with our own eyes. In which case most discussion on basketball forums would be meaningless.

I don’t even think you know what you are arguing about now.

If your take is Towns would NOT improve on D on Philly’s roster — please take your own advice and start a poll. I think you will see common sense working first hand against your position.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#70 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:14 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:That being said, Towns would be much better next to Horford or Simmons (at PF) than Embiid. After all, kind of the point of this thread and others 8-)

Is there anyone in the league that wouldn't be better next to Horford and Simmons compared to whatever it is the Wolves have going on?

Good point.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:18 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Well actually it doesn’t. No matter how much you want it to. The only way to know would be do the swap. Claiming anything else is really, really trying to push your narrative. But I understand you now.

I don’t even think you know what you are arguing about now.

If your take is Towns would NOT improve on D on Philly’s roster — please take your own advice and start a poll. I think you will see common sense working first hand against your position.

I know exactly what I'm arguing... That point caries no weight or historical precedent. His defense would be the same. It's so silly and random that there's no need to start a poll about it, though you are welcome to.

Return to Trades and Transactions