Kings-Pacers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Kings-Pacers 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:41 am

Kings send: Bjelica, Detroit 2020 2nd (or maybe the Memphis 2nd of next year?)
Pacers send: McDermott, Leaf

Why for Sacramento? They clear out some big man glut for some SF depth. Leaf is also a worthwhile flier imo.

Why for Indy? With Dipo coming back the Pacers will have a glut of wings while still needing a backup 4. Bjelica spaces the floor for them and the same way McDermott does. They also do right by Leaf and give him potential opportunities to succeed.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,810

Re: Kings-Pacers 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:50 am

Pick is definitely going in the wrong direction. But love Bjelica for the Pacers.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:51 am

I’d be fine either way. I have a feeling that even with Vic’s return, Doug will still get run.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:03 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Pick is definitely going in the wrong direction. But love Bjelica for the Pacers.

What makes you think the 2nd should be from Indy?
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,810

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:40 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Pick is definitely going in the wrong direction. But love Bjelica for the Pacers.

What makes you think the 2nd should be from Indy?

Bjelica is better than Doug and I don't view Leaf as any meaningful incentive.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#6 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:03 am

This isnt close to me. Bjelica is most underrated player on this board. Man does it all!
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:07 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:This isnt close to me. Bjelica is most underrated player on this board. Man does it all!

How do you value him? What player would you realistically expect back?
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#8 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:10 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:This isnt close to me. Bjelica is most underrated player on this board. Man does it all!

Something that he is. Just a solid as hell starter. I think he's worth at least a late first.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:13 am

Hield of Dreams wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

Something that he is. Just a solid as hell starter. I think he's worth at least a late first.

So would you trade him for say, the Bucks 1st?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#10 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:14 am

Hield of Dreams wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

Yep. Late first value or just keep him. The team values him as it should. He’s awesome.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:24 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:

Maybe White or Divincenzo? Id rather get a young guy whose proven something over a late pick that has a 10% chance to even end up a backup
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:26 am

kalenclayton wrote:
Hield of Dreams wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:How do you value him? What player would you realistically expect back?

Yep. Late first value or just keep him. The team values him as it should. He’s awesome.

Okay. So in a vacuum, I would say teams could potentially value #31-33ish almost similarly to 28-30. Cheaper contract, less of a duration of the contract, etc. Now this may need a small sweetener which is totally doable.

People get caught up on the idea of a 1st but again, the likely Bucks 1st, Lakers 1st, etc. has diminishing returns compared to the GS 1st, Cleveland 1st, etc.

The point of this tangent is getting off subject and going back to multiple balked offers from Philly threads but if you're demand is a late 1st, a filler+Milwaukee 1st<Say NYK 2nd+Smith.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:27 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

Maybe White or Divincenzo? Id rather get a young guy whose proven something over a late pick that has a 10% chance to even end up a backup

I could be crazy, but those are two totally different values.

DDV is probably worth a ~15ish pick and White closer to the 20-25ish range.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:31 am

Also, to get on subject, McDermott is absolutely worth a "late 1st" as well. Maybe we remove the 2nd in the trade in OP but they're close enough at least.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#15 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:33 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:How do you value him? What player would you realistically expect back?

Maybe in a vaccuum, But I also think different teams value players differently. Bucks stand to gain a lot by getting Bjelica this year. He would be a fantastic fit and could close games with Giannis if Brook becomes a liability.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:38 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Maybe in a vaccuum, But I also think different teams value players differently. Bucks stand to gain a lot by getting Bjelica this year. He would be a fantastic fit and could close games with Giannis if Brook becomes a liability.

Except the already have Ersan and DDV has filled the void left by Brogdan
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#17 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:58 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

I'm glad Ersan is having a decent regular season but I don't think he will be playable in the postseason. Just shows that Bjelica would thrive in that role.

divincenzo is nice, but they have plenty of guys to fill in. Hill, Bledsoe, Matthews, Connaughton, Brown. All of these guys can fill in at the guard spot. I think if a team is trying to win a ship the next two years Bjelica > Divincenzo without question. Now if they think Div can eventually become a high level starter paired long term with Giannis then sure, but if im the small town bucks im trying to win a title right now. Year one of LAC, LAL, and GSW out of the mix. This is the most open its going to be for awhile.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:11 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I'm glad Ersan is having a decent regular season but I don't think he will be playable in the postseason. Just shows that Bjelica would thrive in that role.

divincenzo is nice, but they have plenty of guys to fill in. Hill, Bledsoe, Matthews, Connaughton, Brown. All of these guys can fill in at the guard spot. I think if a team is trying to win a ship the next two years Bjelica > Divincenzo without question. Now if they think Div can eventually become a high level starter paired long term with Giannis then sure, but if im the small town bucks im trying to win a title right now. Year one of LAC, LAL, and GSW out of the mix. This is the most open its going to be for awhile.

What makes you think Bjelica will be playable if Ersan isn't? Also any marginal upgrade isn't worth downgrading from DDV to their deeper guards.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#19 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:18 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

What makes you think Bjelica will be playable if Ersan isn't? Also any marginal upgrade isn't worth downgrading from DDV to their deeper guards.

I dont think theres a single thing ersan does as well as bjelica. I also think the trade would likely be bigger than this. It would be a situation where they turn Div/1st/Ersan into Bjelica/Vet guard that would also be an upgrade.

Personally I'd prefer to hold bjelica than sell him off for a late 1st or early 2nd. Kings need continunity. Injuries and a new coach has derailed our season. Fox, Bagley, Holmes and Bogdan have all missed significant time. Buddy has had a hard time fitting into Walton system but theres hope he busts this slump. I'd rather try again next season and then sell bjelica off if necessary. If his value now is Mcdermott/leaf I can guarantee that trade is available even as an expiring.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#20 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:52 am

Wow! Some interesting discussion, but I'm going to stick to the OP.

Bjelica is a perfect fit for the Pacers IMO and I think he's the best player in the deal, so for Indiana, this should be an easy yes. As the OP said, they have too many wings anyway, so it's a decent concept and even if it doesn't work out for some reason (hard to imagine), they haven't lost any key pieces.

Similar logic works for the Kings; they have too many young bigs and they really could use some wing help. I'm not certain McDermott is the answer but he's definitely a nice bench player and just in case Bogdanovic leaves ... ... Leaf seems worth taking a chance on. A change of teams might be what he needs.

As for who adds a pick, I think arguments can be made either way and frankly think that pick should just be taken out of the deal or not; just not important IMO.

Return to Trades and Transactions