Chicago and Golden State: Porter for Russell

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,375

Chicago and Golden State: Porter for Russell 

Post#1 » by drosestruts » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:19 pm

As the title says, a 1:1 swap

Chicago in: D'Angelo Russell

Golden State in: Otto Porter Jr

Chicago gets an upgrade at the point guard position with an all-star level player who's locked in for multiple years

Golden State gets Otto Porter Jr. and his eventual bird rights, Porter should be a better fit on the team long-term giving the Warriors a starting small forward that can play alongside Curry/Thompson/Green
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,787

Re: Chicago and Golden State: Porter for Russell 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:22 pm

I think we should be assessing Golden State and the Russell Situation before posting trades about Russell.

I'm under the belief [as are many] that Curry will return at the culmination of March and the Warriors will want to get a sample for Russell and Curry on the court together. Once they get this and can assess the potential of them together versus moving Russell we will get a clearer view of things from Golden State and the direction they wish to go.

As for the value, seems really low. Say what you want about Russell but he has the ability to score and make plays at a level above average. His value is going to be higher than someone like Porter.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,321

Post#3 » by Kurt Heimlich » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:25 pm

This isn't going to go well. OPJ's value is in the dumpster until if/when he can prove he's healthy and back to his old efficient self. DLo is playing well (you even called him all star level) - why would they trade a young guard like that for a total question mark in OPJ?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,819

Post#4 » by psman2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:35 pm

Is Porter even neutral value at this point, you got him last year for two expiring scrubs and a distant 2nd. He has looked liked trash this year and will miss half the season. I am no big Russell fan but his trade value is much higher than Porter at this point.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,053

Post#5 » by queridiculo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Serious concerns about Porters longterm viability as a starter or even solid contributor. Degenerative hips at that age, how much longer is he going to be able to continue to play at a high level?

Seems like the Bulls just have to eat this one, nobody is going to give up value for Porter at this point.
letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect
And1: 510

Post#6 » by letsgobulls23 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:20 pm

No chance GS considers this straight up
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#7 » by ChettheJet » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Even if Russell was underachieving at this point it wouldn't be a good trade. GS could end up trading a very productive PG for a guy who never comes back, so Porter's Bird rights would be a hollow tree stump. If he does come back this year strong and in top form, there's a fantasy, does he add that much to GS for the money he gets?

For the Bulls Russell shows up and starts, Coby is the backup at both guard spots and they play some three guard sets, Satoransky starts at the SF with Hutchison behind him. Those three guard sets are a situation where the people suggesting the Bulls trading Markkanen for Marvin Bagley might have something. A combination of two from Carter, Bagley and Gafford playing with three guards gives you a pair of rebounders/mid range shooters/post players and three 3pt shooters
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#8 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Regardless of who its for, I dont see GSW dealing Russell before the draft. Once the Warriors know where they are picking, and where other lottery teams are picking (ie. Wolves), I think the Warriors will identify who they right trade target is.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#9 » by scottyg » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:50 pm

How bout
- Daniel Gafford
- Denzel Valentine
- Tomas Satoransky
- Thad Young
- lottery prorected 1st

For

- D LO
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#10 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:50 pm

GS have zero reason to look at Porter right now.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#11 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:53 pm

scottyg wrote:How bout
- Daniel Gafford
- Denzel Valentine
- Tomas Satoransky
- Thad Young
- lottery prorected 1st

For

- D LO

GS won’t be breaking DLo down into spare parts.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#12 » by CAE15 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Porter makes more sense for Conley than he does Dlo

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#13 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Lets be realistic fellow Bulls fans. It would take more like Markkanen, Porter and a 1st. Markk has been a bit disappointing here, but i can imagine that Kerr would get the best out of him, unlike our coach that minimizes guys.

Curry
Klay
Porter
Markk
Green

Thats a perfectly fitting starting 5. Plus they'll have their own high 1st and our 1st to provide more fuel for the pipeline. Not even saying that GS would take that, but its way more realistic
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,973

Post#14 » by wolves_89 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:38 pm

I'm really not a fan of Russell, but this is pretty bad for GS. With his injury issues I don't see Porter having positive value at this point.

Return to Trades and Transactions