I can't say that I like this, but it kinda makes sense? Sixers-Cavs-Pels

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

I can't say that I like this, but it kinda makes sense? Sixers-Cavs-Pels 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:39 am

Sixers send: Smith, Scott, 2020 Atl 2nd
Sixers receive: Moore

Cavs send: Thompson
Cavs receive: Smith, Scott, Miller, Atl 2020 2nd

Pelicans send: Moore, Miller
Pelicans receive: Thompson

Why for Philly? They get a shooter to help them open things up for the rest of the team.

Why for Cleveland? They get some form of assets for Thompson. They don't have a 2nd for the next 2 years or so, so getting a higher one and selling Zhaire as a prospect could be enough to qualify as a "1st" type value from a Thompson return.

Why for NO? With Lonzo and BI being shooters all of a sudden they could reasonably let go of a shooter and be fine. They do have a decent need at center though with everyone being injury prone, Hayes still being a little too green, etc. Thompson could also help support Zion defensively a little too in spot minutes.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Re: I can't say that I like this, but it kinda makes sense? Sixers-Cavs-Pels 

Post#2 » by bigmean » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:09 am

Can argue the value. Would be interested in moore for a rental... would prefer d rose or bertans
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,836

Post#3 » by giberish » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:10 am

Don't really think NO would do this. Is Favors injured? Seems like Thompson would be 3rd string for them (Favors starting, Hayes getting develop minutes off the bench - possibly Zion even getting a few center minutes). Granted they've got a ton of guards and don't really need Moore either.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:17 pm

giberish wrote:Don't really think NO would do this. Is Favors injured? Seems like Thompson would be 3rd string for them (Favors starting, Hayes getting develop minutes off the bench - possibly Zion even getting a few center minutes). Granted they've got a ton of guards and don't really need Moore either.

He isn't injured, but he isn't exactly reliable. He can play some small doses of PF too. However, if they're making a playoff push it may behoove them to at least have a break glass in case of emergency starting level center. The rotation could be say: 20-25 minutes of Favors, 10-15 minutes of Thompson, the rest for Hayes/Zion. If Favors or Zion miss time you don't have a massive void in the front court. In a playoff scenario it would be nice to have at least one other reliable big too.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#5 » by LloydFree » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:35 pm

In what world does E'twaun Moore have that kind of value? And where is the market?

The Warriors would likely fall all over themselves to give Alec Burke to the 76ers for the Atlanta pick, AND he's a better player AND they'd get to keep both Zhaire and Scott.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Trades and Transactions