[Challenge] Fix the Magic.

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Re: [Challenge] Fix the Magic. 

Post#41 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:10 pm

tiderulz wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think Fultz looks like their point guard of the future. Going to be 22 to start next season (same age as Obi Toppin) and just had a decent year as a starter. Freethrow percentage also increased significantly, so I have hope he will become an competent three point shooter (33-35%) soon. That being said, I think they need to do something. If they can move Vuc/Gordon for picks/prospects I think they should, and see what they really have with the young guys. As-is they are locked into being a perpetual first round and out team unless Isaac really puts it together or they get a lucky hit on a pick.

My worry is that Hammond won’t cut his losses in Gordon and that no one will want Vuc so they are stuck with him. My other worry is that they are going to pay Fultz a bunch of money and it’s going to turn into a negative contract.

Orlando has made a bunch of head-scratching moves over the past 3 years, in my opinion and Hammond doesn’t have the best track record.

the current front office didnt draft AG. and rumors are they have quietly shopped him around to put Isaac in at PF, who they did draft.

AG is gone by deadline this upcoming year no doubt. Vuc will finish his contract with Magic and then who knows what. There’s no way they give Fultz a ton of money but a TRoss type contract 4/65 and I’d applaud it.

Hammond and FO have to find better depth. MCW will only take you so far, Iwundu/Frazier are G league impact players vs NBA bench players. You look past TRoss and our bench is a bunch of WTF.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#42 » by scottyg » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:22 pm

I want to fix the bulls and magic here so here’s my offer

Bulls get - Vucevic + Aaron Gordon
Why? They get a new starting PF and Center And Move Markenen to the 6th man role and watch him torch 2nd teamers or try and let Gordon Play SF with

Magic get - Wendall Carter + Otto Porter !

Why ? They get younger and clear future cap !
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#43 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:47 pm

scottyg wrote:I want to fix the bulls and magic here so here’s my offer

Why? They get a new starting PF and Center And Move Markenen to the 6th man role and watch him torch 2nd teamers or try and let Gordon Play SF with

Olrando doesn't want to get "younger" and theres no need to "clear cap".
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#44 » by NotACat » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:01 pm

I love the idea of OPJ coming to Orlando in a deal centered around Aaron Gordon, but I don't think Orlando includes Vuc in this. I personally don't think Orlando is moving Vuc until Bamba shows he's ready to start since Vuc is such a good fit next to Fultz.
Black Lives Matter
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#45 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:44 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
As long as their valued as such? Every single player you mentioned could yield a FRP and your premise is ridiculous and you know it.

Ridiculous or you just don’t agree?

If you think that is too much value — make the comment and suggest what you think is appropriate. This straw man stance doesn’t add anything to conversation...

Fultz Bamba are like mid 1sts, Okeke is unknown but should be fine. Technically he’s not wrong but he’s probably acting as if Fultz has #1 pick value and Bamba at #5 value which would be wrong.

Point is he doesn’t provide any substance in his comments — like you did above.

As for the trade, to get a premium player like Mitchell, Magic have no premium trade pieces and need to make it up in quantity vs. quality. Isaac is as close to a premium trade chip as they got, but is coming off injury, burned through a few years of rookie deal, and most teams have a more premium piece to offer that will trump Isaac.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#46 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:30 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Ridiculous or you just don’t agree?

If you think that is too much value — make the comment and suggest what you think is appropriate. This straw man stance doesn’t add anything to conversation...

Fultz Bamba are like mid 1sts, Okeke is unknown but should be fine. Technically he’s not wrong but he’s probably acting as if Fultz has #1 pick value and Bamba at #5 value which would be wrong.

Point is he doesn’t provide any substance in his comments — like you did above.

As for the trade, to get a premium player like Mitchell, Magic have no premium trade pieces and need to make it up in quantity vs. quality. Isaac is as close to a premium trade chip as they got, but is coming off injury, burned through a few years of rookie deal, and most teams have a more premium piece to offer that will trump Isaac.

totally was agreeing with you on the overvaluation of 7 1st round picks. Isaac like you said is the best asset but the dude has some serious injury issues and 1 more and he falls in the injury prone category. The fact that he still has a knee brace with a lot metal support doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about it. It's also why I don't think they will rush to trade AG unless its a really good offer. Aminu is an aging vet and nothing more, if Isaac were to go down for 3rd time and you've traded AG for pennies on dollar you're screwed. I wish Magic just blew it up year 1 instead of the **** sit and evaluate excuse our FO gave us.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#47 » by NotACat » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:11 pm

What if WCJ was dropped for the deal and Chicago included 7, Sato, and Kornet?

The original deal of Vuc + AG for Otto + WCJ doesn't work due to contracts not matching up
Black Lives Matter
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#48 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:30 am

I'd look to move Jonathan Isaac

Potential players to move him for while he recovers

Malik Monk
C. Felicio + more
Doug McDermott
Frank Ntilikina
Kevin Knox
Moe Wagner
Jerami Grant
KCP
Justice Winslow
Kyle Anderson
Trevor Ariza
Rodney Hood
Trey Lyles

(would require more than Isaac)
Buddy Hield
Rudy Gobert

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#49 » by Topofthekey » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:46 am

They should actually trade Jonathan Isaac, since he has a lot more trade value than AG

Trade Isaac + Augustine + #15 to the Nets for a package of Levert + Joe Harris + a re-signed Dinwiddie (Fournier can be used as salary filler)

C: Vucevic / Bamba
PF: AG
SF: Levert / Harris
SG: Fultz / Terrence Ross
PG: Dinwiddie / MCW

Nets gets a huge defensive boost in Isaac

C: Allen / DJ
PF: Isaac / Prince
SF: KD / Temple
SG: Fournier / Johnson
PG: Kyrie / Augustine
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,201

Post#50 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:47 am

Topofthekey wrote:They should actually trade Jonathan Isaac, since he has a lot more trade value than AG

Trade Isaac + Augustine + #15 to the Nets for a package of Levert + Joe Harris + a re-signed Dinwiddie (Fournier can be used as salary filler)

you know isaac just blew his knee and is probably out for next year too right
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#51 » by getrichordie » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:42 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:They should actually trade Jonathan Isaac, since he has a lot more trade value than AG

hot damn. tough loss for ORL. the kid can't get a break.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#52 » by Topofthekey » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:48 am

Godaddycurse wrote:

I didn't

Well, good news for the Magic is, they can continue to tank now
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Post#53 » by Mike lorenzo » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:59 am

Trade 1
Gordon/ #15 a Timberwolves
#3/J.Johnson a Magic
Trade 2
Fournier a TPE Gsw
Paschall a Magic
Trade 3
J.Johnson/Iwundu a Dallas
Jackson/Wright/#31 a Magic

Vuc/Bamba/Birch
Isaak/Paschall /Aminu
Okeke/Ross/Jackson
(#3Edwards )/Ennis/(#31 Bane)
Fultz/Wright/Augustin
young and sexy, if the boys develop as expected ...
1+1=11
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#54 » by Skybox » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:25 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I didn't

Well, good news for the Magic is, they can continue to tank now

Based on the trade targets you listed, I assumed you did. Most of them are of less value than Isaac in a wheelchair.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#55 » by Resistance » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:51 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:Trade 1
Gordon/ #15 a Timberwolves
#3/J.Johnson a Magic
Trade 2
Fournier a TPE Gsw
Paschall a Magic
Trade 3
J.Johnson/Iwundu a Dallas
Jackson/Wright/#31 a Magic

Vuc/Bamba/Birch
Isaak/Paschall /Aminu
Okeke/Ross/Jackson
(#3Edwards )/Ennis/(#31 Bane)
Fultz/Wright/Augustin
young and sexy, if the boys develop as expected ...

I don't have Gordon with enough value to get that package from Minnesota.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#56 » by Buzzard » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:04 pm

Orlando needs to try to trade Vuc and Gordon. What ever 1st round picks they can get. After this weekends horrible injury to Isaac, they need to start drafting high enough to land All Star potential.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#57 » by zaymon » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:22 pm

I think Vucevic still matches with Isaac window after recovery. One i would trade is Gordon. I think we can still win without him, we make room for another forward project in case Isaac never fully recovers. We have Ennis, Aminu and Okeke to play majority of minutes. Gordon value is the highest and we dont really need him. Now it even makes more sense to trade him
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#58 » by Buzzard » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:32 pm

zaymon wrote:I think Vucevic still matches with Isaac window after recovery. One i would trade is Gordon. I think we can still win without him, we make room for another forward project in case Isaac never fully recovers. We have Ennis, Aminu and Okeke to play majority of minutes. Gordon value is the highest and we dont really need him. Now it even makes more sense to trade him

Trading Gordon with Isaac's injury puts Orlando in tank mode. I think they should do that. Vuc is a tough move but if Hayward tries to get 30 million a season, I could see Boston looking at him in a possible sign and trade.

Vuc makes 26, 24, and 22 million a year over his next three seasons. That is not great value but it is substantial savings over any player trying to get 30 million a year.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#59 » by VDT » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:45 pm

Isaac's injury can be a blessing in disguise if Orlando decides to tank for a couple of years, especially if they can sign him on a bargain contract. At some point the Magic will have to understand that they dont have the talent to achieve much. Problem is that this new FO is already invested in these players so it will not survive the tank.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#60 » by zaymon » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:01 pm

Buzzard wrote:
zaymon wrote:I think Vucevic still matches with Isaac window after recovery. One i would trade is Gordon. I think we can still win without him, we make room for another forward project in case Isaac never fully recovers. We have Ennis, Aminu and Okeke to play majority of minutes. Gordon value is the highest and we dont really need him. Now it even makes more sense to trade him

Trading Gordon with Isaac's injury puts Orlando in tank mode. I think they should do that. Vuc is a tough move but if Hayward tries to get 30 million a season, I could see Boston looking at him in a possible sign and trade.

Vuc makes 26, 24, and 22 million a year over his next three seasons. That is not great value but it is substantial savings over any player trying to get 30 million a year.

We will never get fair value for Vucevic, he is a legit all star yet people offer negative value for him. I get why but it makes no sense for us to trade him. Gordon is far worse player but his value is higher becouse of his position and skill set. Remember we have Okeke and Aminu coming next year who both are hybrid 3/4. If we trade Gordon for high upside prospect this year we could be better next year and in the future. We will see how rest of the bubble unfolds but right now our starters are blowing teams up. We still have Fultz and Bamba to develop, as well as our 2020 frp. Isaac is a cornerstone player ( more future thqn present)but we can win a lot next year even without him.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Trades and Transactions