[2020] Team Needs Master List

Moderators: loserX, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe

NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 3,144

Re: [2020] Team Needs Master List 

Post#41 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jun 6, 2020 1:27 pm

Love this thread, but as I read through the OP, one thought came to mind:

The NBA has had stretches where defense was emphasized - a little
But offense is what gets the fans interested (true in most sports).
each team should probably begin with "Need defense and ..." :lol:

Denver doesn't list defense in the OP but our coach tends to not play players because of weak defense (except Barton, he'll always play Barton).

The OP says Denver needs "better wings + rotation big" and there's no doubt that's quite true.
I would have said, "backup center" (afraid Plumlee leaves) plus we need half of our young players to become consistent :wink: (Murray, Porter, Harris, Grant, Morris, Bates-Diop, Dozier, Bol) I'd be happy with just two or three of those living up to potential and finally, we need Jokic to be more assertive on the offensive end (my opinion) but his game is what it is and I'll take it all day long.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,639

Post#42 » by malik959 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 2:13 pm

Good tread, for the Knicks I would love for them to go after Oladepo and sign Woods this offseason. At guard we have quite a few options in the draft with Halliburton, Hayes, and Cole. Randle (puts up some great numbers) does not fit because he is unable to space the floor.

Halliburton/Frank
Oladepo/Bullock/C.Stanley
Barrett/Brazdeikis
Woods/Patrick Williams
Robinson/Wooten
Buzzard
Analyst
And1: 2,132

Post#43 » by Buzzard » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:43 pm

getrichordie wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Spoiler:
Got bored and decided to create a master list of all team needs. It's a rough list, so if anyone wants to debate it, add to it, or thinks something needs to be changed, please feel free to suggest changes. I will do my best to keep it as updated as possible.

Thanks
GROD.

atlanta hawks
— defensive-minded 2 + better 2nd string point + better back up 5

1. Hawks are hopeful Cam Reddish is that defensive minded SG. As bad as his offense was to start his early NBA career, his defense kept him on the court. He started putting it together on offense once the calender switched to 2020.
2. Yes to 2nd string PG
3. Dewayne Dedmon is adequate as the backup 5 to Capela.
4. Hawks need a backup PF behind John Collins, none currently on the roster.

Changed back up 5 to "2nd string 4"

I see the Hawks as 7 deep right now:
Trae, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins, Capela, Dedmon

BU PG is a need
BU PF is a need

They really need a shooter and one defender coming off the bench. I don't care if its a draft pick or free agent acquisition. They can be a PG or PF, even a forward tweener.
"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, rebounding wins championships." Pat Summitt

"Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships." Paul Bear Bryant

Return to Trades and Transactions