[2020] Team Needs Master List

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: [2020] Team Needs Master List 

Post#21 » by HornetJail » Thu May 28, 2020 5:31 pm

NBAhipster24 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
NBAhipster24 wrote:Portland having a guy that's a legit 6'7 or 6'8 play the three would be incredible. Just someones who's a body and hit C&S 3's at 35% would be perfect

Nic Batum come on down!!!!

If he didn't make so much money and actually gave a **** he would be fine lmao

He will probably give a **** on another team, but yeah $27M is about 5 times what he should be making lol

I'm guessing he is bought out if not traded. He's definitely done here
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 552

Post#22 » by aguiar95 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:58 pm

Texas Chuck wrote: And of your list only White figures to be available and he's not a great fit in Dallas. Wood is talented, but definitely a center as well. Nance would have to be a center here as well.

White not a great fit?

Why Wood and Nance HAVE to play C? What about Maxi, is he definetely a C too? If so, we have 0 "PFs" on the roster.

Also who do you have defending on-ball other than DFS (not good against bigger guys)?

Basically we need defenders on the positions we have no depth (SF/PF).
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,813

Post#23 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Maxi can both shoot well enough to play PF on offense and guard in space well enough to do so--heck we used him against some bigger wings to good effect as well.

Nance can't play PF at either end and Wood can't defend the position or really defend at well period at this point.

I agree we need better defenders at both forward spots. I just don't think you are addressing it with those specific players.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#24 » by loserX » Thu May 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Team needs for Utah look about right, but just to be a little more specific:

It would be great if our new 4 can shoot; that's obviously part of our system. But we already have a guy who can do only that in Georges Niang.

IMHO we need a 4 who can defend other 4s and roll to the rim...*and* he should ideally be able to shoot. That's admittedly a tall order (who doesn't want that?) and we'll be looking for the bargain version of whoever that is, I just want to be clear that when people see "stretch 4" that Utah shouldn't be looking at Davis Bertans or Chris Tolliver or other guys with that one skill and not much else.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#25 » by penbeast0 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:30 pm

Wizards needs aren't strong enough. They need more defense and another star, and that's if Wall comes back healthy and the team plays together. It can be a defensive star but even peak Wall and Beal isn't enough with our frontcourt at its current levels and maybe a backup wing to be anything more than meh. If Hachimura, Bryant, or Brown suddenly develops into a star then we can worry about a backup wing or swapping around pieces around them for better fit.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#26 » by getrichordie » Thu May 28, 2020 6:34 pm

jayu70 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Spoiler:
Got bored and decided to create a master list of all team needs. It's a rough list, so if anyone wants to debate it, add to it, or thinks something needs to be changed, please feel free to suggest changes. I will do my best to keep it as updated as possible.

Thanks
GROD.

atlanta hawks
— defensive-minded 2 + better 2nd string point + better back up 5

1. Hawks are hopeful Cam Reddish is that defensive minded SG. As bad as his offense was to start his early NBA career, his defense kept him on the court. He started putting it together on offense once the calender switched to 2020.
2. Yes to 2nd string PG
3. Dewayne Dedmon is adequate as the backup 5 to Capela.
4. Hawks need a backup PF behind John Collins, none currently on the roster.

Changed back up 5 to "2nd string 4"
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#27 » by getrichordie » Thu May 28, 2020 6:37 pm

loserX wrote:Team needs for Utah look about right, but just to be a little more specific:

It would be great if our new 4 can shoot; that's obviously part of our system. But we already have a guy who can do only that in Georges Niang.

IMHO we need a 4 who can defend other 4s and roll to the rim...*and* he should ideally be able to shoot. That's admittedly a tall order (who doesn't want that?) and we'll be looking for the bargain version of whoever that is, I just want to be clear that when people see "stretch 4" that Utah shouldn't be looking at Davis Bertans or Chris Tolliver or other guys with that one skill and not much else.

Changed to "2-way 4/5"
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#28 » by getrichordie » Thu May 28, 2020 6:38 pm

penbeast0 wrote:Wizards needs aren't strong enough. They need more defense and another star, and that's if Wall comes back healthy and the team plays together. It can be a defensive star but even peak Wall and Beal isn't enough with our frontcourt at its current levels and maybe a backup wing to be anything more than meh. If Hachimura, Bryant, or Brown suddenly develops into a star then we can worry about a backup wing or swapping around pieces around them for better fit.

Added "star" to the list of needs for the Wiz.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 552

Post#29 » by aguiar95 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Maxi can both shoot well enough to play PF on offense and guard in space well enough to do so--heck we used him against some bigger wings to good effect as well. Nance can't play PF at either end and Wood can't defend the position or really defend at well period at this point.

Just like on Gordon, I agree to disagree. Who do you have as targets for us on those forward spots?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#30 » by getrichordie » Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Bulls:

Pure pass first PG, a guy that's going to try and average 8-9 assists per game not 18PPG they've got White and Lavine to score

2021 starting SF long term contract for a #2 or 3 top scorer. They have Porter with an expiring contract who if healthy is a solid 3 scorer maybe 4 behind Markkanen. Hutchison could be just like Porter but needs to stay healthy and then be aggressive with the ball which he hasn't yet. People keep suggesting trading way Satoransky for nothing but he's a capable reserve at 3 positions.

A healthy engaged Markkanen to play like what he looked like a couple of years ago otherwise a FA or draft pick PF

More shooting off the bench. Kornet if healthy (how is that the factor with 80% of this roster?) could get minutes as the 3rd PF/C, Adam Mokoka from the G League looked like an NBA player before play stopped he should at least be on the roster as a 3rd shooting guard. A replacement at 3rd center for Felicio who looks slow and uninterested.

added "bench shooting" to team needs. should I add "emergency big?"
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#31 » by getrichordie » Thu May 28, 2020 6:44 pm

gom wrote:Miami's biggest need isn't at wing or point guard, where the team is pretty well served. I expect Miami will keep its young pieces like Nunn & Herro, especially in the face of salary cap constraints. I feel Miami needs a power forward to run next to Adebayo more than help in the backcourt.

I predict this offseason Miami will resign Crowder and Derrick Jones Jr to one-year deals and draft a front court player to develop (C or PF, Precious Achiuwa, Aleksej Pokuševski, Vernon Carey, or Jalen Smith), but Miami's next significant piece should be someone like Giannis or Davis rather than Beal.

I expect Miami to resign Dragic too, so money will be scarce. It's the same everywhere though.

The end goal should be to pair Butler & Adebayo with another key piece.

Changed to "star + starting stretch 4." Does that work?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#32 » by gom » Fri May 29, 2020 1:02 am

getrichordie wrote:
gom wrote:Miami's biggest need isn't at wing or point guard, where the team is pretty well served. I expect Miami will keep its young pieces like Nunn & Herro, especially in the face of salary cap constraints. I feel Miami needs a power forward to run next to Adebayo more than help in the backcourt.

I predict this offseason Miami will resign Crowder and Derrick Jones Jr to one-year deals and draft a front court player to develop (C or PF, Precious Achiuwa, Aleksej Pokuševski, Vernon Carey, or Jalen Smith), but Miami's next significant piece should be someone like Giannis or Davis rather than Beal.

I expect Miami to resign Dragic too, so money will be scarce. It's the same everywhere though.

Changed to "star + starting stretch 4." Does that work?

Yes. However, we feel Bam is star enough if we get a good 4. Unless it's Anthony Davis or Giannis, however, I'd prefer Miami to not do anything this summer except resign players. The offseason looks to be pretty terrifying to be honest.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#33 » by TheNetsFan » Fri May 29, 2020 2:07 am

Nets: Coach, perimeter defense, consistent third option. Ideally a 3rd star that excels on defense & can initiate the offense when KD & Kyrie are off the court.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#34 » by getrichordie » Fri May 29, 2020 6:34 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Nets: Coach, perimeter defense, consistent third option. Ideally a 3rd star that excels on defense & can initiate the offense when KD & Kyrie are off the court.

Added defense to the list of needs.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#35 » by getrichordie » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 pm

texas chuck wrote:.

loserx wrote:.

Would mods consider pinning this? I think it is useful for the trade board. Gives posters a tool to use to identify team needs.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#36 » by hugepatsfan » Fri May 29, 2020 9:20 pm

I agree with rim protecting 5 for Boston needs. I would replace "wing depth" with shooting off the bench and shot creation off the bench. More specific to what they need.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#37 » by loserX » Fri May 29, 2020 9:23 pm

getrichordie wrote:

Would mods consider pinning this? I think it is useful for the trade board. Gives posters a tool to use to identify team needs.

Done!
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#38 » by getrichordie » Fri May 29, 2020 9:27 pm

loserX wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Done!

Thanks!
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#39 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Jun 2, 2020 7:02 pm

Gallinari looks very good for miami
1+1=11
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#40 » by gom » Wed Jun 3, 2020 3:00 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:

Gallinari looks very good for miami

Yeah, that's a pretty easy pass for the Heat. Pat opted not to trade for him during the season, so I don't see it happening now.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Trades and Transactions