Big al and Richardson for THJ and Maxi

Moderators: Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, loserX

psman2
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Re: Big al and Richardson for THJ and Maxi 

Post#21 » by psman2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
psman2 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it also a fact that Powell is a big negative next year and likely long term as well and JRich > than THJ.

I think you would have to swap Powell for Wright as others posted to make this enticing enough for Philly to consider.

No, I’m wouldn’t say it’s fair to say Powell is a huge negative next season and beyond. The reason is because Carlisle loves him. He has a very defined role on the team and he’s one of the best roll men in the NBA. If you add him to any contending team that has a heavy P&R offense and he’s going to make them better.

Now no doubt that JRich and Horford are better players but I don’t think that JRich would be ok being the 3rd option. That’s what makes guys THJ and Powell so valuable to playoff teams. They embrace their role as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th option. It’s like when Wes Matthews was in Dallas. He couldn’t accept his role. He always tried to do too much which affected the on court chemistry. As for Horford, I like his game and when he brings would be better than Powell but his contract just makes it impossible for the Mavs to trade for him, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRich is already the 4 scoring option on Philly and likely be no better than 3rd on any playoff quality team. Has JRich complained about his usage or something I am not aware of? The problem with Wes was he wasn't good regardless of what his role was.

IF Powell is valuable to Dallas then swap him out for less valuable players from your teams point of view because I don't think Philly and likely any team outside of Dallas would view him as a positive. OR don't make a trade like this and play worse players because they know their roles, that's one way to go.

Regardless I don't see Philly doing the trade in the OP and it sounds like you wouldn't either.
ACM_Dirk
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#22 » by ACM_Dirk » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Without adding a 3rd team it's near impossible to make a deal that makes everyone happy.

Something like this could work, but tbh I don't know:
PHI: Curry + Wood (S&T) + Kennard + Snell
DAL: Richardson
DET: Horford + Zhaire + Jackson + 2020 OKC 1st rp + 2020 DAL 1st rp + 2020 GSW 2nd rp.
Maybe it's not enough for DET.
Philly adds shooters and depth. The problem is they take less talents, their ongoing players are still the better in the deal.
Someone might tell me to cut DAL, but for DET it's too risky to take Richardson because of his contract.
ACMFFL
Michaellam1987
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#23 » by Michaellam1987 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:45 am

Is Richardson really that much of upgrade to THJ? Also, Horford’s contract is too big and risky, considering he is 34 already. I would pass if I am DAL
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 2,150

Post#24 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:05 am

I would not touch Horford's contract with a ten foot pole.
Swish1906
Veteran
And1: 3,533

Post#25 » by Swish1906 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:43 pm

Easy no for Dallas. Horfords contract is horrible and he allready declined (father age...).

I also have Maxi as more valuable player than Josh because Klebers skilkset is way rarer.

If they like Josh and dont get one of the big FA fishes they always have the option to throw 20m+ at Josh in the 2021 FA AND keep Maxi and THJ.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 39,438

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:08 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
If they like Josh and dont get one of the big FA fishes they always have the option to throw 20m+ at Josh in the 2021 FA AND keep Maxi and THJ.

Setting aside the obviousness that Richardson would have multiple suitors and no reason to assume he would choose Dallas. There is no path to Dallas being able to sign him to that kind of contract and keep THJ. Dallas would have to waive his Bird Rights to clear the cap space to sign Richardson leaving them only the room exception and THJ is almost certainly going to get more than that and if he doesn't it's because of a serious injury or his game fell completely off a cliff.

I'm also a huge Maxi fan, but I don't believe even with the extra years under contract that he's more valuable than Richardson.
Black Lives Matter

Return to Trades and Transactions