Bojan Bogdanović to POR

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Jamal23
Junior
And1: 18

Bojan Bogdanović to POR 

Post#1 » by Jamal23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:57 pm

POR Receives: Bojan Bogdanović
ORL Receives: Anfernee Simons , Georges Niang, Trevor Ariza & Rodney Hood
Utah Receives: Aaron Gordon

WHY POR: Bogdanovic is averaging 20.2 points per game on above 40% shooting from the field and distance while hitting at a 90% clip from the line. These are pretty rare numbers in today’s NBA believe it or not, really only reserved for guys like Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry.

WHY ORL:At the age of just 20, and playing behind an MVP candidate in Damian Lillard, not to mention a perennial 20-point scorer in C.J. McCollum, Simons never got a chance to cement himself as a high-volume scorer, as shots and opportunities weren’t plentiful, evident by his 8.8-point scoring average on 8.1 nightly shot attempts in 21.5 minutes. Last year Anfernee Simons made some history Simons joined LeBron James and Kevin Durant as the only teenagers in NBA history to put up at least 37 points and 9 assists in a game.From an offensive perspective Simons has a high ceiling as a scorer. Being able to get a shot off consistently, especially off the dribble, is a highly-valued and much desired NBA skill.

WHY JAZZ: The team’s biggest issue this season has been the perimeter logjam between Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley, and Joe Ingles. Utah has struggled to find a rhythm since adding Conley and Bogdanovic this offseason. There haven’t been enough basketballs to go around, or spots in the lineup. Playing Mitchell-Conley-Ingles with Bogdanovic and Rudy Gobert means taking Royce O’Neale, the team’s best perimeter defender, off the floor. Jazz coach Quin Snyder has said that he has “six starters” in an effort to keep everyone happy with their playing time. Gordon is developing into a very nice player, who can play and defend multiple positions on the floor and is more than just a dunker now.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,500

Re: Bojan Bogdanović to POR 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:08 pm

i feel like Gordon would be a much better fit with POR than Bojan even though i have Bojan as the better player
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,257

Post#3 » by hugepatsfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:13 pm

I feel like ORL would prefer to just take Bojan for themselves and cut POR out.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#4 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 pm

This seems a bit advanced value for the Portland package.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#5 » by loserX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:18 pm

As a Jazz fan I'd rather have Bogdanovic than Gordon, though I know there are Jazz fans who disagree.

One of the reasons we gave up Favors to add Bogdanovic is that playing against Houston showed we didn't have enough shot creation. We made the swap, and although there are certainly things we miss about Favors and need replaced, Bogdanovic played very well and added the dimension we most needed.

Trading him for Gordon takes that away again and puts us back where we started, so I pass. I'd like to add a true PF who can roll and defend 4s etc., but not at the cost of Bogi.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#6 » by Crives » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:27 pm

Portland needs to add their first
I don’t see Utah interested in this at all. They need spacing with Gobert.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#7 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Portland stealing too much value.

In reality Simons is worth what a high SRP? Hood is a negative contract and Arica is simply a salary filler.

Orlando rather just deal for Bog straight up.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,805

Post#8 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 pm

In reality Simons is worth what a high SRP?

Simons didn't play college ball and was a redshirt rookie. He hasn't lit the world on fire, but at 20 he has already been a contributor to a bubble playoff team and has shown flashes of being able to create his own shot. His advanced stats are horrible, and he clearly has a ways to go, but he has some natural talents that are undeniable. I believe he is worth a late FRP, but would argue early 20's despite his advanced stat issue. If he is at the point of having SRP value around the league, we will keep him.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#9 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

Simons didn't play college ball and was a redshirt rookie. He hasn't lit the world on fire, but at 20 he has already been a contributor to a bubble playoff team and has shown flashes of being able to create his own shot. His advanced stats are horrible, and he clearly has a ways to go, but he has some natural talents that are undeniable. I believe he is worth a late FRP, but would argue early 20's despite his advanced stat issue. If he is at the point of having SRP value around the league, we will keep him.

I would be surprised if our lottery pick ends up being better than Simons. That isn't to say Simons should be worth a lottery pick from another team because you drive a car off the lot it loses half its value, but if I had to pick between keeping our pick and keeping Simons then I personally would go with Simons (and I really like Ne$mith at our pick...)
Jamal23
Junior

Post#10 » by Jamal23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:16 pm

POR Receives: Bojan Bogdanović
Utah Receives: Anfernee Simons, Nemanja Bjelica & Trevor Ariza
SAC Receives: Georges Niang & Ed davis
Jamal23
Junior

Post#11 » by Jamal23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:24 pm

POR Receives: Kelly Oubre Jr.
PHX Receives: Bojan Bogdanović
Utah Receives: Anfernee Simons, Dario Šarić or Frank Kaminsky
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#12 » by JRoy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:This seems a bit advanced value for the Portland package.

That is charitable.

Still no takebacksies.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#13 » by JRoy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:32 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

I would be surprised if our lottery pick ends up being better than Simons. That isn't to say Simons should be worth a lottery pick from another team because you drive a car off the lot it loses half its value, but if I had to pick between keeping our pick and keeping Simons then I personally would go with Simons (and I really like Ne$mith at our pick...)

I like Nesmith a lot too. More than Simons because his game fits a clear role.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,379

Post#14 » by Myth » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:43 am

Jamal23 wrote:WHY ORL:At the age of just 20, and playing behind an MVP candidate in Damian Lillard, not to mention a perennial 20-point scorer in C.J. McCollum, Simons never got a chance to cement himself as a high-volume scorer, as shots and opportunities weren’t plentiful, evident by his 8.8-point scoring average on 8.1 nightly shot attempts in 21.5 minutes. Last year Anfernee Simons made some history Simons joined LeBron James and Kevin Durant as the only teenagers in NBA history to put up at least 37 points and 9 assists in a game.From an offensive perspective Simons has a high ceiling as a scorer. Being able to get a shot off consistently, especially off the dribble, is a highly-valued and much desired NBA skill.

This copy and paste job you do from thread to thread really tries hard to sell people on Simons. Typically, if you have to sell this hard, including a single game to compare somebody with HOFs, it means you are trying to justify a ripoff. This tactic is not as effective as I think you believe it is.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#15 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:02 pm

Myth wrote:
Jamal23 wrote:WHY ORL:At the age of just 20, and playing behind an MVP candidate in Damian Lillard, not to mention a perennial 20-point scorer in C.J. McCollum, Simons never got a chance to cement himself as a high-volume scorer, as shots and opportunities weren’t plentiful, evident by his 8.8-point scoring average on 8.1 nightly shot attempts in 21.5 minutes. Last year Anfernee Simons made some history Simons joined LeBron James and Kevin Durant as the only teenagers in NBA history to put up at least 37 points and 9 assists in a game.From an offensive perspective Simons has a high ceiling as a scorer. Being able to get a shot off consistently, especially off the dribble, is a highly-valued and much desired NBA skill.

This copy and paste job you do from thread to thread really tries hard to sell people on Simons. Typically, if you have to sell this hard, including a single game to compare somebody with HOFs, it means you are trying to justify a ripoff. This tactic is not as effective as I think you believe it is.

Yeah, if he is trying to get people to like Simon's then he is having the exact opposite effect. The more you hype and push a player the less people are going to like that player.

Return to Trades and Transactions