Ultimate Tank: Wizards

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Re: Ultimate Tank: Wizards 

Post#21 » by Commodor » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Come on.

For example:
#9 for JRich
#9 for Oubre Jr.
and both of those should get a nice 2nd rounder/flyer prospect too.

And with such trade, Warriors are at way less cap helI than Wiggins + using Iggy TPE, plus have Bryant.

Higher dollar wings:
OPJ + Markkanen or WCJ or ?
Barnes + ?
Covington + Gordon
Winslow + ? Brooks +

All options (and more) that otherwise would hang up phone if Wiggins is part of the equation.

So end of the day we’re giving up the #2 overall pick and the MIN pick for Josh Richardson or Kelly Oubre and Bryant? That’s still an easy pass for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+Remaining TPE (29.5 minus acquired player)
+Not in luxtax problems (point of OP, why they don’t use Iggy TPE)
+Don’t have Wiggins and his albatross

Aren't those essentially the same 3 points?
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#22 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:32 pm

loserX wrote:This seems like a HUGE risk for the Knicks. I know they like to make big splashes, but they not only reverse course, they pretty much clear out the cupboard entirely to get left with Beal and Randle and a bunch of prayers that somebody signs there. I might overpay for Beal if he were the *last* piece of the puzzle. I wouldn't risk setting the franchise back another half decade based on this.

The Knicks have not tried to make a big splash sense Derrick Rose & we see how that turned out,
also there is no way NY trade Barrett and 4 FRP for Beal only to watch him ask out because they blow their wad on him.
OP trade is ludicrous.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#23 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:39 am

Rockazoids wrote:
loserX wrote:This seems like a HUGE risk for the Knicks. I know they like to make big splashes, but they not only reverse course, they pretty much clear out the cupboard entirely to get left with Beal and Randle and a bunch of prayers that somebody signs there. I might overpay for Beal if he were the *last* piece of the puzzle. I wouldn't risk setting the franchise back another half decade based on this.

The Knicks have not tried to make a big splash sense Derrick Rose & we see how that turned out,
also there is no way NY trade Barrett and 4 FRP for Beal only to watch him ask out because they blow their wad on him.
OP trade is ludicrous.

Knicks really need to get lucky in 2020 lotto. Otherwise any consolidation trade is going to be a large quantity collection vs. quality.

Barrett is a nice player, but no sophomore with his performance does anything but the usual depressed value after driven off lot. He is not worth where he was drafted.

The #6 isn’t a premium draft slot in a already not premium draft.

Dallas FRPs: 2021 unprotected is nice. Very arguable destined to be late FRP in now 2021 draft that is looking highly questionable with every passing Covid crisis day. So again just a “nice” asset — not premium. 2023 is top 10 protected.

Bottom line, Knicks need something to break their way to get more quality over quantity. Getting into top 3 in 2020 would really help.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#24 » by Rockazoids » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:14 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:

OP trade is ludicrous.

Knicks really need to get lucky in 2020 lotto. Otherwise any consolidation trade is going to be a large quantity collection vs. quality.

Barrett is a nice player, but no sophomore with his performance does anything but the usual depressed value after driven off lot. He is not worth where he was drafted.

Dallas FRPs: 2021 unprotected is nice. Very arguable destined to be late FRP in now 2021 draft that is looking highly questionable with every passing Covid crisis day. So again just a “nice” asset — not premium. 2023 is top 10 protected.

Bottom line, Knicks need something to break their way to get more quality over quantity. Getting into top 3 in 2020 would really help.

So are you saying no rookie has got better
A rookie RJ Barrett
14.3 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.0 SPG, 40.2 FG%, 32.0 3P%, 61.4 FT%, 47.9 TS%

A rookie Brandon Ingram
9.4 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 2.1 APG, 0.6 SPG, 40.2 FG%, 29.4 3P%, 62.2 FT% , 47.4 TS%

20/19 Brandon Ingram
24.2 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.0 SPG , 46.4 FG%, 38.4 3P%, 85.8 FT%, 58.8 TS%

So your depressed value after driven off lot claim doesn't hold water.
Barrett was only about 3 months older than Ingram in their rookie year.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#25 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:18 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:The Knicks have not tried to make a big splash sense Derrick Rose & we see how that turned out,
OP trade is ludicrous.

So are you saying no rookie has got better
A rookie RJ Barrett
14.3 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.0 SPG, 40.2 FG%, 32.0 3P%, 61.4 FT%, 47.9 TS%

A rookie Brandon Ingram
9.4 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 2.1 APG, 0.6 SPG, 40.2 FG%, 29.4 3P%, 62.2 FT% , 47.4 TS%

20/19 Brandon Ingram
24.2 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.0 SPG , 46.4 FG%, 38.4 3P%, 85.8 FT%, 58.8 TS%

So your depressed value after driven off lot claim doesn't hold water.
Barrett was only about 3 months older than Ingram in their rookie year.

Since you posted it twice...I will have myself a twofor...

You realize anyone — who cared enough — could post even better rookie stats for a gang load of players who are not even in the league or barely hanging on. Development is not linear nor guaranteed.

One could also post stats for superstars now that looked like bench warmers as rookie and sophomore players.

Note: this is not a knock on Barrett, just stating the obvious.

Return to Trades and Transactions