One more for Dallas

Moderators: Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mike lorenzo
Sophomore
Posts: 157
And1: 24
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

One more for Dallas 

Post#1 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:17 am

My trades fall fast, feel free to fix aim improve wing

CLIPPERS
Out:
Firm and change :
M.Morris-2yrs / 15
Reggie Jackson -2years / 6
Kabengele
In: D.Rose /Thj

DALLAS
Out: Thj/ # 18
In: M.Morris

PISTONS
Out: Rose
In: # 18 /Reggie /Kabengele
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 52,815
And1: 40,911
Joined: May 19, 2012
   

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:23 pm

This is actually 2 deals. Both s&t. Hard to see Jackson back in Detroit, especially on that contract. Also feels like an overpay for Rose.

Dallas doesn't want to tie up future money, and lose THJ, and give up their best asset for Morris. He does give them needed size on the wing, but I don't see how he moves the needle enough to warrant that.

I also don't see how the Clippers afford those contracts and keep Trez. I realize their owner has all the money, but I still can't see that kind of payroll.
Black Lives Matter
DetroitDon15
General Manager
Posts: 7,714
And1: 164
Joined: Jul 23, 2002
Location: Michigan
         

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#3 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:This is actually 2 deals. Both s&t. Hard to see Jackson back in Detroit, especially on that contract. Also feels like an overpay for Rose.

Dallas doesn't want to tie up future money, and lose THJ, and give up their best asset for Morris. He does give them needed size on the wing, but I don't see how he moves the needle enough to warrant that.

I also don't see how the Clippers afford those contracts and keep Trez. I realize their owner has all the money, but I still can't see that kind of payroll.


Id be okay with this deal if the Reggie deal has the second year as a team option. Could easily flip him or buy him out if need be.

I'm not really sure how the cap works on this deal. It doesn't seem like the Sign and trades work cap wise.
When a good hip player meets lotto team, your Pistons give us this gem:

Image

DetroitDon15 is a Piston Fan!
Godaddycurse
Rookie
Posts: 1,028
And1: 449
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:28 pm

sign and trades need to be 3 years or more. pretty sure morris can get MLE money too
Mike lorenzo
Sophomore
Posts: 157
And1: 24
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#5 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm

I would add Delon / Jackson to Snell to slightly offset the Mavs Salary fa 21
I have a Morris receiving more MLE
User avatar
Rockazoids
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,184
And1: 709
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Location: Cincinnati
     

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#6 » by Rockazoids » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:52 pm

Why would LAC want THJ when the have Lou Williams for $10M less per year?
KEEP YOUR BUTT @ HOME
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Mike lorenzo
Sophomore
Posts: 157
And1: 24
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#7 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:04 pm

Rockazoids wrote:Why would LAC want THJ when the have Lou Williams for $10M less per year?

They also have George / Leonard / Green ... for Morris's work ... I may have mistakenly assumed that Rose might look great in L.A.
vxmike
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,016
And1: 2,529
Joined: Sep 24, 2014
 

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#8 » by vxmike » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:41 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:This is actually 2 deals. Both s&t. Hard to see Jackson back in Detroit, especially on that contract. Also feels like an overpay for Rose.

Dallas doesn't want to tie up future money, and lose THJ, and give up their best asset for Morris. He does give them needed size on the wing, but I don't see how he moves the needle enough to warrant that.

I also don't see how the Clippers afford those contracts and keep Trez. I realize their owner has all the money, but I still can't see that kind of payroll.


Agree this doesn’t move the needle for Dallas. THJ has actually been solid for them despite being a bit overpaid.

Ballmer has increased his wealth like $10B since Covid started. This is probably his best chance to buy a title with the Clippers FA Bird Rights. He can either re-sign his guys or flip some players for even better players that earn more. Everyone else is looking to save money but it’s literally no barrier for Ballmer.
Michaellam1987
Sophomore
Posts: 244
And1: 40
Joined: Jan 22, 2020

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#9 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:03 pm

No from DAL, why use a #18 pick to trade THJ into Morris, who is not much an upgrade at all
Mike lorenzo
Sophomore
Posts: 157
And1: 24
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#10 » by Mike lorenzo » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:22 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:No from DAL, why use a #18 pick to trade THJ into Morris, who is not much an upgrade at all

the goal is to find a guy who can defend himself a little bit, I'm not sure # 18 will do it,
I also think these guys need some veteran ... it's troubling how they break down at important times. Morris is not perfect but I think it would help
Michaellam1987
Sophomore
Posts: 244
And1: 40
Joined: Jan 22, 2020

Re: One more for Dallas 

Post#11 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:16 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:No from DAL, why use a #18 pick to trade THJ into Morris, who is not much an upgrade at all

the goal is to find a guy who can defend himself a little bit, I'm not sure # 18 will do it,
I also think these guys need some veteran ... it's troubling how they break down at important times. Morris is not perfect but I think it would help


It is sad to say this, but THJ is already one of the better DAL player from the defensive end. If DAL is interested to sign Morris, they can just use the MLE to sign him, while keeping THJ and the pick.

Return to Trades and Transactions