Orlando Burns It Down - ORL/CHI/MIN/IND/CHA/PHI

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Re: Orlando Burns It Down - ORL/CHI/MIN/IND/CHA/PHI 

Post#21 » by youngcrev » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:25 am

jonbob17 wrote:Is Orlando's 4 best players (on offense) only worth the 5th or 6th pick in a historically bad draft, while also taking on a bad contract at a position they don't need?

Honestly? Yeah, probably. Don't imagine any of the are worth a lotto pick individually. What's it matter if they're the 4 best offensive players on the Magic?
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 513

Post#22 » by jjohns828 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:51 am

I have the same problems with this that I had with the thread that has us taking on Wiggins to get a top pick. I don't like the top of the draft enough to trade 4 of our best players and take on 4 players I don't particularly want to get that pick. I'd almost rather get just expirings.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#23 » by drosereturn » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:00 am

Decent for chicago. im down.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Post#24 » by jonbob17 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:01 am

youngcrev wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:Is Orlando's 4 best players (on offense) only worth the 5th or 6th pick in a historically bad draft, while also taking on a bad contract at a position they don't need?

Honestly? Yeah, probably. Don't imagine any of the are worth a lotto pick individually. What's it matter if they're the 4 best offensive players on the Magic?

It doesn't matter, just seems strange that basically four starters on a 7th seed team, whose contracts are either good (Gordon) to neutral, only gets one fairly high draft pick in an awful class, and they have to take back a really bad contract, even if it is only two years.
I think Gordon is worth a lottery pick in this crappy draft, probably not a top 7, but 10-13, but maybe you are right. Individually, maybe Fournier and Vucevic are only worth late first/second, add all that up with Gordon maybe that only amounts to the Minnesota first. Still they would have to pay Rozier for 2 more years.

They should consider trading all 4 of those players, but I still think they could get more
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#25 » by youngcrev » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:12 am

jonbob17 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

It doesn't matter, just seems strange that basically four starters on a 7th seed team, whose contracts are either good (Gordon) to neutral, only gets one fairly high draft pick in an awful class, and they have to take back a really bad contract, even if it is only two years.
I think Gordon is worth a lottery pick in this crappy draft, probably not a top 7, but 10-13, but maybe you are right. Individually, maybe Fournier and Vucevic are only worth late first/second, add all that up with Gordon maybe that only amounts to the Minnesota first. Still they would have to pay Rozier for 2 more years.

They should consider trading all 4 of those players, but I still think they could get more

Yeah, I mean, I don't disagree with those evaluations. But in a consolidation effort, I don't think a pick in the 10-13 range plus a couple of late 1sts/early 2nds gets you up to #3 overall.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#26 » by Resistance » Tue Aug 4, 2020 4:38 am

jonbob17 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

The Market just isn't strong for the players that Orlando has to offer. If there was an above average full size SF in the group, then demand would be higher. Of course Orlando would be relutcant to trade an above average full size SF.

Vuceviv and Gordon need to be put in specific situations to be decent fits.

Ross is 29 and has played in 557 games with 176 starts.

Fournier can score, but there are some questions about his defense.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,039

Post#27 » by shangrila » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:04 pm

While I find this trade down for MIN easier to accept than the other one Orlando fans have proposed (i.e. moving down to 15 for Gordon) I think I've soured on Gordon recently. If they can get him for 16+Johnson I'd pull the trigger, if not I'd just move on.

Also just noticed we're giving up the 33rd? Why? I get it's a 2nd but those high ones are valuable. We've already moved down from a top 3 pick, I can't imagine they're throwing in more value on top.

Return to Trades and Transactions