Grizzlies-Mavs simple swap

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

zonedefense
Analyst
And1: 3,941

Grizzlies-Mavs simple swap 

Post#1 » by zonedefense » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:38 pm

Mavs trade: Delon Wright
Grizzlies trade: Kyle Anderson

Nearly identical contract size and length.
Mavs add more size and get a useful wing defender. They have enough shooting to compensate for Andersons lack of 3-point shooting.

Grizzlies reunite with Delon Wright.They obviously already have Morant. Melton and Jones but Wright is more versatile. He can backup Morant but also play minutes at SG as a backup for Brooks. For the Mavs he even played some minutes at SF. Andersons best position is small ball PF but with Jackson JR (fingers crossed for a speedy recovery), Clarke and potentially Porter they already have better options. Anderson obviously also can play SF but the Grizzlies still have Winslow under contract and might resign Josh Jackson.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Re: Grizzlies-Mavs simple swap 

Post#2 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:55 pm

Correct if necessary Mavs fans but Dallas has no interest in Anderson Ami personally I would like something with Winslow
1+1=11
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#3 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:33 am

Memphis probably passes. They already chose to not bring Wright back. Now they have his replacement (Jones) and a prospect that they need to find minutes for (Melton). This also leaves them a little weak at SF.

For Dallas, I feel like there’s a better option out there. I just don’t know who.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#4 » by Pinkyring » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:49 am

Pass for dallas wright is a better player
zonedefense
Analyst
And1: 3,941

Post#5 » by zonedefense » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:01 am

Pinkyring wrote:Pass for dallas wright is a better player

That might be the case but he is a terrible fit in Dallas. One would think that with Brunsons injury he should at least be the backup PG but that´s not the case. Today Curry was missing as well but RC rather started JJB with Burke who just joined the team for the bubble taking over later in the game. Wright is at best the third option at PG. More likely the 4th.
Anderson on the other hand plays a position of need. Might not be a flashy superstar trade but I think both teams would improve.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,711

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:39 am

Not a big fan of either tbh. Wright is so hesitant offensively that he's borderline unplayable right now. And Anderson is one of the absolute worst offensive players in the league. Would rather add value to Wright to get someone who bolstered the rotation.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions