Finish this deal: DAL/MIN/?

Moderators: Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 44,223

Re: Finish this deal: DAL/MIN/? 

Post#21 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 pm

SmokeyPaw wrote:Like maxi better than johnson but not enough to add the 17th and eat wright's contract. I'm not thrilled with the draft at the top, but it looks like there will be interesting prospects available at 17.

Thanks. Only poster to weigh in on the part of the deal I was most interested in.

Yeah if Minny thinks 17 and taking Wright is too much then Dallas probably walks away as dealing Kleber no longer worth it as he's valuable depth and KP insurance.

Curious any ideas you might have on PF next to Towns? Obviously they could roll with Johnson/Juancho one more year, but it feels like the most obvious spot to upgrade. Millsap is interesting as a stopgap. Crowder maybe?
Derek Webb wrote:I was wrong, I'm sorry, and I love you.
ChettheJet
Veteran
And1: 589

Post#22 » by ChettheJet » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:56 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:Chicago sends Porter to Dallas and cut out Minnesota.

Chicago out: Porter, CHI 2021 2nd
Chicago in: Kleber, Wright, Powell, #18

Dallas out: Kleber, Wright, Powell, #18
Dallas in: Porter, CHI 2021 2nd

The money might be right the question would be does DAL think that #18 is worth too much to give up. They do open up $28.5M for 2021.

The Bulls do it for the pick and then have to make more trades. Even plugging in Kleber at the SF and backup PF similar to what Porter would have done.

They have to trade Young and what they get matters. They might as well ship out Felicio to anywhere because he's really mired deep on the bench. Wright backs up White who takes the minutes behind Lavine so Satoransky becomes expendable.

So is it possible to package some combination of Young, Satoransky and Felicio, 1 expiring and 2 with buyouts about $32M and get back something that helps, maybe even an expiring contract like Porter or an injured player who might not play this year.

One that would get the ball rolling, no stars no picks flying around like a tornado

CHI sends: T Young C Felicio
CHI gets: S Dinwiddie C Clemons

BRK sends: Dinwiddie D Jordan
BRK gets: T Young R Covington

HOU sends: R Covington C Clemons
HOU gets: D Jordan C Felicio

Nets get a PF to come off the bench spot start and a versatile SF
Rockets with a new coach get a real center and an expiring backup
Bulls get a backup PG
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 2,200

Post#23 » by jayjaysee » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:10 am

Does Powell, Maxi, Wright, 31 for Johnson, Layman, and probably a min contract or two?

Meaning Dallas uses Maxi’s value to dump Really negative (Powell) and not so negative (Wright) and keeps their first round pick.. Minnesota gets Maxi and Wright and a 2nd..
shrink
RealGM
And1: 5,411

Post#24 » by shrink » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:52 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
SmokeyPaw wrote:Like maxi better than johnson but not enough to add the 17th and eat wright's contract. I'm not thrilled with the draft at the top, but it looks like there will be interesting prospects available at 17.

Thanks. Only poster to weigh in on the part of the deal I was most interested in.

Yeah if Minny thinks 17 and taking Wright is too much then Dallas probably walks away as dealing Kleber no longer worth it as he's valuable depth and KP insurance.

Curious any ideas you might have on PF next to Towns? Obviously they could roll with Johnson/Juancho one more year, but it feels like the most obvious spot to upgrade. Millsap is interesting as a stopgap. Crowder maybe?

Those are both really good names. I think Jerami Grant would look good, though DEN may pay him more than the Wolves if they move on from Millsap. Lots of people still pine over Aaron Gordon. Who’s the next young RoCo, and have we met him yet? There are other players that might be out of our price range right now as well, but if Rosas continues to turn over the roster, new opportunities may arise for the 2021-22 season.

I still feel Johnson will be used as matching salary in a trade - probably every Timberwolf besides KAT is considered in possible trades. But I don’t think Rosas will rush with Johnson. Rosas knew him from the D-League long ago, and he was much better than I expected in a Wolve’s uniform (24 mpg, 37% 3P%, 4.7 RPG, 3.8 APG, 12.0 PPG) and even more surprising to me, I’ve heard he’s been a positive addition to the locker room. Still a negative contract ($16 po), but since he’s on an expiring and teams want cap space for next year’s free agents, I don’t think his trade value is as low as I would have expected when we added him.

I have not heard anything about whether MIN plans to keep Juancho, one way or another. Beasley is very much in the plans and he wants to be here - he’s a gym rat attending the Wolves mini-camp, even without a signed contract. Whether Juancho is a Wolf next year will probably come down to how big a contract he expects, and whether Rosas considers him tradable at that number.
SmokeyPaw
Sixth Man
And1: 900

Post#25 » by SmokeyPaw » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Juancho is possible as a stop gap measure. I think shrink is right that rosas would want a tradeable contract. The guys you've suggested are reasonsble targets. Grant would work but I expect denver to retain him. I've also been thinking about Grant Williams. Liked him in the last draft and the 3 pt shooting in the playoffs isnt surprising me. Given 3 1st rounders I dont expect the celtics to be interested in the 17th so that would require a third team to provide something they'd want.

Return to Trades and Transactions