Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons

Moderators: Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, Trader_Joe, loserX

loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 41,059
And1: 19,619
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
       

Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#1 » by loserX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Yes, I did post this in the Clippers thread, but have fleshed it out a bit more and am looking for comments.

Clippers trade
Marcus Morris S&T (~$17M?)
Montrezl Harrell S&T (~$14M?)
2022 2nd rounder

Clippers receive
Al Horford
Derrick Rose

Ballmer is willing to improve the team by taking on salary, and I think this qualifies. They get the big man upgrade they need to keep up with some of the West's elite bigs, and a playmaker/scorer at the 1. Outgoing salaries are approximate, but as long as they combine for $31M+ or more, the salary matching works.

Sixers trade
Al Horford
Mike Scott
2021 1st, lotto (top 20?) protected

Sixers receive
Marcus Morris, S&T as above
TPE for Horford/Morris (~$10M)
TPE for Scott (~$5M)

The Sixers get a better, cheaper fit with a combo forward who can shoot from outside. Receiving an S&Ted player hard caps them, which is an issue, but this does shave $15.5M (depending on Mook's number) so they still have flexibility under that apron.

Hawks trade
top-55 protected nothing

Hawks receive
Montrezl Harrell, S&T as above
2022 2nd rounder from LAC

The Hawks use capspace to land a needed backup PF. He's not the shooter they might prefer, but he is a capable interior scorer and could be a decent fit with Dedmon's range off the bench. They could sign him outright, but get tipped a 2nd rounder for helping this trade work. They still have loads of cap to pursue guard help and whatever other goals they have.

Pistons trade
Derrick Rose

Pistons receive
Mike Scott
2021 pick from Philadelphia, protections to be agreed

Detroit finally get the first rounder they wanted for Rose, and don't take on any future money.

Thoughts? Am I even on a good track as far as the Clippers are concerned?
myrak433
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,615
And1: 99
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#2 » by myrak433 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 pm

I would had like this before the addition of Capela and Dedmon. I like the player, but not what the Hawks need the most. The Hawks need a 2nd playmaker and a wing that can generate his on offense.

The Hawks could use a backup PF but will be looking for a cheaper one than this.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 54,525
And1: 44,227
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: In racists' heads I guess
   

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Starting with the smaller players. That's about where I have Rose' value. Maybe even a little higher than I have it?
Hate this for the Hawks. Capela gives them their needed rim runner for Trae only he also plays defense. Don't see where Harrell fits with Collins and while maybe you make he and Dedmon work offensively, that feels like a problem defensively.

Im okay with this for Philly though I don't love it. I think Horford is still the better player so this is essentially just a financial move.
I like Horford for the Clippers a lot. He and Zubac are a good center duo and you could steal a few minutes with them together at times. Don't love Rose especially with Lou already off the bench. Seems duplicative.
Derek Webb wrote:I was wrong, I'm sorry, and I love you.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 41,059
And1: 19,619
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
       

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#4 » by loserX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:48 pm

Comments make sense so far, thanks guys. Is there another team where Harrell fits better? Capspace is ideal, but I think expirings would work also (they'd go to Detroit, maybe with extra 2nd or so).
giberish
RealGM
Posts: 12,805
And1: 3,266
Joined: Mar 30, 2006
Location: Whereever you go - there you are

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#5 » by giberish » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:06 pm

I feel that the Clippers would want of a 'run the offense' type of PG to add to their rotation, as opposed to another scoring guard. Though I don't have a good idea of who to get so maybe they just get another PG in general.

It's also very complicated to work S&T deals with a bunch of teams and more then one S&T player.
mattao313
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,577
And1: 2,577
Joined: Aug 29, 2014
       

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#6 » by mattao313 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Id do it for the Pistons
Championships
VDT
Starter
Posts: 2,175
And1: 1,280
Joined: Oct 13, 2018

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#7 » by VDT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:02 pm

From the Sixers point of view, 17 mil seem a lot for Morris (also you dont mention the years ). In addition the Sixers dont need other bigs. They already have Harris and Simmons to play the 4. I dont see the minute for Morris. The pick seems over the top for a trade that doesnt help positionally or in terms of talent.

It could be an option if there was a Simmons trade.

Clippers are good.

For the Hawks it depends entirely on the contract Harell gets and their other options. At the same time i doubt Harrell wants to continue coming off the bench, which he will have to do in Atlanta.

Looks good for Detroit, perhaps too good.
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,120
And1: 8,029
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#8 » by jayu70 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 am

loserX wrote:Comments make sense so far, thanks guys. Is there another team where Harrell fits better? Capspace is ideal, but I think expirings would work also (they'd go to Detroit, maybe with extra 2nd or so).

Charlotte?
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,120
And1: 8,029
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#9 » by jayu70 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:43 am

myrak433 wrote:I would had like this before the addition of Capela and Dedmon. I like the player, but not what the Hawks need the most. The Hawks need a 2nd playmaker and a wing that can generate his on offense.

The Hawks could use a backup PF but will be looking for a cheaper one than this.

Pretty much this.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
Posts: 7,807
And1: 181
Joined: Jul 23, 2002
Location: Michigan
         

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#10 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:32 am

loserX wrote:Yes, I did post this in the Clippers thread, but have fleshed it out a bit more and am looking for comments.

Clippers trade
Marcus Morris S&T (~$17M?)
Montrezl Harrell S&T (~$14M?)
2022 2nd rounder

Clippers receive
Al Horford
Derrick Rose

Ballmer is willing to improve the team by taking on salary, and I think this qualifies. They get the big man upgrade they need to keep up with some of the West's elite bigs, and a playmaker/scorer at the 1. Outgoing salaries are approximate, but as long as they combine for $31M+ or more, the salary matching works.

Sixers trade
Al Horford
Mike Scott
2021 1st, lotto (top 20?) protected

Sixers receive
Marcus Morris, S&T as above
TPE for Horford/Morris (~$10M)
TPE for Scott (~$5M)

The Sixers get a better, cheaper fit with a combo forward who can shoot from outside. Receiving an S&Ted player hard caps them, which is an issue, but this does shave $15.5M (depending on Mook's number) so they still have flexibility under that apron.

Hawks trade
top-55 protected nothing

Hawks receive
Montrezl Harrell, S&T as above
2022 2nd rounder from LAC

The Hawks use capspace to land a needed backup PF. He's not the shooter they might prefer, but he is a capable interior scorer and could be a decent fit with Dedmon's range off the bench. They could sign him outright, but get tipped a 2nd rounder for helping this trade work. They still have loads of cap to pursue guard help and whatever other goals they have.

Pistons trade
Derrick Rose

Pistons receive
Mike Scott
2021 pick from Philadelphia, protections to be agreed

Detroit finally get the first rounder they wanted for Rose, and don't take on any future money.

Thoughts? Am I even on a good track as far as the Clippers are concerned?


Swap the pick to this year for unprotected 2020. It’s non lotto. No need to acquire a pick that is three years away. There’s not chance that pick is in the lotto range so protections just don’t make sense.
When a good hip player meets lotto team, your Pistons give us this gem:

Image

DetroitDon15 is a Piston Fan!
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 41,059
And1: 19,619
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
       

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#11 » by loserX » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:37 am

DetroitDon15 wrote:
loserX wrote:Yes, I did post this in the Clippers thread, but have fleshed it out a bit more and am looking for comments.

Clippers trade
Marcus Morris S&T (~$17M?)
Montrezl Harrell S&T (~$14M?)
2022 2nd rounder

Clippers receive
Al Horford
Derrick Rose

Ballmer is willing to improve the team by taking on salary, and I think this qualifies. They get the big man upgrade they need to keep up with some of the West's elite bigs, and a playmaker/scorer at the 1. Outgoing salaries are approximate, but as long as they combine for $31M+ or more, the salary matching works.

Sixers trade
Al Horford
Mike Scott
2021 1st, lotto (top 20?) protected

Sixers receive
Marcus Morris, S&T as above
TPE for Horford/Morris (~$10M)
TPE for Scott (~$5M)

The Sixers get a better, cheaper fit with a combo forward who can shoot from outside. Receiving an S&Ted player hard caps them, which is an issue, but this does shave $15.5M (depending on Mook's number) so they still have flexibility under that apron.

Hawks trade
top-55 protected nothing

Hawks receive
Montrezl Harrell, S&T as above
2022 2nd rounder from LAC

The Hawks use capspace to land a needed backup PF. He's not the shooter they might prefer, but he is a capable interior scorer and could be a decent fit with Dedmon's range off the bench. They could sign him outright, but get tipped a 2nd rounder for helping this trade work. They still have loads of cap to pursue guard help and whatever other goals they have.

Pistons trade
Derrick Rose

Pistons receive
Mike Scott
2021 pick from Philadelphia, protections to be agreed

Detroit finally get the first rounder they wanted for Rose, and don't take on any future money.

Thoughts? Am I even on a good track as far as the Clippers are concerned?


Swap the pick to this year for unprotected 2020. It’s non lotto. No need to acquire a pick that is three years away. There’s not chance that pick is in the lotto range so protections just don’t make sense.


This trade requires multiple S&Ts which can't take place until *after* the draft. So at that point you have to take whoever was drafted. In that sense, a future pick is easier.
User avatar
Pharaoh
RealGM
Posts: 12,981
And1: 3,217
Joined: Aug 10, 2001

Re: Clippers/Sixers/Hawks/Pistons 

Post#12 » by Pharaoh » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:27 am

Could you cut out Atlanta and send Trez to Detroit or would that mean we lose Wood?

We could send Snell out if that helps preserve cap space.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions