HOU / NOP / PHI

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who accepts/rejects?

All 3 reject
No votes
Only HOU accepts
No votes
Only NOP accepts
No votes
Only PHI accepts
20%
Only HOU and NOP accept
20%
Only HOU and PHI accept
No votes
Only NOP and PHI accept
No votes
All 3 accept
60%

Total votes: 5

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

HOU / NOP / PHI 

Post#1 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 pm

HOU out: Gordon, Tucker
HOU in: Horford

Westbrook/Rivers
Harden/McLemore
House/Nwaba
Covington/Green
Horford/Green

Why? Add a stretch-5 who can protect the rim, which appears to be a need after the Lakers series. Swap Gordon's contract for a shorter, yet more expensive one. Tucker, at 35, is an expendable expiring contract needed for salary matching purposes.

NOP out: Holiday
NOP in: Richardson, Smith, Tucker (exp), #21, 2022 PHI 1st (top-5 protected)

Ball/NAW
Richardson/Redick
Ingram/Hart
Zion/Tucker
Favors/Hayes

Why? They decide they won't max (or near-max) Jrue and move on. In return, they acquire a re-tooling package including an above-average 2 who fits next to Ball, two 1sts, a springy former 1st round pick, and an expiring contract/vet.

PHI out: Horford, Richardson, Smith, #21, 2022 1st (top-5 protected)
PHI in: Holiday, Gordon

Holiday/Milton
Gordon/Korkmaz
Harris/Thybulle
Simmons/Harris
Embiid/FA

Why? Get a PG/playmaker who fits with Simmons/Embiid. Swap Horford's contract for a player on a longer contract, but better fit. Give up the extra assets for another shot at making Simmons/Embiid work.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,296

Re: HOU / NOP / PHI 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:01 pm

I guess my question for this deal is do philly have the money to pay jrue after this year with harris/gordon/embiid/simmons on the books? If so i like it for them. I expect Houston would want a bit more if they are taking the worst contract and giving up a decent role player in tucker
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#3 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:I guess my question for this deal is do philly have the money to pay jrue after this year with harris/gordon/embiid/simmons on the books? If so i like it for them. I expect Houston would want a bit more if they are taking the worst contract and giving up a decent role player in tucker

I don't think Houston's really in position to ask for anything right now. They have 0 assets/minimal flexibility and should probably take the better player and run.

Financially, Philly would have their backs against the wall. Depending on how much they paid Jrue, they'd be nearing the apron, which ownership may or may not sign off on. Given their mistakes (look, it's Tatum vs. Butler in the ECF), they ought to be willing to pay to make up for them.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Post#4 » by LarsV8 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:59 am

Thats a no from me.

Gordon and Tucker both solid playoff performers for us.

Would need multiple picks for this.

Return to Trades and Transactions