Proposal: Jrue to the Heat for a package centred around Herro

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Proposal: Jrue to the Heat for a package centred around Herro 

Post#1 » by Alonzo_Morning » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Haven't really nutted this out other than the two players mentioned in the title. Maybe throw Olynyk to NO. Don't need salaries matching because of Heat's cap space

Add Jrue to the Heat and you've got two of the top 5 (3?) perimeter defenders in the league on the same team. They'd be instant championship favourites for years to come IMO. Heat have tons of cap space so extending Jrue isn't a problem.

Pels get their starting shooting guard of the future who can grow with the rest of the group.

Big win-win for both clubs IMO
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man
And1: 1,425

Re: Proposal: Jrue to the Heat for a package centred around Herro 

Post#2 » by Jordan Syndrome » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:13 pm

How does a team that is on the verge of making the NBA Finals in part because of a 20 year old rookie trade the rookie?

The Heat are already going to be in the running for a Championship for many more years than you are proposing here by simply keeping Herro. I don't think the Heat would trade Herro for any realistic offer at this point, including Zion.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Alonzo_Morning » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:How does a team that is on the verge of making the NBA Finals in part because of a 20 year old rookie trade the rookie?

The Heat are already going to be in the running for a Championship for many more years than you are proposing here by simply keeping Herro. I don't think the Heat would trade Herro for any realistic offer at this point, including Zion at this point.

Because Jrue pushes them over the top to overwhelming championship favourites
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by Jordan Syndrome » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:18 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Jordan Syndrome wrote:How does a team that is on the verge of making the NBA Finals in part because of a 20 year old rookie trade the rookie?

The Heat are already going to be in the running for a Championship for many more years than you are proposing here by simply keeping Herro. I don't think the Heat would trade Herro for any realistic offer at this point, including Zion at this point.

I don't even think Holiday makes the team significantly better. Herro has unparalleled synergy and chemistry with the team and provides "elite" spacing on a team that needs the spacing with Jimmy Butler. Holiday can simply bolt after next season.

Why do the Heat need to be "overwhelming championship favorites" when they are 2 games away from the NBA championship? Do you think the Heat care about what the media or feeble fans think of their "favorites"?
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#5 » by Papi_swav » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:21 pm

I would not do this if I was HEAT. Herro is a big part of that team and they may make the finals. Plus heats want to keep their cap space to make a run at Giannis etc.. I love Jrue but this doesn't make sense from heat standpoint. Just send Jrue to the Nets :D
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Alonzo_Morning » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:21 pm

Jordan Syndrome wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:

I don't even think Holiday makes the team significantly better. Herro has unparalleled synergy and chemistry with the team and provides "elite" spacing on a team that needs the spacing with Jimmy Butler. Holiday can simply bolt after next season.

Why do the Heat need to be "overwhelming championship favorites" when they are 2 games away from the NBA championship? Do you think the Heat care about what the media or feeble fans think of their "favorites"?

I meant from a talent point of view, not a media viewpoint. Get a confirmation from Jrue that he's willing to re-sign
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 pm

At least wait to see where the Heat end up before you start breaking up that team. If for no other reason, that's exactly what the Heat are going to do.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#8 » by gom » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:27 pm

It's more likely for the Heat to keep Herro and resign Dragić. Dragić, Butler, and Bam are the core of the team right now.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#9 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Just wait until Jrue opts our next summer.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,547

Post#10 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:33 pm

Yeah more likely Jrue is picked up as a consolation prize in FA if Miami doesn't land a bigger fish than they make a trade for him now.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Alonzo_Morning » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:35 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Yeah more likely Jrue is picked up as a consolation prize in FA if Miami doesn't land a bigger fish than they make a trade for him now.

Pels don't let him walk. Too many teams interested in his services
Jordan Syndrome
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Jordan Syndrome » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:39 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Yeah more likely Jrue is picked up as a consolation prize in FA if Miami doesn't land a bigger fish than they make a trade for him now.

Pels don't let him walk. Too many teams interested in his services

The teams interested in his services then can trade what they want for him. The fact is Holiday is a Free Agent next year and if he wants to win a championship he is going to leave New Orleans.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Alonzo_Morning » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:45 pm

I don't think there has been a better defensive duo ever than if you combined Butler and Jrue
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#14 » by BBallFreak » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Not trading Herro for Jrue, and I love Jrue. But we're going to resign Dragic, keep developing Herro, and preserve our cap space...
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,058

Post#15 » by vxmike » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:43 pm

The Heat are already going to be in the running for a Championship for many more years than you are proposing here by simply keeping Herro. I don't think the Heat would trade Herro for any realistic offer at this point, including Zion.

Agree. Herro is exceptionally valuable because he has three years left on a rookie deal. Taking on Jrue not only means you lose Herro but you lose a max FA spot next offseason. That’s a horrible trade.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,362

Post#16 » by patman66 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:11 am

Jordan Syndrome wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:

They are two wins away.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,745

Post#17 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:38 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:I don't think there has been a better defensive duo ever than if you combined Butler and Jrue

Just in today's league Ben Simmons and Embiid, Giannis and BroLo. Gobert and Royce.... Let alone all the historical examples.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,607

Post#18 » by Mrakar » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:55 am

No way Pels can get Herro considering how he is playing right now and how young he is.
I don't think Heat gets better even right now, and let alone in the future with this trade.
No from Heat 100%.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#19 » by puppa bear » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 am

Comparing Herro from before the bubble to in the bubble you can see the improvement. A player with his confidence and desire to improve will keep putting himself in a position to get better - next season we’ll see another step.

Given how well he fits with Jimmy & Bam, I see no reason to be rushing the process and trading for a player we may already be online to sign in 2021.

Nunn is the young player that may be on the block, that’s about it.
GatorbaitDD
Rookie
And1: 673

Post#20 » by GatorbaitDD » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:03 pm

nope. Jrue's value has gone down, because of his contract situation. Had more value last summer.

Return to Trades and Transactions